Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 11:56 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyers3 View Post
Lullwater has started construction on their expanded clubhouse and additional apartments on the land to the left of the current apartments. Woodruff continues to dish out dollars into the local economy.
Woodruff is on fire with new developments. Is this addition visible from Veterans Pkwy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 11:58 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,855,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Woodruff is on fire with new developments. Is this addition visible from Veterans Pkwy?
Yes, you can see where they're taken down all the trees right next to the Lullwater entrance. Also, they're converting "Hamilton Station" in "The Palms" - they just tore down the clubhouse.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, you can see where they're taken down all the trees right next to the Lullwater entrance. Also, they're converting "Hamilton Station" in "The Palms" - they just tore down the clubhouse.
Excellent news. That area of Columbus is booming. Traffic is crazy that way and will only get worse with Old Town coming on board. Veterans widening should be starting next year. Hope they announce some retail prospects soon.

Old 12-10-2013, 03:07 PM

Council approves Uptown land deals for zip line, road reopening

This is a huge step in the right direction to bring major development to the riverfront!

Columbus Council approved two land deals Tuesday morning that could make way for a 1,200-foot zip line across the Chattahoochee and the eventual reopening of Front Avenue between 13th and 14th Streets.

Councilors gave City Manager Isaiah Hugley permission to execute a land swap with the W.C. Bradley Co., ceding to it a strip of right of way along the south side of 11th Street from Front Avenue to Bay Avenue and a plot of riverbank adjacent to the Riverclub for a possible expansion of the dining facility. In return, W.C. Bradley would return ownership to the city of the right of way that was once Front Avenue between 13th and 14th.

Councilors also authorized Hugley to execute a land lease agreement with Uptown Whitewater Management, LLC, which manages the whitewater course, for a plot of land on the green space near the intersection of 11th Street and Bay Avenue.

That plot would be the launching point for the zip line, which will be built and operated by Whitewater Express Inc., the lone outfitter for the city’s whitewater park. Plans also include an aerial course on the Alabama side along with a short zip line.

Land planners have laid out a blueprint to bring restaurants and retailers to the riverfront. The 11th Street strip of right of way is part of a potential restaurant development in the lower level of a building W.C. Bradley owns there. As for the Riverclub expansion, that is something that is in the works as well. W.C. Bradley owns the Riverclub property and building and leases it to the membership.

There are 7 acres Bradley owns between 13th and 14th Streets on the river that are ripe for development, but not immediately. Neither the road reopening nor any development will take place for 18-24 months, when construction and renovation projects on the 13th Street Bridge, the RiverWalk, the 14th Street Bridge plaza and the Mott House are completed.

I imagine there will be huge change within the next 3 or 4 years!

Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,855,250 times
I didn't realize this but, Woodruff has already started construction on the new Old Town apartments - they've almost got the whole thing framed. You can see it driving south on Veterans from Harris County.

Adams Brokerage has almost finished their new strip center next to Arby's with Panda Express, Chipotle and new... Discount Nutrition Center

Old 12-15-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
I didn't realize this but, Woodruff has already started construction on the new Old Town apartments - they've almost got the whole thing framed. You can see it driving south on Veterans from Harris County.

Adams Brokerage has almost finished their new strip center next to Arby's with Panda Express, Chipotle and new... Discount Nutrition Center
Old Town is moving fast. Any idea on what's coming as far as retail?

Old 12-15-2013, 10:26 AM

27 posts, read 42,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Old Town is moving fast. Any idea on what's coming as far as retail?
Someone I know that's very close to the project of Old Town has said they won't be releasing any information until all of the leases are signed. They have some big names that really want a piece of that new community though. There's also been a few Columbus native business owners that will be moving their offices there. It should be a good deal for all involved. As soon as they open up pre-leasing on the old-style apartments above the retail shops, I'll certainly be heading that way myself.

Old 12-15-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenixCityKID90 View Post
Someone I know that's very close to the project of Old Town has said they won't be releasing any information until all of the leases are signed. They have some big names that really want a piece of that new community though. There's also been a few Columbus native business owners that will be moving their offices there. It should be a good deal for all involved. As soon as they open up pre-leasing on the old-style apartments above the retail shops, I'll certainly be heading that way myself.
Excellent news. This will be the most upscale retail development for Columbus. I imagine there will be new retail/restaurant options that are currently not in the market. Definitely would be nice if Columbus lured something not currently in any market in Georgia outside Atlanta. I have a feeling that it will. 2014 is shaping up to be an excellent year for the metro area.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Few photos of St. Francis's new expansion project. Great project for the city.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:33 PM

427 posts, read 550,929 times
Where is "Old Town" located exactly? I have been in Columbus for a year and a half and there are STILL some parts I have not seen yet LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA