Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2023, 01:19 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,559,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I clearly stated that earlier, but you apparently read post contents selectively.
I wasn't talking to you. I made a general comment in regards to the poster I quoted.

If he was referring to you, I'm sorry....I was not. He did not specify a poster (it was actually very generic ..."Texas fans" which could be thousands of people and include more than just this forum) so there was no way I could know who he was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 02:59 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,673,847 times
Quote:
Maybe in that one case.
Evidently you missed what I said about poor coaching and poor play on Texas part.
All of those contributed to the loss, including Ewers’ turnovers.
With the non calls, the turnovers, and the other faults mentioned, it took an uncharacteristic breakdown in the UT defense to allow OU to execute an amazing one minute drive to score to eak out the deserved win.
OU brought their A game, Texas showed up with its C game.
We’ll see who does what if there is a rematch in December.

But you know OU gets a pass with more non calls than Texas does, particularly on holding. The Sooners have had that down to a fine art for decades.
I wish Texas had done the same.
Dude, this is funny stuff. So over the two decades none of the multiple crews of refs have been able to decipher OU's "holding" techniques?

As far as the OU "A" game/Texas "C" game...

It has gotten so bad with this that OU "experts" are now spending a lot of time pointing out OU's mistakes in the game rather than gloating about the victory. I'll admit that there was some over the top gloating for the first day or so until Texas people started making these claims about how "great" OU played.

And to illustrate how crazy it has become. OU fans have started doing zoom in's of the AAS shot of Worthy on the goal line to prove there wasn't a face mask... looks like a handful of jersey in his last three fingers with index finger and thumb extended and free (by the OU guy Bowman). OU fans have blown up shots of all your "holding" calls as well. LOL.

This game deserves a rematch.

https://imgur.com/fj9jVKA

Old 10-14-2023, 07:05 AM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Texas only has one loss, still definitely in the hunt for the CFP. Just take care of business.

Old 12-02-2023, 07:33 PM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
The Texas Longhorns are winners of the Big 12 championship in this, their final year in the conference. They poured it on against Oklahoma State today in Arlington, 49-21. Now, they wait to see what bowl awaits them.

Old 12-02-2023, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
The Texas Longhorns are winners of the Big 12 championship in this, their final year in the conference. They poured it on against Oklahoma State today in Arlington, 49-21. Now, they wait to see what bowl awaits them.
Kind of up and down after the OU game but managed to win all the games. Then really got rolling at the end when Ewers got back. Would be a great team to watch take on the playoff group. Too many deserving teams this year. I'm going to hate to see somebody get left out who deserves to be in the playoff.

Texas is bedeviled by the old "head to head win" vs. "losing later in the season" dilemma concerning Bama.

But both teams should be in over FSU due to the QB injury there.

Last edited by Lizap; 12-03-2023 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: Edited by mistake

Old 12-03-2023, 05:55 AM

6,071 posts, read 9,095,810 times
Congratulations Texas. First time we’ve seen Texas life up to its potential in a long time.

This will be the most chaotic CFP decision to date. I don’t see how the committee could leave you all out, but at the same time it’s crowded at the top.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:33 AM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
I don’t see Texas getting in over Bama in spite of the Horns dominating H2H double digit win in Tuscaloosa.
The committee just won’t allow it for the “upstart” Longhorns.
They have their predetermined favorites.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:18 AM

3,429 posts, read 1,559,759 times
#3! And the best matchup in my opinion of the teams in the playoffs.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:09 AM

Quote:
I don’t see Texas getting in over Bama in spite of the Horns dominating H2H double digit win in Tuscaloosa.
The committee just won’t allow it for the “upstart” Longhorns.
They have their predetermined favorites.
Isn't it nice to be wrong.

I was pretty convinced they weren't going to put FSU in there because of the QB thing. And I was pretty convinced the committee wouldn't put two SEC's in there if they wanted to get out of Grapevine, TEXAS alive.

So I figured Texas was safely in. And deservedly so.

Glad the Georgia streak is over and that they didn't win three in a row.

Old 12-03-2023, 11:12 AM

1,979 posts, read 968,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Isn't it nice to be wrong.

I was pretty convinced they weren't going to put FSU in there because of the QB thing. And I was pretty convinced the committee wouldn't put two SEC's in there if they wanted to get out of Grapevine, TEXAS alive.

So I figured Texas was safely in. And deservedly so.

Glad the Georgia streak is over and that they didn't win three in a row.
The Minnesota Golden Gophers uncorked champagne from heaven yesterday as they were the last to win three national titles in a row.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football