Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 09:35 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,049 times

Advertisements

Fire Pelini. I'm there now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2012, 09:40 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,865,369 times
70-24 with 5 minutes left. I am just floored by this score.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Much like the fanbases, the Nebraska defense did not make the trip to Indianapolis.

Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Fire Pelini. I'm there now.
I think the game last night was one of those situations where the coaching staff underrated and under prepared for a five loss Wisconsin team. This is a Wisconsin team that was better than its record and a Nebraska team that wasn't as good as its record. The Huskers could have easily been a 4 or 5 loss team and the Badgers could have been 1 or 2 loss team.

While I definitely think Pelini is responsible for most of the blame for this game, I don't think firing him is the right decision. Don't get me wrong, the team shouldn't be losing in this manner on a yearly basis and that comes down to the coaching. But at the end of the day, this coach helped Nebraska recover from some pretty bad years under Callahan. He may not be the coach that gets us to the next level but we'll never know unless we stay the course. For now, I am happy with 10 win seasons and I am willing to give him a couple more years. I think he's earned it. At that point, his assistant coaches will have more experience under their belt. If he can't get this team over the hump by then, maybe you can turn the reigns over to someone like Tim Beck, Scott Frost, or an even bigger name coach.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:35 PM

Teams like Nebraska who are big-name teams playing in BCS conferences and contending for conference titles shouldn't be giving up 60 points whenever they play a big game away from home. Not just losing...but total defensive ineptitude. The offense has gotten better but is still far too mistake-prone with fumbles and penalties. They can't continue to dig themselves holes and climb out of them. The defense has gone backwards each year since 2009. They especially have trouble on third down, constantly giving up big plays to let opponents keep drives going. And they can't stop much of anything against good teams on the road.
It may be premature, and may have been partly the beer talking when I said that last night, but these are issues a team like Nebraska shouldn't be having. It didn't take Will Muschamp 5 years to turn Florida back into a contender, it didn't take Brian Kelly 5 years with Notre Dame, and it didn't take Urban Meyer 5 years with Ohio State.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:53 AM

I've given this a lot of thought (for whatever that's worth) but I think NU makes this a relatively close game. If they don't implode that the beginning of the game, I think they're still in the game by halftime. Obviously, I'm not predicting that the Huskers will win but I think they will rebound from the Badgers game in a big way. I'm calling it a Georgia win by 10 points. I even think they have an outside chance to pull the upset but they need to avoid turnovers and get on a roll. Georgia can be slowed down and they've had some less than impressive wins against some not-so-good teams. That's being optimistic, I know, but if nothing else, I want a reason to watch the entire game.

Go Big Red!

Old 01-01-2013, 11:10 AM

I tend to agree with that assessment.

GO BIG RED

Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM

I think they may have finally outdone themselves on third down ineptitude. Seriously they shouldn't even put a defense on the field on third down.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:47 PM

Man, that was heartbreaking. Nebraska seemed to have them on the ropes in the first half and even early in the second. After that, they let it slip away. I'm still up in the air on how good of a coach Pelini really is. But I am glad that the Huksers kept it relatively close and didn't get blown out.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM

3,645 posts, read 7,153,717 times
I went to the game yesterday as a neutral ,with 5 friends from England. it was an exciting game, Nebraska couldnt match Georgias passing game bit the Huskers no huddle offense had Georgia in real trouble. a couple of times they lined up with no one covering a reciever. up until the 4th Neb was definitely in it. unfortunately once they dropped 2 scores behind they just couldnt catch up.

great spectacle and great to see a good atmosphere between the two sets of fans. crowd of 59000 with a majority (not suprisingly) from Georgia....we were sat in the middle of the Ga fans but the Nebraska contingent made much more noise....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football