Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 01:34 AM

633 posts, read 1,442,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
I did not ask what about holding or quotations style. I asked about serious journalism on a national and international scale. Went through your list and could not find any examples. So, is there a serious national and international journalism in Chicago or not?
Are you serious? Dude, I'm not going to keep answering your questions if you aren't going to even read what I write. Thanks again for imitating me.

How about this:

Is there a building in New York over 1400 feet? Has there ever been, or not?
Is there more than one building with a roof higher than 1000 feet in New York?
Are there any notable Bascule bridges in New York? Is there more than one?
Was electricity first exhibited in New York? Or was it someplace else?
What was the first movie capital of the country? Where did Charlie Chaplain and his ilk film their silent films before the industry moved to California?
Is there an elevated train running through the CBD of New York? Or not?
Where can I get a decent Italian Beef or a jar of giardiniera in New York City?
Where is the world's most important commodities exchange? Is that in New York?
Is New York the world's tallest city? Or is that somewhere in the Midwest?
Did New York get ranked the best city for Men, or the City of the Year by GQ?

I'm just curious; and of course I'm making a point. New York has great, world-class journalism. And that's not all it has. However, it doesn't have it all.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:42 AM

49 posts, read 100,030 times
EDIT> And as expected we have silence. Apparently chitwon2pa just discovered that there is no serious journalism in Chicago. I think someone should reach out to him and help in this difficult time.[/quote]

Booth has some journals such as Journal of Accounting Research and Journal of Business.

Ebony/jet, and Pitchfork
are also in Chicago. Just curious what do you consider "serious".

Old 04-12-2009, 01:55 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Where can I get...a jar of giardiniera in New York City?
If that's what you're about, never leave Chicago. No place gets giardiniera right- I've been to 'Italian' groceries and sandwich shops around the country and they either look at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead when I ask about it, or have that garbage with the cauliflower in it and think it's real. EVERYwhere else. Everywhere.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
If that's what you're about, never leave Chicago. No place gets giardiniera right- I've been to 'Italian' groceries and sandwich shops around the country and they either look at me like I have a dick growing out of my forehead when I ask about it, or have that garbage with the cauliflower in it and think it's real. EVERYwhere else. Everywhere.
So true! And good luck getting an Italian Beef, period. It's not happening. I have yet to have a good slice of pizza outside the city as well.

Now when it comes to seafood, give me Boston any day.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown2pa View Post
Are you serious? Dude, I'm not going to keep answering your questions if you aren't going to even read what I write. Thanks again for imitating me.

How about this:

Is there a building in New York over 1400 feet? Has there ever been, or not?
Is there more than one building with a roof higher than 1000 feet in New York?
Are there any notable Bascule bridges in New York? Is there more than one?
Was electricity first exhibited in New York? Or was it someplace else?
What was the first movie capital of the country? Where did Charlie Chaplain and his ilk film their silent films before the industry moved to California?
Is there an elevated train running through the CBD of New York? Or not?
Where can I get a decent Italian Beef or a jar of giardiniera in New York City?
Where is the world's most important commodities exchange? Is that in New York?
Is New York the world's tallest city? Or is that somewhere in the Midwest?
Did New York get ranked the best city for Men, or the City of the Year by GQ?

I'm just curious; and of course I'm making a point. New York has great, world-class journalism. And that's not all it has. However, it doesn't have it all.
woah fall back my man. nyc's skyline is like FIVE times bigger than chicago.NEW YORK IS CHICAGOS DADDY. The sears tower is not known, nobody knows this building like seriously. Damn sure will be forgotten after freedom tower trumps it. Like i said before ya got a big ass red ugly building messing up ya skyline. We actually have people walking our streets aswell. And our buildings arent just decoration

1.Dont know what a bascule bridge is. But i can assure you the BROOKLYN bridge is more famous and better than any bridge in chicago

2. A city being happy it got GQ of the year, is like a grown ass man being happy he got star or a sticker on his report card. NYC is greatness every year every month and every day. And how can chicago be a better city for men when new york got all the females.

3. And since new york is the TRUE italian city, not the FAKE wanna be(al capone who was a brooklyn dude running ya chi town cats) italian city. Im sure we have great Italian Beef or a jar of giardiniera

Old 04-12-2009, 02:11 AM

734 posts, read 2,053,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
woah fall back my man. nyc's skyline is like FIVE times bigger than chicago.NEW YORK IS CHICAGOS DADDY.
Shanghai's skyline is like FIVE times bigger than New York's? Is Shanghai New York's daddy or are you going to make some weak justification?

