Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 12:37 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,249,543 times

Advertisements

There is a ongoing thread currently in the Chicago forum.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chica...l#post48075074

Maybe some want to chime in that one. I posted pictures there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 03:31 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,755,431 times
Watching the Toronto vs Cleveland Game on ABC and when I saw the footage of downtown Toronto, it made me think of Manhattan a lot more than Chicago.

I think I need to add Toronto to my travel list too

Old 05-07-2017, 03:35 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,432,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Watching the Toronto vs Cleveland Game on ABC and when I saw the footage of downtown Toronto, it made me think of Manhattan a lot more than Chicago.

Do it. I've always heard people compare Toronto to Chicago. But I love Toronto.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:45 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,249,543 times
Quote:

You should do a Manhattan vs. Downtown Toronto thread. I will avoid it. Perhaps in the Toronto forum there. Don't be surprised if Chicago gets brought in. Again., I will hold myself back. Too many threads were Chicago vs. Toronto. Toronto declared the win since 2013. They are virtually already declaring a metro win too. Only thing yet they can't is skyscraper count. But declared a win in overall high-rise count.

Too bad you got cheap seats to Chicago? You might have been able to change things to Toronto? Then a Manhattan/Toronto feel to compare? This thread seems DOA in from the start. The consensus in threads... is a downtown Chicago will not compare in the least. Well at all to a beast of Manhattan? Maybe Toronto would fare much better? I know Torontonians surely would claim that win.

Old 05-07-2017, 03:53 PM

14,058 posts, read 13,959,440 times
Quote:

Add Montreal Canada, Seattle, Portland Oregon, Denver Colorado Vancouver, to the list

Old 05-07-2017, 04:15 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,972,989 times
Quote:

Toronto is a lot like Chicago. Those two cities are probably more similar than either is to NYC. There's an area that's clearly modeled after Times Square, but that's where the NYC similarity ends. Chicago is far more similar to NYC than Toronto is. I say this as a Native New Yorker who's lived in Chicago and visited Toronto five or six times.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Toronto is a lot like Chicago. Those two cities are probably more similar than either is to NYC. There's an area that's clearly modeled after Times Square, but that's where the NYC similarity ends. Chicago is far more similar to NYC than Toronto is. I say this as a Native New Yorker who's lived in Chicago and visited Toronto five or six times.

Toronto's area that was modeled after Times Square, is that where the AMC movie theater is?

Old 05-07-2017, 04:26 PM

615 posts, read 601,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
That's not entirely true. Toronto's core has become primarily residential mid and high-rises, which is very different from Chicago and more similar to Manhattan. Granted Toronto's core is still 1/4 of the size of Manhattan and will need to continuously stretch from South Core to North York to come close, which won't happen for another 10-15 years.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:32 PM

3,733 posts, read 2,896,791 times
This isn't about Toronto....don't let that happen.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enean View Post
This isn't about Toronto....don't let that happen.

Right, let's keep it Chicago vs NYC lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City