Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:08 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
Racist much? Spanking with a switch is not just a black persons solution. Christians use, "spare the rod;spoil the child." Even the person from Appalachia has chimed in in the use of such.

I think AP did go too far in his rationale of whipping the child (naked). I believe discipline should be used based on the child's temperament. Some children will break down if you stare at them too long. Others don't respond to whipping at all. While others respond to having their prized possessions taken away.
Not in the slightest. See post I made before this one.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:16 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't think my explanations are doing what I intend because I'm still not being understood, so I will just drop it.
No they are doing exactly what you intended. You believe black people should be victims for all of eternity. Because something happened to our ancestors, which did not happen to us, we should forever be dwelling on it. Here is the truth of the matter, you will find those that dwell on something that had nothing to do with them, are ones that will never achieve their desires in life because they will always believe they are victim.

Old 09-13-2014, 10:29 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Sigh... let me guess:

The same creepy people who defended Ray Rice's knocking out his woman in a public elevator will now be coming on here and defend this guy who beat his small four year-old kid so hard that there was graphic photo evidence of the outcome on the kid's body days later.

"Oh, kids are spoiled theses days... We live in such a nanny state where all the liberals raise a hissy fit if you just hit a four year old with a tire iron one time..."
"It's a private affair, and we should let Peterson do whatever he wants with his kid..."
"I used to get hit with a tire iron all the time when I was a kid, and look how I turned out..."

(yes, we see how you turned out from your comments, and clearly, it ain't good)

Old 09-13-2014, 10:38 AM

29,514 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Clearly money, fame, and power doesn't equate to proper child rearing skills.

As mentioned before, Peterson has a rather shady past in this aspect.

Last year, his 2 year old son was brutally murdered by his ex's boyfriend. Yet this was the first time he ever heard about his son.

I can assure you that when I was age 4, I wasn't physically aggressive towards others and cursing them out.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:20 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,924,564 times
Quote:
Why wouldn't I be? All I am saying is if I were a black person, I wouldn't whip as a punishment because of it's significance with history. I think some of you are reading more into my question or something because I don't get why apparently some think it was an outrageous question?
Quote:
I don't think my explanations are doing what I intend because I'm still not being understood, so I will just drop it.
Well, let's see ... enslaved black persons were also raped and murdered, but African-Americans still commit those crimes as well.

Do you see the ridiculousness of your statement now?!

Old 09-13-2014, 12:35 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,220,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Sounds like a case of the boy deserved punishment and Peterson went too far.

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings indicted in child case - ESPN
While I agree that physically hitting the child is not the best form of discipline, I think that parents should discipline their children as they see fit.

It's a sad state of affairs when one can actually be arrested for disciplining their child.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:40 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Sounds like a case of the boy deserved punishment and Peterson went too far.

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings indicted in child case - ESPN
A 4 year old deserved punishment?

Child abuse and domestic violence hits home for me. No reason to ever commit assault on a child or anyone else, period. And one's flesh and blood at that. I hope Peterson goes to jail where he belongs.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:41 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Surely you can't be serious ... ?
Don't call me Shirley.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:48 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,577,546 times
Cuts, bruises ? Aw, hell no. Permanent NFL ban and a bunch of prison time.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:53 PM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
While I agree that physically hitting the child is not the best form of discipline, I think that parents should discipline their children as they see fit.

It's a sad state of affairs when one can actually be arrested for disciplining their child.
No it's not. I wish arresting parents would happen more often. Assault inside the home against an innocent victim should be punished. Doing so against a defenseless child should raise the sentence.

Many people have no business having children in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events