Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 06:24 PM

2,203 posts, read 1,649,893 times

Advertisements

Here are Mine:

FINAL ROUND:

Fairfield vs Milford: Again it only gets tougher huh. These towns honestly have a lot of similarities. Fairfield is definitely the more upscale town and probably has the edge on the more rich and beautiful neighborhoods, although I am afraid I could never afford to live in areas like Southport though. Milford is a lot more affordable and the downtown is just very pretty with great nature like waterfalls and duck ponds. Really love those, and it is probably one of the most convenient places to live not only in CT but in the whole country. The largest Mall in the state, almost all chain restaurants you need (some in Orange right next door), amazing ice cream shops, and a long coastline with many good beaches as well. Parts of Milford are quiet too like Wheelers Farm, and some around the coast as well. I also love that it is very close proximity to New Haven. Milford might be the only town in CT that you can live in without a car. My family actually might be moving here in 2 years when we relocate back to CT. LOL Fairfield is my hometown, and we were thinking of moving back there, but then we thought Milford really is a lot more affordable and just as convenient if not more. Can't afford the real upscale areas in Fairfield anyway.

New Haven vs Old Saybrook: I really enjoy both towns, but Old Saybrook is arguably my favorite town in the whole state. There is just nothing like Fenwick Area and the peninsula, and the beautiful nature as well where the CT River dumps into the Ocean. The Preserve has some of the best hiking trails in Connecticut as well. Sorry New Haven, but I am afraid I need to go with the coastal touristic town.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
Fairfield
Jay, what about the third place fixture?

Old 05-29-2020, 06:31 PM

6,923 posts, read 3,760,891 times
Stylo and Proud,

Should I flip a coin or do you want to convince me? go at it

If not, I'll ask Danny to call heads or tails.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:55 PM

1,329 posts, read 2,631,995 times
My life experience has taught me that I am happier and happier the further I get from major cities. So even though there are some nice towns over in the SW quadrant of CT, I am sort of disappointed that both finalists are west of New Haven on the I-95 corridor. In my opinion (and I'm not alone), NYC is the rattiest of rat races (and I can already hear the NY'ers and FFC people coming to tell me I'm wrong). I don't think I would ever consider living west of I-91 in CT unless it was in northern Litchfield County. It's not the CT towns that keep me away, it's the NYC spill-over.

If we could pick up Fairfield and drop it east of New Haven somewhere, it would be one of my favorite towns... so I will go with Fairfield.

... and Old Saybrook, simply to represent the eastern half of the state.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:58 PM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times
FINAL ROUND:

Deadline: Friday June 5th at 8:00pm Connecticut Time.

Fairfield vs Milford - have already talked about why. The pure coastal beauty wins for me, mainly. I also dig the chill vibe. Some think that can only start East of New Haven, but I disagree.

New Haven vs Old Saybrook (For Third & Fourth Place) - OS is not even close to my favorite town, and New Haven is by far my favorite city. Easy.

Old 05-29-2020, 06:59 PM

21,772 posts, read 28,115,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Stylo and Proud,

Haha, I don’t really care which town wins. They’re both great.

But here.

Old 05-29-2020, 07:24 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,978,217 times
Fairfield & Old Saybrook

Old 05-29-2020, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico7 View Post
My life experience has taught me that I am happier and happier the further I get from major cities. So even though there are some nice towns over in the SW quadrant of CT, I am sort of disappointed that both finalists are west of New Haven on the I-95 corridor. In my opinion (and I'm not alone), NYC is the rattiest of rat races (and I can already hear the NY'ers and FFC people coming to tell me I'm wrong). I don't think I would ever consider living west of I-91 in CT unless it was in northern Litchfield County. It's not the CT towns that keep me away, it's the NYC spill-over.

If we could pick up Fairfield and drop it east of New Haven somewhere, it would be one of my favorite towns... so I will go with Fairfield.

... and Old Saybrook, simply to represent the eastern half of the state.
Nico7, I gotta say that I am a little bummed as well about both finalists being between NYC and New Haven. I really would've liked to see an eastern shore town make the final. Very disappointed that Milford beat OS, and had hope because OS knocked out Milford in 2018, but I think that Milford just got so much love this tournament from many of the voters which put it this far. I also must say that I kind of was disappointed about all of B.G.M not making the Finals Bracket and all going out in the county bracket. Guilford really should've made it to the Last 16, it was very unfortunate that Guilford and New Haven had to face each other in the semis. I voted for New Haven, but I somewhat regret it here and there although even if I changed my vote it wouldn't have been enough to send Guilford through. If I am telling the truth, I honestly did not expect Milford to knockout Madison, that was a big surprise for me, especially with the LOVE that Madison gets on these forums. Anyway though, maybe next tournament, the eastern shore towns will do better. I know 2 years is a long way from now, but 2022 Tournament will be back here before you know it!

Old 05-29-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Stylo and Proud,

Steve, can I take part? I like both towns, and I am not sure if I should be the one to try and strictly push a town over the other, but I say go with Milford because Fairfield won in 2016. It would be nice to have a new town win, LOL.

Anyway, I will be very happy to call heads or tails if you want to flip a coin!

Old 05-29-2020, 07:29 PM

989 posts, read 601,964 times
Quote:
Stylo and Proud,

I'll bite. After all, the winner of the whole tournament shouldn't be getting random votes

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fairfield is one of the most diverse towns in the entire state. I am aware that Milford is extremely similar, but no portion of Milford is rural. Additionally, as JayCT pointed out, Fairfield has two universities which is something else Milford lacks.

I can share some photos too

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut