Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 07:32 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,363,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilton2ParkAve View Post
I think we've been duped again--- my nighttime lows were forecast to be in the mid 40s for the past two mornings but most of us were probably closer to low to mid 30s.
Humorously I noticed this morning that NOAA is now forecasting 40s Thurs-Sat when previously I was seeing 30s.

Not going to set myself up for disappointment though.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:40 AM

24 posts, read 31,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Don't be shocked...

10th warmest November so far at the CT coast (BDR 1948).
11th warmest for northern CT(BDL) and that's since 1905!

Only 10 days in. Lets see if we can flip that the other way now. lol
That's surprising given BDR is -.7 for the month so far, what's your source for that? BDL is plausible as far as the actual numbers go (+.4), but there's been quite a bit of discussion in the met community about errors with it's thermometer compared to surrounding stations and reality. You can see in this image that it's drifted off accuracy levels quite a bit in the last few months and is now running about two degrees too warm.
Attached Thumbnails
Weather in Connecticut-image.jpg  

Old 11-11-2014, 10:19 AM

83,520 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sesasheep View Post
That's surprising given BDR is -.7 for the month so far, what's your source for that?
BDL is +.4 for the month at 46° average. Basically if it stays at 46° it would be 11th warmest that's because average will drop a lot by end of November so essentially it wont be only +.4 by then. It would be like + 5 degrees above normal.

Noaa NOWData

Old 11-11-2014, 03:21 PM

How did you all like todays weather?

Max temps:

BDL: 66
Danbury: 64
Bridgeport: 61

Max Temps per state:

NY: Dansville 70.
CT: Windsor Locks: 66.
VT: Middlebury 63.
MA: Boston 63.
NH: Nashua 62.
ME: Sanford 61.
RI: 61.

You ready for winter now? I foresee 2 things happening.

1. Upper 40s during the day will actually feel warm by end of this month
2. People will start to wonder if we're coming out of the deep November freeze soon

The projections I'm seeing look like January. Sick. We'll see.

Old 11-11-2014, 03:40 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,785,035 times
It was beautiful.. snow thursday night or what?

Old 11-11-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
It was beautiful.. snow thursday night or what?
No idea.. Snow showers? all I know is my left eye is focusing on whats coming.

Current temps.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:06 PM

1,344 posts, read 1,743,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
This winter might actually be the one that pushes me over the edge and tells me I should move someplace warmer.

I normally don't mind it in moderation. I just can't stomach another bad winter in a row. Hopefully we get this cold out of the way now and have a milder winter. Please?
Me too!! I don't see how anyone can really think that the overall climate is better here than it is in North or South Carolina.

Sure.......I can understand not wanting to live in Florida with the relentless H&H, but it seems like the Carolinas are MUCH better climate wise than CT. Little to no snow, 4 seasons, pleasantly cool/occasionally cold in winter, and only too H & H for maybe 2 months.

It cracks me up that some people here talk about the "charm" (whatever thats supposed to mean) in CT. Yea.......when I'm scraping the ice off my car and shoveling a foot or more of snow......uhhh......yea, the charm in CT

At least in Maine they have kick butt snowmobiling as late as early April, compared to not a damn thing here other than traffic and crazy drivers who have not a clue what they are doing when white stuff falls.

I'm envious of Cambium's tolerance for cold wx

Old 11-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
Me too!! I don't see how anyone can really think that the overall climate is better here than it is in North or South Carolina.

Sure.......I can understand not wanting to live in Florida with the relentless H&H, but it seems like the Carolinas are MUCH better climate wise than CT.
There might be more with this mentality in the coming future with, you know, no global warming around.

The glacial period in CT was no joke. And while it might takes hundreds and thousands of years to happen again, migration south will slowly start happening if these winters continue.

Or... it's just another decade of cold and snow and then next decade its like the 1980s again with no snow. LOL

Either way... I prefer Glacial over Green.

New England Winters are supposed to be worse than what we got last year. Last year was a joke. Not even in the Top 20 coldest winters for BDR.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:32 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post

Sure.......I can understand not wanting to live in Florida with the relentless H&H, but it seems like the Carolinas are MUCH better climate wise than CT. Little to no snow, 4 seasons, pleasantly cool/occasionally cold in winter, and only too H & H for maybe 2 months.

It cracks me up that some people here talk about the "charm" (whatever thats supposed to mean) in CT. Yea.......when I'm scraping the ice off my car and shoveling a foot or more of snow......uhhh......yea, the charm in CT

At least in Maine they have kick butt snowmobiling as late as early April, compared to not a damn thing here other than traffic and crazy drivers who have not a clue what they are doing when white stuff falls.

I'm envious of Cambium's tolerance for cold wx
LOL ..I lived in Charlotte. 2 months of high heat and humidity.?? .. try about 5. Its hot as hell in summer down there. When its late April and pushing 80 every day it makes for a damn long hot season. Hey if you like the heat great..if you don't , you'll hate it.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:42 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,801,889 times
Leaves are down. Bring on the snow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut