Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 07:10 PM

613 posts, read 326,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I said Beaumont TX. Both are minority majority, near much larger metros and have unfavorable views in their respective states.
To keep the thread going: Jefferson City, MO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 07:44 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
To keep the thread going: Jefferson City, MO
I'll say Frankfort KY, as both are smaller city capitals with an HBCU and are close to other cities with the flagship university for their respective states.

Binghamton NY

Old 06-25-2022, 06:43 AM

754 posts, read 569,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I'll say Frankfort KY, as both are smaller city capitals with an HBCU and are close to other cities with the flagship university for their respective states.

Binghamton NY
Scranton, PA. Both are economically & demographically similar, have a Boscov's, home to a university with the same name as the city (Binghamton University & University of Scranton) and are on/flow into the Susquehanna River.

Binghamton is in between the Susquehanna & Chenango Rivers while Scranton is on the Lackawanna River (flows into Susquehanna River). Scranton is also larger in population & less isolated.

New Brunswick, NJ & Piscataway, NJ

Old 06-28-2022, 08:09 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

Binghamton NY
Waterville, BJ. Similar population, demographics and location. Lawton OK?

Old 06-28-2022, 08:21 PM

9 posts, read 6,900 times
Quote:
Waterville, BJ. Similar population, demographics and location. Lawton OK?
I guess Wichita Falls TX, they're practically next to each other.

Evansville, IN?

Old 06-30-2022, 12:28 AM

899 posts, read 517,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-South Mike View Post
I guess Wichita Falls TX, they're practically next to each other.

Evansville, IN?
Peoria, IL. Both are somewhat rust belt, and both have good sized rivers downtown.

Burlington, VT

Old 06-30-2022, 09:58 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,911,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Burlington, VT
Ithaca, NY is a good one. Hippie, crunchy college town in a beautiful natural setting and on a lake in the Northeastern US.

Panama City, FL

Old 06-30-2022, 10:41 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,191,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Ithaca, NY is a good one. Hippie, crunchy college town in a beautiful natural setting and on a lake in the Northeastern US.

Panama City, FL
Myrtle Beach SC. Both are beach towns, rely on tourism and have similar demographics. Stockton CA.

Old 06-30-2022, 01:23 PM

899 posts, read 517,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Scranton, PA. Both are economically & demographically similar, have a Boscov's, home to a university with the same name as the city (Binghamton University & University of Scranton) and are on/flow into the Susquehanna River.

Binghamton is in between the Susquehanna & Chenango Rivers while Scranton is on the Lackawanna River (flows into Susquehanna River). Scranton is also larger in population & less isolated.

New Brunswick, NJ & Piscataway, NJ
Azusa, CA. Both are college towns that have large Hispanic populations outside the college.

Quote:
Myrtle Beach SC. Both are beach towns, rely on tourism and have similar demographics. Stockton CA.
I recently asked this and got Beaumont because both are minority majority, near larger cities and have bad reputations from others in their states. Also, both have small colleges (Lamar in Beaumont and Pacific in Stockton), as well as ports a distance inland.

Brentwood, TN?

Old 07-02-2022, 02:12 PM

9,678 posts, read 9,375,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Azusa, CA. Both are college towns that have large Hispanic populations outside the college.

I recently asked this and got Beaumont because both are minority majority, near larger cities and have bad reputations from others in their states. Also, both have small colleges (Lamar in Beaumont and Pacific in Stockton), as well as ports a distance inland.

Brentwood, TN?
Dunwoody, GA. Both have a plethora of luxury homes, rolling hills, and places to shop and eat. On the edge of their respective urban cities. Both have good reputations and are pretty clean areas.

Waco, TX?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City