Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 07:25 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times

Advertisements

That's crazy. Traffic was bad between the Springs and Denver even in the 70s yet almost nothing has been done about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 07:27 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHS79 View Post
Just saw it was backed-up again today due to a roll over near Larkspur at 6:30a- an on-going issue it seems.
There seems to always be accidents it feels like a risk hitting that road.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:55 AM

1,013 posts, read 978,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's crazy. Traffic was bad between the Springs and Denver even in the 70s yet almost nothing has been done about it.
And now that something is being done, people just complain about it. Lol

Old 08-22-2018, 09:34 AM

11,474 posts, read 11,569,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
https://www.csindy.com/TheWire/archi...-the-expansion

"Most Colorado Springs drivers would agree: The most frustrating, anxiety-inducing section of any commute along the Interstate 25 corridor is the 18-mile "gap" between Monument and Castle Rock, where a quick 30-minute trip to the outlet mall can turn into a two-hour ordeal.

After voters approved two ballot measures that allotted money to widen that notorious portion of the highway, and the Colorado Department of Transportation gave the final go-ahead in June, construction is almost ready to begin to add new lanes in each direction.

In spite of protests from county commissioners and constituents, CDOT has decided those lanes will be toll lanes. (That's in part because a $65-million federal grant to help with construction stipulates that's necessary.) However, CDOT proclaims in an Aug. 15 statement that those tolls will be the lowest in the state — $0.15 per mile, or around $2.25 for a total trip."

"Motorcycles and vehicles carrying three or more people will be able to use the lanes for free"

Work starts near Castle Rock in September.
People act like the tolls are mandatory. They’re not. Just don’t drive in the toll lanes. The people who choose to pay are doing you a favor by taking their cars out of the regular traffic lanes.

I am assuming that HOV vehicles and motorcycles will need to get a switchable transponder to actually use the lane for free.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:43 PM

7,190 posts, read 9,329,700 times
When that stretch is stopped for a wreck I take 105 from Sedalia to Monument to bypass I-25. It's usually an easy scenic drive without too much traffic.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:23 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
... Traffic was bad between the Springs and Denver even in the 70s yet almost nothing has been done about it.
Well, what can any of us expect to happen to highway capacity and modernization since 1992 when TABOR was inflicted on the state. Under TABOR all hope was lost that state leaders could do the job they are elected to do, viz, provide a proper level of government facilities and services to meet the needs of citizens and to raise revenues as needed to fulfill those requirements.

Voters got suckered by a tax-hating crank; they followed him off a cliff, they got what they voted for with TABOR, i.e., way too damned little. TABOR is mob rule by another name, and with TABOR they lynched good government.

You're in San Diego, I take it that you were here at one time and left. I was in COLO SPGS for 11 years and left two years ago for AZ where I have far more and better roads in every way. As a retiree my money is good just about anywhere, so I voted to leave the comic book government of COLO SPGS and go to some place with adult leadership.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:54 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,943,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Well, what can any of us expect to happen to highway capacity and modernization since 1992 when TABOR was inflicted on the state. Under TABOR all hope was lost that state leaders could do the job they are elected to do, viz, provide a proper level of government facilities and services to meet the needs of citizens and to raise revenues as needed to fulfill those requirements.

Voters got suckered by a tax-hating crank; they followed him off a cliff, they got what they voted for with TABOR, i.e., way too damned little. TABOR is mob rule by another name, and with TABOR they lynched good government.

You're in San Diego, I take it that you were here at one time and left. I was in COLO SPGS for 11 years and left two years ago for AZ where I have far more and better roads in every way. As a retiree my money is good just about anywhere, so I voted to leave the comic book government of COLO SPGS and go to some place with adult leadership.
Not to worry Mike I plan to found a new vanguard political party and seize the reigns of power in the Springs.

Old 08-22-2018, 02:21 PM

26,221 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Not to worry Mike I plan to found a new vanguard political party and seize the reigns of power in the Springs.
I'll commit massive acts of voter fraud and get you elected.....

s/Mike
Vote Early
Vote Often
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-31-2018, 05:02 AM

7,190 posts, read 9,329,700 times
Well what do you know, they've actually started the project. Just three more years to wait!

https://gazette.com/news/groundbreak...d3b941b07.html

"The project, slated for completion in late 2021 or early 2022, will add a pair of toll lanes to the highway, widening it from two to three lanes in each direction. The $350 million project is being paid for by a federal grant, state funding, and appropriations from El Paso and Douglas counties and the Pikes Peak Rural Transportation Authority."

Old 08-31-2018, 09:57 AM

178 posts, read 173,445 times
Three more years to wait until we have toll lanes I will never use! Guess I will be avoiding I-25 for a looong time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs