Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 03:59 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,735,306 times

Advertisements

Kinda depends on what kind of seafood we're talking about.

1. San Francisco has the best variety
2. Baltimore has the best blue crabs and oysters
3. New Orleans has the best crawdads and shrimp
4. Boston has the best lobster and clams
5. Seattle has the best fish

Now I'm extra hungry!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 04:06 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
Hong Kong
Singapore
Tokyo
Valparaiso
Sydney...

But in the lovely United States...

Seattle - by a mile
Los Angeles
Boston
Miami
San Francisco
Neither of these cities is known for their seafood.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:12 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldojernkins View Post
Seattle
San Francisco
Los Angeles
Boston
Portland, Maine

Seafood in Florida is notoriously bad considering it's on the coast
I dunno about that.

I've had some awesome seafood in Panama City. Captain Anderson's tasted as good last summer from the first time I had it 25 years ago. A lot of the employees have been there that long too.

Old 09-07-2011, 04:18 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,494,591 times
San Francisco
New Orleans
Boston
Miami
Annapolis

Old 09-07-2011, 05:30 PM

10,745 posts, read 23,804,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post

Now I'm extra hungry!!!
I wholeheartedly agree with this one above all

Old 09-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post

Now I'm extra hungry!!!
I wholeheartedly agree with this one above all

Best and freshest fish selection I've seen anywhere though has got to be Alaska.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:42 PM

Default What about the restaurants?

Lets make this more interesting and start listing our favorite seafood restaurants.

OK, So we have seen numerous lists of where the best cities are for Seafood. Prove it. What are the best seafood restaurants that you have all been to in these cities that you've chosen? What did you have?

Best and most memorable Seafood Dinner I've had recently with a different menu and more variety than any tradtional Seafood Restaurant is The Azorean restaurant in Gloucester, MA. Nobody does seafood quite like the Portuguese/Azoreans

Azorean Restaurant and Bar - menu

my favorite meal there....

The Atlantis
A combination of our great specialties made into one dish. It includes garlic shrimp, calamari and scallops; marinated haddock topped with Molho Vilao sauce; and grilled monkfish topped with saffron port wine sauce. Served with punch potatoes or homemade fish stuffing and veggies

The codfish cakes are good too.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:03 PM

815 posts, read 1,857,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I dunno about that.

I've had some awesome seafood in Panama City. Captain Anderson's tasted as good last summer from the first time I had it 25 years ago. A lot of the employees have been there that long too.

I do not like the areas, but Panama City/Apalachicola/Destin, etc have excellent seafood, So does the Tampa Bay Area. Historic fishing towns, port cities. Being honest, I think they could go head to head with anywhere in the country quite easily, at least in terms of fresh and spectacular seafood quality, but probably not with the "chef twists" you might find in San Francisco or New York for instance. But if you want places that will literally watch them bring it off the boat (restaurants often have their own boats) and bring it from the boat to the kitchen to your plate, those would be where to go. Seafood is much better if it was swimming a few hours ago and killed alive right before cooking it.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldian View Post
Seafood is much better if it was swimming a few hours ago and killed alive right before cooking it.
LOL, sounds so barberic yet so true. I had fresh and never frozen shrimp for the first time in Alaska. It was delicious and the shrimp actually had real texture to it and wasn't mushy or chewy. Shrimp was never the same again after that experience.

Old 09-07-2011, 06:42 PM

815 posts, read 1,857,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
LOL, sounds so barberic yet so true. I had fresh and never frozen shrimp for the first time in Alaska. It was delicious and the shrimp actually had real texture to it and wasn't mushy or chewy. Shrimp was never the same again after that experience.
Yeah, I can eat frozen chicken breasts, aged steaks and stuff...Aged beef actually gets better like cheese/wine... Seafood? The complete opposite. When it comes to seafood I need it fresh or I don't bother, and willing to pay more for it than other things. I grew up literally on the beach, so I have a pretty developed taste for when seafood is good or bad. The taste to me is just too dramatic of a difference compared to chicken/beef/pork etc. After living in the midwest for awhile, I came to understand why seafood just isn't that popular there...well, it isn't that good, I wouldn't want to eat most of it either. They make up for it with steak though so... it works out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City