Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2013, 07:06 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,049 times

Advertisements

Time for him to go. He admits he doesn't know how to stop the turnovers, and that's his job. When one unit steps up, another takes the day off. I'm watching a cluster**** in motion, and I can't stand it anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 09:53 PM

1,672 posts, read 2,880,525 times
As an outside observer I think Pelini should be given at least one more year. Its not like he went 6-5 and is dead last in the division. Three years in a new conference should be enough to judge where the program is going. Besides who could Nebraska hire that would have a better record in the same length of time? Yeah blowing a 28-0 lead vs UCLA, losing to Minnesota is bad no matter how you slice it but at least you guys were in the Big Ten title game last year.

Old 11-30-2013, 05:27 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,658 times
At first, I was excited to see Nebraska joining the Big Ten because of their recruiting and great football history, but Nebraska has fallen flat since joining. I did not see this coming. The Big Ten needs the old Nebraska.

Old 11-30-2013, 07:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,780,723 times
They have to fire him now after that postgame press conference. You just cant talk like that. Too disrespectful to the program and it demoralizes the players.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:43 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,883 times
After seeing the post game presser, I agree with Tourian that Pelini needs to go. That is no way for a head coach to act. At 3 million per year, you need to be accountable and act like a professional.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:13 AM

3,804 posts, read 9,325,283 times
Why on Earth would they fire him? That would be reactionary and stupid. They were playing for their 9th win, for the FIFTH year in a row, with their THIRD quarterback. The team has shown tremendous resolve, with comeback win after comeback win. What do you idiots want, a championship or a new coach every few years??

I grew up in Elkhorn, NE, from 1969 - 1980, and have followed the team my entire life, so don't start with me.

Idiots wanted Osborne gone, too. Short-sighted idiots.

Bo is exhibiting the very characteristics that endeared him to the fanbase at the beginning. I want my coach to take zero **** from referees.

And the fact that he called out both the refs and the chicken**** media makes me so happy. A new coach is not the answer.
Husker fans tend to forget that: a) It's not the 90s, b) There is no longer a walk-on program, c) The school is not Coastal, and most of all, d) There is ZERO hot ass in Lincoln. Times have changed.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:05 AM

99 posts, read 128,835 times
Pelini is just plainly not likeable. Fans would give him a break and more time, if he wasn't such a jerk. As a UNL grad, I can't stomach him as an ambassador to the University. Time for me to stop paying the Alumni fees, until the Pelini era ends.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Why on Earth would they fire him? That would be reactionary and stupid. They were playing for their 9th win, for the FIFTH year in a row, with their THIRD quarterback. The team has shown tremendous resolve, with comeback win after comeback win. What do you idiots want, a championship or a new coach every few years??

I grew up in Elkhorn, NE, from 1969 - 1980, and have followed the team my entire life, so don't start with me.

Idiots wanted Osborne gone, too. Short-sighted idiots.

Bo is exhibiting the very characteristics that endeared him to the fanbase at the beginning. I want my coach to take zero **** from referees.

And the fact that he called out both the refs and the chicken**** media makes me so happy. A new coach is not the answer.
Husker fans tend to forget that: a) It's not the 90s, b) There is no longer a walk-on program, c) The school is not Coastal, and most of all, d) There is ZERO hot ass in Lincoln. Times have changed.
It has nothing to do with the 90's or a championship. It has everything to do with acting like a professional and improving the team. He has done neither.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:24 AM

Both the Big Ten and CBS sports are projecting Nebraska for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl against Kansas State on 12/28. This is an uninspiring game. I was really hoping for an Oklahoma or Texas matchup. What do you guys think?

Old 12-08-2013, 02:57 PM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
Both the Big Ten and CBS sports are projecting Nebraska for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl against Kansas State on 12/28. This is an uninspiring game. I was really hoping for an Oklahoma or Texas matchup. What do you guys think?
Agreed. Very Uninspiring. I'll be watching though. They will have to do better if they want a better bowl matchup. I hope they can find a better QB prospect. TA isnt the best passer or very mobile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football