Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogetta View Post
Sonoma County does touch the Bay at its very southern most point. It touches San Pablo Bay, but that is just as much a part of the Bay as any other part.
That's right! I forgot that the Sears Point area (or Infineon or whatever its called now) is right there along 37. So yeah, technically it also does qualify unarguably. Thanks!

Regardless, I've always considered Petaluma, Santa Rosa, Sonoma, Sebastopol, Russian River, Bodega Bay, etc. to be part of the Bay Area. They're all always included in our news, and Sonoma State has always been one of the Bay Area universities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 07:10 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,724,520 times
Is it true that in SanFran you gotta watch your back because gay people might try to jump on you?

Old 05-23-2010, 07:13 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Is it true that in SanFran you gotta watch your back because gay people might try to jump on you?
And this is a statement that someone would make in defense of Atlanta?

Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 AM

725 posts, read 1,511,009 times
well I'll tell ya the nightlife in Atlanta is crazy and crazy cheap and it says open way later than San Fran. You have to know where to go though. A lot of outta towners go to Downtown Atlanta thinking that that's where it's at, but not all the time. Atlanta rolled back the hours so you have to go right outside the city. But there is something for everybody just make sure you can find a scene ur into. Most people have a blast. Just on my preferences I'll go with Atlanta over San Fran.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:01 AM

517 posts, read 1,318,883 times
Quote:
Don't you know there are thousands of gays in SF who roam the streets late at night looking for young out of towners from good wholesome midwest towns to jump on when they aren't looking and turn them gay? GASP!!!! It's a real probelm here, beware of the gays, they sneak up on you real quick in their prada shoes........

ohh good lord

Last edited by kcee510; 05-24-2010 at 02:19 AM..

Old 05-24-2010, 02:40 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,103,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
This was a pretty unnecessarily hostile post.
Huh? because I pointed out a SF poster was the one who started arguing all this SF and SJ should be one MSA stuff? And I told a poster he or she is stating a opinion and this thread is subjective. Where is the hostile or the unnecessarily part?

Old 05-24-2010, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
he throws in rude remarks but most of what he is saying is actually true, is it not?
What parts do you find to be true? I don't think the thought of someone preferring SF to DC is laughable, do you? SF can't compete with LA now? That's pretty much the number one city we DO compete with, at least in certain ways. Are you also under the impression that SF doesn't come up in any conversations unless people are talking about rice-a-roni, gay people or Joe/Jerry? Or that SF's is suddenly NOT world renown, and those who think any of the rest of the world would be at all familiar with SF is delusional? I mean the first part that was quoted I could feel you on, but the rest was nothing but trashing SF and overstating everything. I'd seriously question the sanity of anyone taking such hyperbole as fact. C'mon now.

Old 05-24-2010, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Yep, absolutely. Straight males are forced to walk our streets wearing butt protectors.

Normally I don't approve of your obvious flaming attempts (no pun intended), but this one was so off the wall I was actually mildly entertained.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Actually, SF was one of the first places where gay people could be themselves without getting jumped.

Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,365,574 times
Quote:
This is why I haven't posted in this thread.

How did I know it would devolve to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City