Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 08:46 PM

400 posts, read 950,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
Braxton Miller looks like he could turn out to be a Cam Newton-like quarterback. The fumble and his subsequent injury are what turned the game, but at the same time, the Nebraska offense started executing, which had nothing to do with Braxton Miller. I really didn't notice much of a difference in offensive playcalling in the second half, so I am not sure why we were able to have so much more success (not complaining). That is the way the season has gone so far though...Fresno, Washington, Wyoming...all these games the offense looked much better in the second half.

Defense...I don't know what to say about the defense. Third downs in particular are bad. If you give up a first down nearly every time ther other team faces 3rd down, you don't get very many stops. In fact you get 0. Wish Suh would have thrown on a uniform while he was there.
Really? We went from throwing the ball(which TM can't do) to running the ball which Martinez and Burkhead do really well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 10:33 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,258 times
They called plenty of runs in the first half, but there was no execution. Likewise, there was a good number of pass plays in the second half that were executed great (Quincy Enumwa anyone?). It was the attitude change that did it. Lavonte David was the only one playing in the first half, and after he balljacked Braxton Miller the rest of the team finally got into it.

Old 10-15-2011, 08:52 AM

1,224 posts, read 2,190,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg13 View Post
They called plenty of runs in the first half, but there was no execution. Likewise, there was a good number of pass plays in the second half that were executed great (Quincy Enumwa anyone?). It was the attitude change that did it. Lavonte David was the only one playing in the first half, and after he balljacked Braxton Miller the rest of the team finally got into it.
There were two guys WIDE open on that play. Aaron Green was streaking down the sideline with no one remotely close to guarding him. That was an awesome play call.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:25 PM

Does Nebraska cover the 24 point spread at Minnesota this week? I think they could come out looking to make a statement(even if it is against a terrible Gopher squad.)

52-17.

Old 10-18-2011, 11:28 AM

852 posts, read 1,357,990 times
I think so. I'll say 48-13. We may even get to see a little Brion Carnes in this game.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:13 PM

Nice win. No one got hurt and the D-Line got some nice reps.

Big one next weekend.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Fortunately we play the Spartans at home next weekend. I'm still not very optimistic considering the way they played Wisconsin. It will be an exciting race down to the wire in the Legends division!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:37 PM

977 posts, read 1,957,258 times
Blackshirts looked great today, and it's about time. If they can play that level of defense the rest of the season, they can win the division and maybe the conference.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:01 PM

The Blackshirts played a fantastic game today as did Rex. After watching him grind it out, I am now convinced that he is the most underrated RB in the country. Both will need to keep it up and Martinez needs to do just enough to keep teams honest to win out. That's likely what they'll need to do to win the division. since Michigan State has a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way.

Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Hell of a game. Way to go Huskers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football