Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 08:40 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Because those people are the tourists Trust me, I live here and can point out the tourists and locals just by looking at them.

The thing with other cities is that they don't have the density of high scale shopping. Also, how many other areas of the country can say they have like 5 Saks' and 5 Bloomingdales within a radius of 20 miles of the city? I'm guessing you've also never been on 5th avenue for the shopping. Really only Chicago has that density of high-scale shopping.
Racheal I know tourist from new yorkers... Being that both of my best friends live in ny I go beyond times square and manhatten... And not everyone in ny can dress.. And it's never about how many bloomies and saks you have because they carry same merchandise in them. Atlanta has saks 2 bloomies and 3 nordstroms neimans giorgio Armani etc.. Same for Miami they got prada Dior emillio pucci etc.. But that doesn't mean everyone can dress because we have those boutiques and that doesn't mean that eveyone is shopping st those places...

Old 12-29-2009, 08:45 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Racheal I know tourist from new yorkers... Being that both of my best friends live in ny I go beyond times square and manhatten... And not everyone in ny can dress.. And it's never about how many bloomies and saks you have because they carry same merchandise in them. Atlanta has saks 2 bloomies and 3 nordstroms neimans giorgio Armani etc.. Same for Miami they got prada Dior emillio pucci etc.. But that doesn't mean everyone can dress because we have those boutiques and that doesn't mean that eveyone is shopping st those places...

Exactly! That is what I have been saying all along . We have all of those in Dallas and Houston as well. I am sure Boston, Chicago, LA, SF and Atlanta and Miami (as you mentioned) do too

Old 12-29-2009, 09:17 AM

5,429 posts, read 14,840,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDGJFK View Post
Actually, America Manahasset makes the Galleria look like a flea market.
I think you've made it obvious that your only goal in this thread is to be as rude and inaccurate as possible about Houston/Texas. Good job, and thanks for your contributions to make this forum better...

Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
so i guess there is the great wall of china plus the berlin wall blocking ppl in long island from nyc, huh.

smh.

i'd like to remind ppl that two boroughs of nyc are located on long island. i'd also like to remind ppl that the lirr goes through these boroughs. the point is that ppl in long island have their own places to shop but they can also take a train or drive to the city anytime. many do daily.

Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
I think you've made it obvious that your only goal in this thread is to be as rude and inaccurate as possible about Houston/Texas. Good job, and thanks for your contributions to make this forum better...
right all they have to do is pull up Houston galleria store directory and they will
See.. One place I wish we had here in Atlanta is Century 21 I love that place... I love Nyc I really do but everyone is not infacuated with the place nor do everyone thinks it's the greatest place on earth I'm glad we have many places to choose from to live and visit...

Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
I guess Beverly Hills to Los Angeles is like Manhattan to NYC; where all the super-expensive clothing stores & boutiques are located. And where people come to shop for the latest fashions. So I suppose these cities would be considered "best dressed." But I still prefer what people wear in LA compared to New York; more casual\ sport-oriented styles.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Not impressed... can find those stores in any major city in America

Actually, no, Bloomingdales is only in central/south Florida and Virginia. The rest are in the north. And that's only the home goods store I believe; not the clothing store. The clothing stores are only in NY since their flagship store is in NY. Most upscale stores have their flagship store here.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Exactly! That is what I have been saying all along . We have all of those in Dallas and Houston as well. I am sure Boston, Chicago, LA, SF and Atlanta and Miami (as you mentioned) do too

Not in the density that we have them here. I don't have to go more than 15 miles to go to any upscale store; you name it. And that's with me living in a "hick" town right outside the city border

Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,386,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Actually, no, Bloomingdales is only in central/south Florida and Virginia. The rest are in the north. And that's only the home goods store I believe; not the clothing store. The clothing stores are only in NY since their flagship store is in NY. Most upscale stores have their flagship store here.
Bloomingdales is also in California.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Bloomingdales is also in California.
I know, I think most are in California and New York--the 2 best dressed places in the country
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City