Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2020, 12:02 AM

2,203 posts, read 1,649,893 times

Advertisements

Deadline is tomorrow at 8:00pm. Be sure to get all those last votes in soon!

Old 06-04-2020, 09:40 AM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny K View Post
Steve, I am afraid you are right. Milford definitely needs some late votes to win. Here is the score so far:

Fairfield 12-5 Milford

New Haven 11-6 Old Saybrook
Yep. Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two outs. Milford star Stylo up at bat. Fairfield manager and native JayCT motions to the bullpen for the hard-throwing youngster Proud Fairfielder to record the final out and bring the State Title back to Fairfield. Can Stylo come through in the clutch...

Old 06-04-2020, 10:18 AM

2,203 posts, read 1,649,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Yep. Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two outs. Milford star Stylo up at bat. Fairfield manager and native JayCT motions to the bullpen for the hard-throwing youngster Proud Fairfielder to record the final out and bring the State Title back to Fairfield. Can Stylo come through in the clutch...
Steve, this is one of the best posts you did throughout the whole tournament!!! Love this!!! Don't forget that Fairfield is where I am from, and where dazzleman lives as well!

Old 06-04-2020, 11:32 AM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Steve, this is one of the best posts you did throughout the whole tournament!!! Love this!!! Don't forget that Fairfield is where I am from, and where dazzleman lives as well!
I agree. Also Beeker2211 grew up in Fairfield as well and I think New Englander has settled their parents there. I’m not sure if either of them are participating in the tournament though. Jay

Old 06-04-2020, 11:37 AM

21,770 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Very funny. No cheerleading from me. There's only a handful of towns I don't mind seeing Milford be 2nd place to, and Fairfield is one of them.

I still think Milford has a more scenic shoreline overall and more charming center, and a more relaxed vibe, but Fairfield has a ton of advantages too. It is more upscale, its schools perform better (though don't sleep on Milford catching up), its dining scene gets the slight edge (but it loses on breweries), and it's got Southport harbor–one of the most beautiful spots in the state.

All good in either hood.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to top it for the Grand Finale.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Very funny. No cheerleading from me. There's only a handful of towns I don't mind seeing Milford be 2nd place to, and Fairfield is one of them.

I still think Milford has a more scenic shoreline overall and more charming center, and a more relaxed vibe, but Fairfield has a ton of advantages too. It is more upscale, its schools perform better (though don't sleep on Milford catching up), its dining scene gets the slight edge (but it loses on breweries), and it's got Southport harbor–one of the most beautiful spots in the state.

All good in either hood.
Milford's center not being on Rt 1 (ala Fairfield, Darien, Westport) is a great quality. I would have to agree.

Old 06-04-2020, 01:14 PM

21,770 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Thanks. I'll have to top it for the Grand Finale.
Correct me if I’m wrong DK, but this round IS the finale.

Old 06-04-2020, 02:51 PM

34,948 posts, read 56,989,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong DK, but this round IS the finale.
That’s a good question. This is what this round’s post said:

Quote:
FINAL ROUND:

Deadline: Friday June 5th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Fairfield vs Milford

New Haven vs Old Saybrook (For Third & Fourth Place)

So there we have it with the Final Round! We've got the final and the Third Place Fixture for the two losers to determine third and fourth place. Who is READY for the FINAL ROUND!!!
I’m not sure how exactly DannyK is doing this but he seems to be going to rank these four finalists. Jay

Old 06-04-2020, 06:12 PM

6,590 posts, read 4,984,771 times
Fairfield vs Milford

New Haven vs Old Saybrook (For Third & Fourth Place)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
My life experience has taught me that I am happier and happier the further I get from major cities. So even though there are some nice towns over in the SW quadrant of CT, I am sort of disappointed that both finalists are west of New Haven on the I-95 corridor. In my opinion (and I'm not alone), NYC is the rattiest of rat races (and I can already hear the NY'ers and FFC people coming to tell me I'm wrong). I don't think I would ever consider living west of I-91 in CT unless it was in northern Litchfield County. It's not the CT towns that keep me away, it's the NYC spill-over.
I had to do a double take that I hadn't written this! Great observations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut