Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 11:37 AM

94 posts, read 61,737 times

Advertisements

I was in Houston last weekend and the streets were dead. I was in Downtown, Eado, and the Galleria area. Where's the nightlife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2022, 01:20 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,621,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsmiths View Post
New Orleans, Vegas, and Miami has the best nightlife in the sunbelt easily. Behind those 2, Austin and Nashville.
Are we counting LA as a sunbelt city too? Cause if so I don't know how Austin and Nashville isn't behind LA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grin123 View Post
I was in Houston last weekend and the streets were dead. I was in Downtown, Eado, and the Galleria area. Where's the nightlife?
Funny cause I was literally in downtown and Eado last weekend and people were out and about socializing. The thing is Houston doesn't have a lot of walkable areas so streets won't be filled with pedestrians walking bar to bar or anything like that. The closest pedestrian friendly walkable area dedicated to bars,clubs, restaurants Houston has is Main st. in Downtown Houston. Midtown Houston has pockets of that but not as continuous as Main st. and even that pales in comparison to cities with real official nightlife district. But bars, clubs, lounges, restaurants are always filled at night time in Houston. And we know this cause traffic is still chaotic at night. You're just getting in your car and driving to your destination in Houston rather than walking. But people do get out and socialize in Houston it's just not built like a 6th street in Austin or FQ in New Orleans.

Also the Galleria area is more of a shopping destination with mostly restaurants scattered throughout. The clubs and bars are further down Westheimer away from the Galleria/Uptown area which is anti-pedestrian friendly.

Old 03-06-2022, 01:46 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,110,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsmiths View Post
New Orleans, Vegas, and Miami has the best nightlife in the sunbelt easily. Behind those 2, Austin and Nashville.
Houston and Dallas have way more clubs, lounges and bars citywide than Nashville and Austin mainly because of their sheer size. San Antonio as well has more lounges, clubs, bars than Nashville and on par with Austin for total establishments citywide.

The cities you did list do however have more nightlife concentrated in their downtown area.

San Antonio should be included or an honorable mention for having a vibrant nightlife in the downtown area (Street level) and along the Riverwalk and adjacent districts of Southtown, Pearl, River North, St. Paul Square, Tobin Hill( Main Ave Strip) and the St. Mary's Strip which is lined with bars, lounges, clubs and live music. Tobin Hill and the St.Marys Strip are located adjacent to DT in the Midtown area.

Last edited by SweethomeSanAntonio; 03-06-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City