Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times

Advertisements

I 'druther take Louisville. At least they'll bring some good basketball with them.

WV? No way...that fan base is worse than Arkansas....according to what the SEC guys claim.

SMU? no.
Houston? hell no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2011, 01:26 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I'd like to see them add SMU or Houston

But my money is on them adding Louisville or West Virginia

However, I feel SMU would be the best fit both academically, historically, and regionally... And their football team has been improving under Jones coaching... It would also be cool to see TCU and SMU in the same conference again. But I am biased because I live in the DFW area-- and I secretly just want to see my horns play here more often...
>>>>>
<<<<<

I would be shocked.....perhaps (and that is a BIG maybe) Houston with its potential to grow with some on-the-field success. I think SMU is forever relegated to mid-major status.

I cared about the Ags, but Mizzou? No. MizzWho blows....let 'em go. This conference in its original form has gone to pot anyway. The Big 12 should do whatever it can to get Louisville, West Virginy, and Cincinnati. I think Houston and possibly BYU (again) will only get a look if one of these three won't come. These three schools fit together well like Iowa State/Kansas/Kansas State. I still wish they would do away with the North/South and go to a East/West and balance out the divisions.

I'm hoping OU/OSU can get there way and go to 12. Our conference needs 12 with a conference championship to stay relevant with the other conferences.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 10-18-2011 at 01:41 PM..

Old 10-18-2011, 01:45 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
>>>>>
<<<<<

I would be shocked.....perhaps (and that is a BIG maybe) Houston with its potential to grow with some on-the-field success. I think SMU is forever relegated to mid-major status.

I cared about the Ags, but Mizzou? No. MizzWho blows....let 'em go. This conference in its original form has gone to pot anyway. The Big 12 should do whatever it can to get Lousiville, West Virginy, and Cincinnati. I think Houston and possibly BYU (again) will only get a look if one of these three won't come. These three schools fit together well like Iowa State/Kansas/Kansas State. I still wish they would do away with the North/South and go to a East/West and balance out the divisions.

I'm hoping OU/OSU can get there way and go to 12. Our conference needs 12 with a conference championship to stay relevant with the other conferences.
Yeah, I'm getting tired of Mizzou too. It's clear that they don't want to be in the conference so I hope they leave at this point. I would have no problem with the Big 12 adding Louisville, W. Virginia, and Cincinatti. I would put all three of them in the same division. Houston might also work if one of those three didn't accept.

It could look something like this:

West:

OU
Ok State
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

East:

Kansas State
Kansas
Louisville
W. Virginia
Cincinatti
Iowa State

Old 10-18-2011, 01:52 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, I'm getting tired of Mizzou too. It's clear that they don't want to be in the conference so I hope they leave at this point. I would have no problem with the Big 12 adding Louisville, W. Virginia, and Cincinatti. I would put all three of them in the same division. Houston might also work if one of those three didn't accept.

It could look something like this:

West:

OU
Ok State
Texas
Texas Tech
Baylor
TCU

East:

Kansas State
Kansas
Louisville
W. Virginia
Cincinatti
Iowa State
Yeah, screw Mizzou, who needs them...
That looks pretty good, but I think the "West" may be too powerful...

Old 10-18-2011, 02:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,032,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Yeah, screw Mizzou, who needs them...
That looks pretty good, but I think the "West" may be too powerful...
Yeah, I thougt it would be better to keep the Texas teams together but the "West" would definitely be tough...lol. I suppose they could put TCU or Baylor in the "East" and put Iowa State in the "West" to balance it a little more.

Old 10-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, I thougt it would be better to keep the Texas teams together but the "West" would definitely be tough...lol. I suppose they could put TCU or Baylor in the "East" and put Iowa State in the "West" to balance it a little more.
Yep....the Oklahoma schools and at least one of the Texas schools has to be separated for balance:

Big 12 East
Cincinnati
Kansas
Louisville
Oklahoma State
Texas Christian
West Virginia

Big 12 West
Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech

Doesn't totally add up geographically. Instead of going with the geographic name just use Division 1 and Division 2 perhaps?

Old 10-18-2011, 06:11 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
Yep....the Oklahoma schools and at least one of the Texas schools has to be separated for balance:

Big 12 East
Cincinnati
Kansas
Louisville
Oklahoma State
Texas Christian
West Virginia

Big 12 West
Baylor
Iowa State
Kansas State
Oklahoma
Texas
Texas Tech

Doesn't totally add up geographically. Instead of going with the geographic name just use Division 1 and Division 2 perhaps?
This looks good, if they do split up divisions I hope it is like this (more balanced than the current North and South)

Old 10-18-2011, 06:34 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,189,580 times
I would think they would do like the B1G Ten does have have protected cross over games. No way Oklahoma politicians would enjoy seeing their two schools not playing every year.

Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
I would think they would do like the B1G Ten does have have protected cross over games. No way Oklahoma politicians would enjoy seeing their two schools not playing every year.
I'm sure they can find a way to work it in there....just mandate a Bedlam game every year even across the divisions. It actually would give Oklahoma State a chance to be more dominate in a different division from Oklahoma/Tech/Tejas.

Seeing that the geography cannot add up totally to keep balanced divisions, should the Big 12 try to come up with some other monikers for the divisions? Surely the Big 12 Brass could figure out something better than the Big 10's Leaders/Legends division titles.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:02 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
U of H has been invited to join the Big East.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football