Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,883 times

Advertisements

The game against Iowa was a nice win and a good way to end the regular season. All-in-all, I am willing to say the season was a success. The only game that I'm disappointed by is Northwestern and I am hoping they learn a lesson from that game. You can't overlook any team in the Big 10 especially those guys. It's too bad we fell short in the division but Michigan State is a good team.

Is there anybody in particular you guys want to see Huskers play in the bowl game which is likely to be the Outback or Gator?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,190,309 times
I am feeling very uninterested in CCG this year, I was getting used to owning the Big 12 North .

Old 12-22-2011, 01:28 PM

This thread has been dormant for a while. No excitement over the game against South Carolina? I can't say that I'm overly optimistic that the Huskers will win the game but I do think the 2.5 point spread is about right. We'll see how the "D" does now that Carl has left for FAU. I'm also excited to see an opponent that NU hasn't played in 25 years. Here's to hoping we can go 4-0 all-time against SC. Go Big Red!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:26 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,049 times
**** I hadn't heard about Carl leaving. That sucks. If Papuchis can get the defense prepared and come out like they did against Michigan State and Iowa, I think Nebraska wins. If we see the other defense, South Carolina runs away with it.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:46 AM

I wonder how much impact the loss of Carl will have on the team. It's too bad he didn't at least stick around for this game. I'm not sure about the promotion of Papuchis to D Coordinator. It seems that they had some options if they wanted to go outside the program but I guess that just isn't Bo's style. Ultimately, Beck and Papuchis will determine his fate long term.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:52 AM

Gameday!!

This game should be a fun one. I expect Beck has a few wrinkles for the offense that we haven't seen yet. Hopefully the defense can put a good one together. USC's offense isn't earth shattering by any means.

GBR!!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjacobm View Post
Gameday!!

This game should be a fun one. I expect Beck has a few wrinkles for the offense that we haven't seen yet. Hopefully the defense can put a good one together. USC's offense isn't earth shattering by any means.

GBR!!
What a stinker! It started off so promising but the team looked lost after the hail mary to end the first half. Add to that the ejection of Dennard and I don't think the will to win was there. I think that goes back to coaching. I'm sure that Bo is safe for the time being but you have to wonder if the program is moving forward. It doesn't look like it to me. What do you think Jacob?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
What a stinker! It started off so promising but the team looked lost after the hail mary to end the first half. Add to that the ejection of Dennard and I don't think the will to win was there. I think that goes back to coaching. I'm sure that Bo is safe for the time being but you have to wonder if the program is moving forward. It doesn't look like it to me. What do you think Jacob?
What happened?

This was not the game I expected especially after the first quarter. Bo is a good coach, but he needs to control the teams emotions better. The penalties the stupidity the turnovers...at a certain point yelling at the refs wont do anything.

This was a bad one and should of ended much differently than it did. I think next season is a very important one for Pelini, if we don't look like an improved team he could be looking at the door before too long, which I hope isn't the case.

When does baseball season start?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:29 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,049 times
I have noticed that all season that they don't seem motivated, except for Lavonte David. Several times they start a game off well only to seem to relax and then get blown out (Wisconsin, Michigan, South Carolina). Killing themselves with like 40 consecutive false start penalties didn't help either.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,184,310 times
Bo looks and acts like a child himself. How can his players do otherwise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football