Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2010, 10:19 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
We'll see how Nebraska does when they start conference play against a surprising Kansas State team. Kansas State will have plenty on the line -- who knows, that might end up being the game that decides the B12 north champion...

I don't think they will score on our D like they have been doing against the likes of Western Kentucky, Idaho, or even Washington... But, at the same time we will NOT win if we turn the ball over like we did against Tech. It could end up being a defensive struggle, but our offense could blow the game for us if they can't protect the ball. Still, I like our chances.
That's what I'm worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,126,253 times
What will UCLA throw out this Saturday? I think Texas will have to look out for the "unexpected". If Im Coach Rick of UCLA Ima try and beat ya with some trick plays on 3rd or 4th and short early in the game to stay in it. Hopefully on the Texas side of the ball the O-line is up to par to let one of the back break for a 100yd game. Does anyone know the status of Marquis Goodwin and Whittiker? They looked a lil ginger in the Tech game at times. Any injuries to speak of?

Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,875,751 times
I don't know the injury situation, but I think Chiles is back, which is a good thing.

UCLA's is implementing a new offense, just like Texas. The "Pistol". It's widely regarded as a bad idea to use that sort of offense against a defense like Texas (probably why Vegas has Texas by 2 TDs+). So we'll see what happens. D should look good.

There is rain in the forecast for Austin on Saturday. Right now, they are saying it might hit later in the day (game starts at 2:30)... however, unlike the rain we're receiving now, this rain will be ahead of a cold front. So it could be windy and stormy for brief periods. Usually not great for a passing offense, but our running offense (if it starts to work) should be fine. As long as they have the right shoes; we're on turf now and that's a different kind of slippery.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is the game we'll finally break 40 points. 14 or so by the defense, running game will work a little better this time. Score prediction: 42-10

Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,041 times
I'm pumped for this game! Bring it on UCLA!

Old 09-23-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'm pumped for this game! Bring it on UCLA!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:10 PM

Dont know the final score but i say, like Vegas Texas SHOULD win by 14 points

Old 09-24-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
Dont know the final score but i say, like Vegas Texas SHOULD win by 14 points
I'm looking beyond this game. Not worried about it at all. I just want to beat Nebraska really badly! LOL!

Old 09-24-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I'm looking beyond this game. Not worried about it at all. I just want to beat Nebraska really badly! LOL!
You never look past a team. When that happends you get beat and the season loooks a lil less bright. But one thing that disturbs me is the lack of offense. I know its not A+ but come to find out its more like C-.

70 in passing 65th in RUSHING!!! 49th point for Texas 9th points givin Total offense rank 62nd!!

I really REALLY hope the work that ground game all first half. Cause a running teams need be averaging at least 200 yrs a game. At 156 jus is not gonna stop the critics askin where is that supposed rushing gamel.

HOOK EM \m/

Old 09-24-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastFerrari View Post
You never look past a team. When that happends you get beat and the season loooks a lil less bright. But one thing that disturbs me is the lack of offense. I know its not A+ but come to find out its more like C-.

70 in passing 65th in RUSHING!!! 49th point for Texas 9th points givin Total offense rank 62nd!!

I really REALLY hope the work that ground game all first half. Cause a running teams need be averaging at least 200 yrs a game. At 156 jus is not gonna stop the critics askin where is that supposed rushing gamel.

HOOK EM \m/
I'm saying that I'm not worried about the UCLA game. I'm worried about what I'm reading on Nebraska.

I agree with everything you said here. We do have a C- on the offense, but our defense is rated as No. 2. We could win with a good defense, but I'd like to take some pressure off them. I would like to depend a little more on offense. Maybe we will work that out this weekend. Hope the rain holds out or doesn't interfere with our passing game.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:59 AM

Getting close to game time!!! I think they will do well. I'm such a sore loser, so I'm going for a win!!!

HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football