Quote:
The sears tower is not known, nobody knows this building like seriously.
New Yorkers aren't the brightest bunch.

Quote:
1.Dont know what a bascule bridge is.
They don't know how to use google, either.

Quote:
2. A city being happy it got GQ of the year, is like a grown ass man being happy he got star or a sticker on his report card. NYC is greatness every year every month and every day.
Not the days and months that contributed to that study, I guess.

Quote:
3. Im sure we have great Italian Beef or a jar of giardiniera
You don't. You just don't.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
woah fall back my man. nyc's skyline is like FIVE times bigger than chicago.NEW YORK IS CHICAGOS DADDY. The sears tower is not known, nobody knows this building like seriously. Damn sure will be forgotten after freedom tower trumps it. Like i said before ya got a big ass red ugly building messing up ya skyline. We actually have people walking our streets aswell. And our buildings arent just decoration

1.Dont know what a bascule bridge is. But i can assure you the BROOKLYN bridge is more famous and better than any bridge in chicago

2. A city being happy it got GQ of the year, is like a grown ass man being happy he got star or a sticker on his report card. NYC is greatness every year every month and every day. And how can chicago be a better city for men when new york got all the females.

3. And since new york is the TRUE italian city, not the FAKE wanna be(al capone who was a brooklyn dude running ya chi town cats) italian city. Im sure we have great Italian Beef or a jar of giardiniera
Yeah, but bigger doesn't mean taller. Chicago's skyline is taller. Its skyscrapers are older. Chicago is New York's daddy. I never mentioned the Sears Tower. You did. That means you know it. That means it's known. We have a red building. Yes, that's true. That's called the CNA Building. We also have some blue buildings, and some black ones. Congrats on learning those colors. Sorry you don't like the color red, but luckily for you there are lots more to enjoy.

We got people walking our streets aswell too (whatever that means?). So, good job to both of us. Our buildings aren't for decoration either. We have that in common too! Ours look better though, so... better luck with that one next time.

You don't know what a bascule bridge is. That's okay. You know how to use the internet, so it won't be hard to look it up. I was using that as an example to show a previous forum participant something. I don't think you would understand. If you want to try, however, it was this: New York has national journalism publications; Chicago has innovative engineering. Still with me? No? Okay, let's move on.

I'm not sure what you mean by New York's got all the females. Have you ever been to Chicago? Trust me, my friend, there are girls here too. Also, I didn't write the article, so you might have better luck arguing with GQ. I thought you didn't care about their opinion, though, so good luck sorting that mess out in your head.

No, you don't have giardiniara. And you aren't a real Italian city. Rome is a real Italian city. New York is an American one (and barely even that, it's so international).

Good luck with getting your G.E.D. though.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:24 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,865 times
actually i think its hong kong u were looking for. And uh hong kong has about 800 more homogenous buildings than nyc. Big deal. Thats not 5 times bigger. NYC has the perfect blend of quantity and quality making it hands down the best skyline to a reasonable person. None of hks scrapers are world known same thing with chicago.lol. When u think skyline- a little picture wit the empire state building somewhere in there, comes to mind not the sears tower-And seriously nobody knows that building besides mid-westerners and scraper fanatics

1. It doesnt matter what a bascule bridge is. Why would you mention it knowing that every bridge in chicago pales in comparison to both the gwb and the Brooklyn bridge

2. the heavens have seperated and guess what chicago is GQ city of the year. Let daddy new york give you guys a star.

New York is Chicagos daddy. Just accept it

Old 04-12-2009, 02:25 AM

@ LucasS6: Oh man, so great. So hilarious and great. I need to go to bed, but I just want to keep reading your post over and over. Keep up the great work, my friend.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:26 AM

Quote:
actually i think its hong kong u were looking for. And uh hong kong has about 800 more homogenous buildings than nyc. Big deal. Thats not 5 times bigger. NYC has the perfect blend of quantity and quality making it hands down the best skyline to a reasonable person. None of hks scrapers are world known same thing with chicago.lol. When u think skyline- a little picture wit the empire state building somewhere in there, comes to mind not the sears tower-And seriously nobody knows that building besides mid-westerners and scraper fanatics

1. It doesnt matter what a bascule bridge is. Why would you mention it knowing that every bridge in chicago pales in comparison to both the gwb and the Brooklyn bridge

2. the heavens have seperated and guess what chicago is GQ city of the year. Let daddy new york give you guys a star.

New York is Chicagos daddy. Just accept it

KONY shows his true colors. He's Dementor. Wow, what a rousing display of douchedom.

Last edited by chitown2pa; 04-12-2009 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: Me am smart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City