Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Yeah, those Mcdonalds drive through customers can get rather mean sometimes
Very funny..... yeah, you think I'd commute from the D for a fast food job LOL..... it isn't that bad up here.

The McDonald's are actually HIRING up here, and trust me, if I were a HS dropout, I'd much rather wrok at McDonald's than one of those gaudy call centers y'all are bragging about. At least it would pay the same.

Last edited by Daytonnatian; 07-08-2009 at 02:30 PM.. Reason: more important stuff to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 02:29 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,861,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatemorons View Post
The sunbelt is too hot and sticky. That is why everybody is fat there. They can't go outside because it is to hot to be excersize, so all they do is stay inside the airconditioning and eat fried food. I hate the sun too. The sun is overrated.
I nominate this for best quote of the week (btw, we need to make a thread on here for that)

Old 07-08-2009, 02:39 PM

8,609 posts, read 10,139,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonnatian View Post
Very funny..... yeah, you think I'd commute from the D for a fast food job LOL..... it isn't that bad up here.

The McDonald's are actually HIRING up here, and trust me, if I were a HS dropout, I'd much rather wrok at McDonald's than one of those gaudy call centers y'all are bragging about. At least it would pay the same.
Wow...

Well, I do not live in FL, but I made nearly $75,000 last year working at a 'gaudy call center' which required that I have a degree. You can keep McDonald's.

I'd like to nominate YOUR quote as the quote for the week.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:42 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
The sunbelt is too hot and sticky. That is why everybody is fat there. They can't go outside because it is to hot to be excersize, so all they do is stay inside the airconditioning and eat fried food. I hate the sun too. The sun is overrated.
The North is too cold and snowy. That's why a lot of people in the North get fatter during the winter. People can't go outside to exercise because it is too cold, so all they do is stay inside with the heat and get drunk/eat a lot at Christmas parties. I hate snow. Snow is overrated.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:43 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Quote:
yeah its only extremely hot for a few months, just about the same amount of time that its cold up north, when all you guys do is sit inside in the heat and turn pale and fat.

I dont even stay inside during the summer months here, im at the pool, beach, etc a few times a week, getting a tan and being active.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
haha, ok.
you keep your 100 degree weather out there in the desert.

Quote:
I love sitting around in subzero temps. Right now it is cloudy, 24 degrees, and I drilled a hole through the ice in my pool. I am going out for a July swim. In August we are going to get above 32 degrees for the first time this year!
Exactly the point I was trying to make. What makes you people think that it stays 90's in the Sunbelt all year long? Having grown up in Chicago, I'm perfectly aware of when it IS subzero temperatures and when it is not.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:47 PM

44 posts, read 116,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
yeah its only extremely hot for a few months, just about the same amount of time that its cold up north, when all you guys do is sit inside in the heat and turn pale and fat.

I dont even stay inside during the summer months here, im at the pool, beach, etc a few times a week, getting a tan and being active.
I actually like the cold. Also, it is so funny that you guys think it is really that bad. Yeah, it gets very cold for like 3 weeks. The rest of winter is typically in the high 30s or 40s. Due to climatization of your body, you do not percieve that as cold. I go jogging every january night. It is actually the best time to go running also.

I can't take the heat as I can take the cold. I would prefer my three weeks of cold and snow compared to 4 months that are to warm and humid for me.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Exactly the point I was trying to make. What makes you people think that it stays 90's in the Sunbelt all year long? Having grown up in Chicago, I'm perfectly aware of when it IS subzero temperatures and when it is not.
sorry, personally, I just can't take it if it gets over 80 degrees. So please keep your 80-120 degree weather out there in the desert!

Old 07-08-2009, 02:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
Quote:
I actually like the cold. Also, it is so funny that you guys think it is really that bad. Yeah, it gets very cold for like 3 weeks. The rest of winter is typically in the high 30s or 40s. Due to climatization of your body, you do not percieve that as cold. I go jogging every january night. It is actually the best time to go running also.

I can't take the heat as I can take the cold. I would prefer my three weeks of cold and snow compared to 4 months that are to warm and humid for me.
Where do you live that only has 3 weeks of cold and snow?

Old 07-08-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
sorry, personally, I just can't take it if it gets over 80 degrees. So please keep your 80-120 degree weather out there in the desert!
Tucson Weather

US Geography / US Weather / Arizona Weather / Tucson
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
Avg. High 64° 67° 72° 81° 88° 98° 98° 96° 94° 84° 72° 64°
Avg. Low 38° 41° 44° 50° 58° 67° 74° 72° 67° 56° 45° 38°
Mean 51° 54° 58° 66° 74° 84° 87° 85° 80° 70° 58° 52°
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City