Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 AM

7 posts, read 16,513 times

Advertisements

Oh, didn't realize -- maybe some of the regulars knew that, LOL. I know a lot of your other posts are sarcasm as in "stay away everyone". Best of luck in getting it finished up and moving in soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 02:48 PM

805 posts, read 2,003,583 times
There is no sarcasm in "please stay away" !

Old 10-28-2014, 04:42 PM

12 posts, read 32,508 times
Default Looking for movers

It is great reading that there are several who are moving in and soon to be in their new homes at SJP. Ours is to be ready mid Dec.
Now that so much research has been done to build, the next on the list is to find movers. We are moving from PA near the DE state Line and wondered if anyone can recommend or share their moving experiences. I have looked at some national companies and also the alternative Pack Rat as we may need storage for a while. Last time we moved was 13 years ago and they were good and mid range in pricing.
Would also like to know who to stay away from if you want to private message me rather than post that would be appreciated.
Now to get the house sold!!!!

Old 10-29-2014, 05:45 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
On movers...I have used two in the past ten years and both were a bit scary with less than desirable results. Both were "economical", one from Angie's list, and both resulted in broken schedules and damaged furniture.
I won't bore you with the details, I'll just recommend a mainstream name company even if it costs a bit more. Most company's charge by weight and electronics, glass, etc require special packaging which adds to the cost.
If there are heavy items, such as boxes of books, that you can do without or move yourself, you could save money.

Old 10-30-2014, 05:49 PM

17 posts, read 40,274 times
I give Premium Moving, Inc. - Moving Company in Southport, Oak Island and GreensboroPremium Moving, Inc. five stars. I have moved domestically and internationally multiple times by big name corporate movers and this family-owned business is more efficient, careful, and cost effective. I was so impressed I tipped each guy $50!

Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 AM

23 posts, read 56,247 times
Agree . Premium Moving is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleBBack View Post
I give Premium Moving, Inc. - Moving Company in Southport, Oak Island and GreensboroPremium Moving, Inc. five stars. I have moved domestically and internationally multiple times by big name corporate movers and this family-owned business is more efficient, careful, and cost effective. I was so impressed I tipped each guy $50!

Old 11-02-2014, 12:00 PM

12 posts, read 32,508 times
Default Mover recommendations

I posted on Just Judy asking for moving company recommendations also, and received over 20 replies, 18 of which recommended Premier and many "raved" about them.
So I called and was very impressed with the personalized service and with other services they offer such as if you need furniture moved around in the house they can do that. It is family run. Driver and packers come, load the truck and deliver and unload truck.
So we are set with Premier.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,502,794 times
Assume the answer is yes but figured i would ask anyway. If someone lives up there in NJ this local mover will drive up and pack and move belongings back to Southport?? Do they have someone who comes to your house to provide a estimate? We have moved 7 times and National Moving company always had a local rep who came and took inventory to provide a quote? Was wondering how this would be done with a local family owned moving company.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG&me View Post
I posted on Just Judy asking for moving company recommendations also, and received over 20 replies, 18 of which recommended Premier and many "raved" about them.
So I called and was very impressed with the personalized service and with other services they offer such as if you need furniture moved around in the house they can do that. It is family run. Driver and packers come, load the truck and deliver and unload truck.
So we are set with Premier.

Old 11-03-2014, 04:13 PM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
Nice day in SJP today. 60+ degrees and sunny.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:08 PM

383 posts, read 891,820 times
Heading down to SJP and will be there Thursday. Can't wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina