Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2022, 09:03 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,915,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Hialeah, FL
Hialeah is quite unique in that it's a predominantly minority community (over 90% Hispanic, mostly Cuban) with relatively low crime and poverty rates, and a tendency to vote Republican. None of the predominantly Mexican suburbs of LA really share these traits, nor do the predominantly black suburbs of cities such as DC or Atlanta - at least as far as I know.

This is a boring answer, I know; but I'm going with Doral, Florida. It's another safe and family-friendly, large, predominantly Hispanic suburb in Miami-Dade county.

Gulfport, Mississippi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 03:23 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,193,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Hialeah is quite unique in that it's a predominantly minority community (over 90% Hispanic, mostly Cuban) with relatively low crime and poverty rates, and a tendency to vote Republican. None of the predominantly Mexican suburbs of LA really share these traits, nor do the predominantly black suburbs of cities such as DC or Atlanta - at least as far as I know.

This is a boring answer, I know; but I'm going with Doral, Florida. It's another safe and family-friendly, large, predominantly Hispanic suburb in Miami-Dade county.

Gulfport, Mississippi
Probably Biloxi since they aren't far apart. El Paso TX?

Old 07-26-2022, 06:59 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Albuquerque

Macon, GA?

Old 07-27-2022, 06:20 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Albuquerque

Macon, GA?
Probably Montgomery, AL. They both have several famous musicians that've grown up in these cities, they are in the central parts of their respective states, both cities are within blue leaning counties, and demographically according to looking at percentages of people of ____ race within these 2 cities that both cities aren't that different from each other.

Decatur, IL

Old 07-30-2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Probably Montgomery, AL. They both have several famous musicians that've grown up in these cities, they are in the central parts of their respective states, both cities are within blue leaning counties, and demographically according to looking at percentages of people of ____ race within these 2 cities that both cities aren't that different from each other.

Decatur, IL
I said Springfield, IL. Even though Springfield is bigger they have similar racial demographics. Longview TX?

Old 08-01-2022, 10:31 AM

3,439 posts, read 3,367,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
I said Springfield, IL. Even though Springfield is bigger they have similar racial demographics. Longview TX?
I had a hard time at first thinking of a similar one, but I'll go with Paris, TX. Both places once had black lynching incidents occur occasionally into the early 20th century, the demographics of both places aren't too much different(albeit Paris has slightly fewer Hispanics and Asians), and both have economies with hospitals, and certain manufacturing companies providing a lot of jobs.

Port Arthur, TX

Old 08-03-2022, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I had a hard time at first thinking of a similar one, but I'll go with Paris, TX. Both places once had black lynching incidents occur occasionally into the early 20th century, the demographics of both places aren't too much different(albeit Paris has slightly fewer Hispanics and Asians), and both have economies with hospitals, and certain manufacturing companies providing a lot of jobs.

Port Arthur, TX
Beaumont. Both have similar demographics and both have declining, depressed economies.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:16 PM

899 posts, read 517,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Beaumont. Both have similar demographics and both have declining, depressed economies.
To keep this thread going: Bakersfield is a city near Los Angeles that has a lot of oil, like Beaumont and Port Arthur.

Stillwater, OK

Old 08-15-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
To keep this thread going: Bakersfield is a city near Los Angeles that has a lot of oil, like Beaumont and Port Arthur.

Stillwater, OK
Enid OK. Both similar population, racial demographics and landscape. Manhattan KS?

Old 08-16-2022, 05:03 AM

1,801 posts, read 1,949,479 times
I'll actually go with Stillwater, OK here due to both being college towns with its university name ending in "state", and both are located fairly similarly between each states two largest cities. Even though KS and OK are in different Census Bureau regions, just like MD and PA, they aren't as different as they seem to be, being Plains states, both are home to Big XII schools, both located just to the east of US highway 77, and are islands of blue in red seas politically. Stillwater is much closer to KS than it is to TX geographically too. It certainly has more in common than San Marcos (home to TX State U, which is down between San Antonio and Austin). The only TX college town that comes close to Stillwater in terms of similarities IMO is Wichita Falls, home to Midwestern State University.

Is Greensboro, NC more similar to Raleigh or Charlotte?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City