Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2017, 05:31 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
I email Hard Rock Cafe last week and they said they're still planning on building a apartments, hotel, restaurant across the street from Yard Goats Stadium. In coming weeks they going unveil their new plan they want add supermarket in their plans.
I thought that deal was dead since the developer, Centerplan, was being sued by the city over Dunkin Donuts Stadium. The city had wanted apartments and a supermarket in that development. I hope you are right.

By the way, saw on the news tonight that the Yardgoats had 40 sellout games this season. That is great news. I hope it carries over to next season as well. Jay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Which is why Amtrak should just run high speed rail to the Hudson via Western Massachusetts and let Connecticut drown in their cesspool. Every Connecticut rail infrastructure proposal gets rich NIMBY people filing lawsuits. Fine.
Yes, because Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Columbia counties in New York and western Massachusetts is so much more open to having a high speed rail line rammed through their countryside.

If there is anyplace that is more NIMBY than Connecticut it is certainly Westchester with western Mass not far behind. Jay

Old 09-01-2017, 03:07 PM

413 posts, read 317,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I thought that deal was dead since the developer, Centerplan, was being sued by the city over Dunkin Donuts Stadium. The city had wanted apartments and a supermarket in that development. I hope you are right.

By the way, saw on the news tonight that the Yardgoats had 40 sellout games this season. That is great news. I hope it carries over to next season as well. Jay
My understanding is that Centerplan still owns the rights to develop the land around the stadium. And since they are currently in court with the city it is unlikely they are moving forward with anything until the courts sort out the law suit.

On an unrelated note, I ate at Front Street on Thursday and increase in foot traffic is very noticeable. The streets are busier and the crowd definitely got younger.

Old 09-02-2017, 07:05 AM

14,055 posts, read 13,937,277 times
Downtown Hartford as late been getting little vibrant now city want to developed South End

City Seeks to Jump Start Redevelopment of Park Street Gateway - Hartford Courant

Old 09-02-2017, 10:55 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Yes, because Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess and Columbia counties in New York and western Massachusetts is so much more open to having a high speed rail line rammed through their countryside.

If there is anyplace that is more NIMBY than Connecticut it is certainly Westchester with western Mass not far behind. Jay
High speed rail bypassing CT is also unlikely because there is no existing right of way until reaching Albany. Even then the line going east from Albany is very winding and ill suited for high speed trains. Purchasing land to develop a new line would prohibitively expensive.

Old 09-02-2017, 03:29 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,834,850 times
New shopping center in East Hartford.

Outlet shoppes coming to East Hartford - WFSB 3 Connecticut

East Hartford Mayor Marcia A. Leclerc said United Technologies Corporation and Horizon Group Properties have signed a formal lease agreement to build a 280,000 square-foot outlet center.
The retail development along with Cabela’s is part of the "first phase of a new life-style center at the Rentschler Field property," according to Leclerc. The property will also include:
  • housing
  • entertainment venues
  • food establishments.
I'm still waiting to see what East Hartford plans to do with the old showcase cinemas. That property seems like prime real estate to me. May be someone can convince me otherwise.

I also drove by the CT Fastrack Elmwood station this week and there's new apts going up next door called "616 New Park". Also, the fast track parking lot was full and it appeared parking was free.

Old 09-03-2017, 05:28 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post
High speed rail bypassing CT is also unlikely because there is no existing right of way until reaching Albany. Even then the line going east from Albany is very winding and ill suited for high speed trains. Purchasing land to develop a new line would prohibitively expensive.
It's called "The Massachusetts Turnpike"

Old 09-03-2017, 06:20 AM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
New shopping center in East Hartford.

Outlet shoppes coming to East Hartford - WFSB 3 Connecticut

East Hartford Mayor Marcia A. Leclerc said United Technologies Corporation and Horizon Group Properties have signed a formal lease agreement to build a 280,000 square-foot outlet center.
The retail development along with Cabela’s is part of the "first phase of a new life-style center at the Rentschler Field property," according to Leclerc. The property will also include:
  • housing
  • entertainment venues
  • food establishments.
I'm still waiting to see what East Hartford plans to do with the old showcase cinemas. That property seems like prime real estate to me. May be someone can convince me otherwise.
I'm still waiting for my taxes to go down due to all this prime development. Meanwhile Pratt keeps downsizing and taxes keep going up.

Showcase is difficult to get to from right off the highway. I think that's stymied some developers, it would put too much traffic on local streets. They talked about doing flyovers into the stadium and that never happened.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:10 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,613,491 times
Quote:
I don't get the context. The highway is not getting redeveloped to support high speed rail lines either parallel riding above. Lawmakers can explore high speed rail all they want but funding for a billion dollar project linking Boston to Springfield to New York while bypassing CT is unlikely.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Federal law prevents the use of interstate highway right of way for anything but a limited access highway. Either the law would have to change which is not as easy as it sounds, or they would have to buy a separate right if way along side of it. Jay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut