Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM

157 posts, read 397,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
"I can wear shorts and flip flops all year". They don't like wearing clothes.
What precisely is wrong with this?

I could quite easily turn this the other way and ask why people in the Midwest would want to be stuck in that godawfully uncomfortable winter gear for so much of the year - are they trying to cover up the fat rolls from all of that Cinci chili and Chicago deep dish pizza??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2009, 07:50 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,561,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
are they trying to cover up the fat rolls from all of that Cinci chili and Chicago deep dish pizza??
Unfortunetly many in the South do not cover up their fat rolls.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:52 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,692,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
damnn. do you have nothing better to do then waste cyberspace with your unnecessary remarks?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:03 PM

157 posts, read 397,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
damnn. do you have nothing better to do then waste cyberspace with your unnecessary remarks?
Agreed.

I left Michigan 22 years ago. I don't have a very pleasant view of the state, particularly the Detroit area. And yet, you don't see me on the Michigan forum lambasting people there for their bad taste in remaining in what I personally consider to be a dull, economically moribund state with an intolerable climate. If people are happy there, more power to them. I would never live in that state, or the Midwest, again, but I understand why so many people desire to remain there.

Perhaps it is because I'm comfortable with my own life choices, so I don't feel the need to constantly chastise others for theirs?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:09 PM

8,615 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
...and there are many people all over including the North who do not cover up their fat mouths.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:10 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
OK, it's gotten ridiculous now. It's one thing to genuinely prefer denser, more walkable urban cores, but criticizing people because of climate choices and even assigning them to sub-human categorizations is just plain stupid, inane, and immature and I don't care where the hell you live.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:13 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
What precisely is wrong with this?

I could quite easily turn this the other way and ask why people in the Midwest would want to be stuck in that godawfully uncomfortable winter gear for so much of the year - are they trying to cover up the fat rolls from all of that Cinci chili and Chicago deep dish pizza??
Odd arguements floating around on here, but whatever. Time to settle this.

Okay, I'm not sure about the nudity arguement, but yeah, you have no ground on the fat arguement. The south is the land of supersizing, covering stuff in gravy, "old-fashioned home cooking! With fresh lard off of that there cow!!!!!!", obesity, and a general attitude that does not promote physical exercise. (again, the definition of Suburbia on many accounts). Also, the south is the only place you can find high-lard chains like Rally's (or Checkers) and Hardee's still in existence, or doughnut shops that were not killed by the health crazes of the 1990's. Heck, the last time I drove through NC, I stopped off at Arby's for breakfast and got BISCUTS AND GRAVY for breakfast, which is barely even available in Ohio, much less at fast-sood restraunts that offer limited breakfast selections, just to give y'all an idea.....

Houston is also consistently ranked as the nation's fattest city, and one viewing of "Super Size Me" will tell you why, and other southern cities, such as Atlanta, Dallas, and Nashville frequently follow suit. Still, I guess we got Philly, so ..... yeah. Take that and run with it.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,660,026 times
Default Precisely

Quote:
I would rather see them covered up than letting it all hang out, which they DO here. Then there are the old folks in their shorts and tank tops too.

I cannot think of anything appealing about the SunBelt.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:18 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,862,821 times
Disclaimer: Yes, the north is also home to vast amounts of suburbia and fat people. I realize that and I am not attacking the south, I am just simply suggesting the fat road is one that ould not be wise to go down. Economics and politics always seem to work better....

Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,540,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post

Houston is also consistently ranked as the nation's fattest city, and one viewing of "Super Size Me" will tell you why, and other southern cities, such as Atlanta, Dallas, and Nashville frequently follow suit. Still, I guess we got Philly, so ..... yeah. Take that and run with it.
According to WHAT?????!! A stupid magazine that has the dumbest criteria of any magazine or the CDC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City