Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2021, 09:43 AM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times

Advertisements

I just saw a heartbreaking thread on Facebook about people's pets that they were not able to rescue, some were out of town, some not able to get back in because they were just away from home at the time. Please, anyone even remotely in the area, be on the lookout for domestic animals that may have fled the fires. Many of them are microchipped, so hopefully can be reunited with families if they were able to get out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2021, 10:41 AM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Though paid a king's ransom for his stalwart effort against rot and corruption, some of y'all still need to cut your lowly Colorado moderator some slack.

I keep all the fire season info in one thread since we cannot have more than a few "sticky" threads and precisely so everyone knows where to go for the latest fire info, i.e., one stop shopping is the idea, and if Martha Stewart were here she'd tell us "it's a good thing."

My best to all for a safe, sane and happy New Year's Eve and a better year ahead for us all.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:53 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Thank you for your work.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:56 AM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
So far, no human casualties. Given all that happened, that's amazing.

Old 12-31-2021, 10:57 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Though paid a king's ransom for his stalwart effort against rot and corruption, some of y'all still need to cut your lowly Colorado moderator some slack.

I keep all the fire season info in one thread since we cannot have more than a few "sticky" threads and precisely so everyone knows where to go for the latest fire info, i.e., one stop shopping is the idea, and if Martha Stewart were here she'd tell us "it's a good thing."

My best to all for a safe, sane and happy New Year's Eve and a better year ahead for us all.
We're sure ending this year's Official Thread for 2021 Colorado Fire Season
with a bang.

Tragic, there will be no downtime before you need to start the Official Thread for 2022 Colorado Fire Season. What a way to celebrate the New Year. Hoping everyone stays safe.

Old 12-31-2021, 01:11 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I just saw a heartbreaking thread on Facebook about people's pets that they were not able to rescue, some were out of town, some not able to get back in because they were just away from home at the time. Please, anyone even remotely in the area, be on the lookout for domestic animals that may have fled the fires. Many of them are microchipped, so hopefully can be reunited with families if they were able to get out.
Yes. This is so beyond horrible. My heart is breaking. I couldn't imagine what I would do in that situation

Old 12-31-2021, 01:29 PM

20,392 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes. This is so beyond horrible. My heart is breaking. I couldn't imagine what I would do in that situation
I have some basic things in place to aid with survival and emergency preparedness, but frankly I can't think too hard about it. Filed under "things that will keep me up at night"...I've deprived myself of sleep trying to imagine what I'd do if the place was on fire, I have a cat and 100% he will hide if he's scared.

That was another issue that some residents faced, they had cats that they just could not find in time, so they left doors open hoping that their beloved pets would escape. It was all that they could do, with the flames bearing down and police demanding that they leave NOW.

It would devastate me, but sometimes you just have no choice.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:17 PM

1,227 posts, read 1,281,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Yes, you're right. Looking at that now. Other than the Target, looks like the other structures... Costco, Whole Foods weren't affected (obvious damage anyway). Davidson Mesa... on the other hand... holy cow.

Pretty crazy stuff.
The Element hotel in Superior also burned completely. Kind of a "twist the knife" situation, because there is now one less hotel for all the displaced people to use as they get their lives back together.

NB: It took me forever to find this thread. The decision to lump this in with all CO fires over an entire year completely misses the severe scope of this particular fire.

Old 12-31-2021, 04:22 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,135,479 times
Snow is falling, yay!

Old 12-31-2021, 04:28 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
It is coming down in Mesa County. Five inches at my house on top of the five inches we got on Wednesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado