Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 05:48 PM

1,406 posts, read 1,855,250 times

Advertisements

Miles To Go is going in old Woodstone location
Still hearing some info on Cook Out going in mall parking lot
Circle K is planning to tear down a re-build their Manchester/2nd Avenue location to be ~double the size
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 06:07 PM

463 posts, read 520,275 times
Anyone here know anything about BJs? I know they had gone through the bidding process and I thought had even gotten a contractor hired but nothing has been said and definitely no construction has begun.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:20 AM

97 posts, read 110,832 times
Target's fresh groceries department is a good idea but in already densely packed older format stores from the 1990s early 2000s It would mean you would lose a certain underperforming department in your store. Some stores typically lose the electronics department.

Old 09-06-2018, 12:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 881,948 times
I wouldn't look for the Columbus store to lose its electronics department, or to lose any department. The new Starbucks is going to have a far smaller footprint than the old concessions area which was pretty big and always mostly empty.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:16 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,165,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj1994 View Post
Target's fresh groceries department is a good idea but in already densely packed older format stores from the 1990s early 2000s It would mean you would lose a certain underperforming department in your store. Some stores typically lose the electronics department.
This is why they need to build a second location on Macon Road.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:45 PM

Columbus simply isn't big enough for two standard size Target stores. A second store isn't going to happen unless the population explodes, median incomes increase by about 25%, or one of those corner-market Targets comes to the area (The Rapids).

Savannah and Augusta metros each have two but Augusta is nearly 2x the size and Savannah has a significantly higher median income.

Macon's Target closed down a year or two ago, but Warner Robins still has one. Since Albany still has one, I read that as meaning Target doesn't want two stores in a Georgia market with less than 500k unless it's above-average income.

Old 09-06-2018, 03:56 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
Columbus simply isn't big enough for two standard size Target stores. A second store isn't going to happen unless the population explodes, median incomes increase by about 25%, or one of those corner-market Targets comes to the area (The Rapids).

Savannah and Augusta metros each have two but Augusta is nearly 2x the size and Savannah has a significantly higher median income.

Macon's Target closed down a year or two ago, but Warner Robins still has one. Since Albany still has one, I read that as meaning Target doesn't want two stores in a Georgia market with less than 500k unless it's above-average income.
I have to disagree unfortunately. Our market could easily support another Target store. That type of retail would flourish here. We are vastly under served in my opinion.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:08 PM

967 posts, read 1,073,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
I have to disagree unfortunately. Our market could easily support another Target store. That type of retail would flourish here. We are vastly under served in my opinion.
I think we could easily handle another Target if it's a more updated Target. I remember seeing plans for one in Phenix City on Riverchase if the retail portion over there ever happens. I think another Target would do well in Phenix City and/or on the east side of town as part of Midland Commons.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
What about our demographics makes you think that? Looking at other comparable markets does not at all support that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I think we could easily handle another Target if it's a more updated Target. I remember seeing plans for one in Phenix City on Riverchase if the retail portion over there ever happens. I think another Target would do well in Phenix City and/or on the east side of town as part of Midland Commons.
I could see one in PC, if there wasn't already one Auburn. I bet they already get a fair bit of business from eastern LeeCo and northern RussellCo at that store.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:33 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
What about our demographics makes you think that? Looking at other comparable markets does not at all support that idea.
People are quick to leave at Lee County, Alabama. Even though I can hit a golf ball across the Chattahoochee River into Lee County, they still aren’t included in our metro population. The true size of our area is deceiving because of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA