Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 05:58 PM

93 posts, read 207,569 times

Advertisements

@ditchoc

This is the lot before construction began taken from two different Google Earth altitudes:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aarg9objua...39937.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qil46wkrih...27090.jpg?dl=0

Gatorbyter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 04:33 AM

8,377 posts, read 4,359,448 times
I see. I know you will be glad when St. James Drive goes through to Middleton. When you go out, past the marina, around the circle, my house is on the left on the corner. Construction is almost done, landscaping going in.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:47 AM

93 posts, read 207,569 times
Awesome ... ditchoc. True enough, that cut-thru construction that should begin next year (sooner the better) was what sealed the deal for that location. Being able to get to Oak Island in 5 minutes or so, will be an incredible improvement over the current situation.

Gatorbyter

Old 11-08-2014, 10:45 AM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorbyter View Post
Yes ... catch and release only though. And residents with a fresh-water license and a SJP fishing permit can fish the ponds from properties that are not developed and not on the golf-course.

http://www.stjamespoanc.org/default.asp?page=Ponds

I can remember many a summer's day when I was a wee-lad fishing the numerous ponds on the local golf courses in Northern Virginia and combing the shallows for errant golf balls. I also remember selling those golf balls back to the golfers. It was actually decent income for a kid.

Gatorbyter
gorgeous home, Gatorbyter! Just be careful fishing with the alligators around!!! Saw some on our lot in ORP during the Parade of Homes Tour. !!! Don't get too close to the water!!

Old 11-09-2014, 04:49 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Hi Ditchoc,

I am down at SJP and was riding around the marina. Are you the Barker and Canady house that is almost complete. We are having a great time and enjoying the people and the neighborhood.

Pony

Old 11-10-2014, 03:10 AM

Hi Pony

No, Southern Comfort is building our home. The house is at the corner of St James and Gauntlet. I'll be down today looking it over and visiting utility company's in preparation to taking possession this Friday.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Ditchoc,

Very cool. If we have a chance in our travels today we will swing bye. Taking possession Friday is wonderful. Best of Luck.

Regards,

Pony

Old 11-10-2014, 02:56 PM

Hi Ditchoc,

Drove by your house this afternoon. Very nice place. I see the sod out there waiting to be installed and it looks great. You have such a nice lot. Best of luck with your closing on Friday. Look forward to meeting you on the plantation.

Regards,

Pony

Old 11-10-2014, 04:31 PM

Thanks Pony

Think we left to head back to Morehead just before the sod got there. Once its installed, it will make a big difference in the appearance.

Stop by any time and say Hi!

Ditch

Old 11-12-2014, 06:07 PM

12 posts, read 32,508 times
Beautiful home Gatorbyter. I have also enjoyed following the building of your new home. Not sure if you posted but what neighborhood are you in?
Our closing date was moved up to 12/12 which I think is close to yours. If so and you close that day we should meet up for adult beverages and celebrate.
Noticed you have the ease breazy (sp) enclosure, we are doing our research and that is at the top of our list.
The view you have in back with the water and privacy is so peaceful but I don't see your resident gator anywhere. Camera shy??
MG&me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina