Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:47 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I have found southern men to be phonies. "Sugar". I am nobody's sugar. "Young Lady". I haven't been a young lady in DECADES. Ma'm will do just fine, thank you very much.

Just say what you mean and what you want and cut out all BS.

I am NYC born and raised.
Honey, I am a Southerner and I hate it when men call me that, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
It is once you leave SE Dallas on I-45.
So True.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:57 AM

165 posts, read 605,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
That is simply not true. All of those cities are not bigger than NY. According to CSA. Metro sizes. New York is considered the second biggest metro area in the world, closing in on 23 million. Some estimate as some consensuses are counted, NY would be number 1. This excludes the hundreds of areas counted within the Tokyo area. That means that only one metro is considered more populated than NYC. Once again, with the exception of Tokyo land. If you added Tokyo with their 35 million. And who knows what they are counting to get that number, then NY would be third. I personally think that they are counting half of Japan. Definately counting more than what "the consensus" considers "metro areas. Anyway NY excluding Tokyo sits at the number two most populated metro in the world.
does it not seem a bit crazy that nyc counts all those places a part of the metro of the city? almost 3 whole states?
i have never been, but does all that feel like part of nyc metro?
or are they just adding in as many consensus as they can?
For example in London, they only have places that are close and really do feel like part of London to the metro area.. I guess if they want, they could add half of Essex and Hertfordshire and double up numbers

Old 04-05-2009, 07:08 AM

1,437 posts, read 3,072,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ire2usa View Post
does it not seem a bit crazy that nyc counts all those places a part of the metro of the city? almost 3 whole states?
i have never been, but does all that feel like part of nyc metro?
or are they just adding in as many consensus as they can?
For example in London, they only have places that are close and really do feel like part of London to the metro area.. I guess if they want, they could add half of Essex and Hertfordshire and double up numbers
The metro area they refer to is small parts of Conn and New Jersey. Not the ENTIRE states themselves. And a lot of those people commute into NYC (Mannhattan) everyday for work or shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City