Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2021, 08:45 AM

748 posts, read 774,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In the last few years, the only Ct judicial reforms pushed through solely by Democrats were pro criminal. The public needs to vote for pro law-abiding people if they want true change for the better. The Democrats will keep adding to our crime problems, and as I type this Guilford & Milford have NEW murders to solve, and our liberal politician run state saw murders rise 30% in 2020 vs 2019.

With the direction we are headed, I would bet , over the next few years, our rate of increase in gun ownership will soar, as people know with Democrats in charge, they (themselves) are their only true protection against criminals.

I am unsure why the liberals have such a love affair with criminals, but they do.

This would fall under their bleeding heart tendencies. It's all based on emotions.
To them no one should be a criminal, it's offensive to them. It's like illegally people in this country.
Calling them illegal is offensive to them. Therefore, bleeding heart tendencies call for supporting
and defending them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2021, 12:39 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,859,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wma152 View Post
Because if a republican propose something like lock them up, they will be called a racist. I said that before.
That's what liberals do, they use the race card all day, when someone propose something that's against their ideology.

Republican act on emotions? Wow, nice try with that reverse psychology.

Obviously, you're addicted to Fox News. The only person here who mentioned race was you.

Very typical of Republicans though, they can only act on emotions, never have any substance. The Republican party supposedly has been working on juvenile crime for the last 4 years. The video I posted is evidence.

What polic(ies) have the CT Republicans proposed for juvie crime in the last 4 years ?

Where were the CT Republicans when Long Lane was closed for good in 2018 ? Why weren't they complaining then?

Where were the Republicans when Malloy changed the juvie system to help balance the state budget ?

Fox News addicted people are a bore, so next time come with receipts.

Last edited by MrGompers; 07-25-2021 at 01:47 PM..

Old 07-25-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
In the last few years, the only Ct judicial reforms pushed through solely by Democrats were pro criminal. The public needs to vote for pro law-abiding people if they want true change for the better. The Democrats will keep adding to our crime problems, and as I type this Guilford & Milford have NEW murders to solve, and our liberal politician run state saw murders rise 30% in 2020 vs 2019.

With the direction we are headed, I would bet , over the next few years, our rate of increase in gun ownership will soar, as people know with Democrats in charge, they (themselves) are their only true protection against criminals.

I am unsure why the liberals have such a love affair with criminals, but they do.

What specific polices would the CT Republican party have implemented that would have prevented the murders in Guilford and Milford ?

I thought Obama took everyone's guns ? So how can gun ownership soar ?

Old 07-25-2021, 09:03 PM

21,669 posts, read 31,337,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
What specific polices would the CT Republican party have implemented that would have prevented the murders in Guilford and Milford ?

I thought Obama took everyone's guns ? So how can gun ownership soar ?
Obama took everyone’s guns? Care to expand on that?

Re: the murders, I don’t know any of the specifics surrounding each crime, but I can bet you my next paycheck that at least one of the murderers served time and was out on parole. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my words, but recidivism is so common that statistics point to “likely”.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:03 AM

11,334 posts, read 18,962,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post

I think he was being facetious, since the stereotype of the "Fox News" crowd is that they think he did or was going to do that......

Old 07-26-2021, 10:29 AM

34,152 posts, read 17,225,555 times
Quote:

Re: the murders, I don’t know any of the specifics surrounding each crime, but I can bet you my next paycheck that at least one of the murderers served time and was out on parole. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my words, but recidivism is so common that statistics point to “likely”.
It is very likely, no doubt. Career criminals are common. They do not want to change, other than wishing they would not be caught again.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Wishes View Post
I think he was being facetious, since the stereotype of the "Fox News" crowd is that they think he did or was going to do that......
I’m calling out the unnecessary sarcasm. Clearly, Obama didn’t take everyone’s guns.

Old 07-26-2021, 02:44 PM

35,084 posts, read 57,206,297 times
Please return to the topic of the OP which is the rise in juvenile crime in Connecticut. JayCT, Moderator

Old 07-26-2021, 03:23 PM

Quote:

I don't get it, do you want people to be locked up for life ? Probably 75%+ of all convicts are going to be released some day. Locking convicts up for life doesn't make sense. Just the cost alone would be asinine. Don't Republicans want lower taxes ? Sounds like this is another case of acting on emotions and not facts.

Old 07-26-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
I don't get it, do you want people to be locked up for life ? Probably 75%+ of all convicts are going to be released some day. Locking convicts up for life doesn't make sense. Just the cost alone would be asinine. Don't Republicans want lower taxes ? Sounds like this is another case of acting on emotions and not facts.
I’m not too sure what there is to not get. It’s all been pretty well explained.

It doesn’t really matter what I want, although I will note (again) that there is a happy medium between locking them up for life and full and complete unaccountability, where is pretty much where we’re at now. What matters are the factual data, which should be taken into account when making decisions that will affect the livelihood and safety of our friends and neighbors. Or would you prefer that we make laws based on the bleeding heart side regardless of facts and tendencies?

Re the cost, we did it before and crime was at an all time low. Tax rates and tax burdens have gone sky high since then, so clearly that’s a moot point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut