Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I should say went to far.

In response to the 4 y/o pushing another child off a toy, his pants were pulled off and Peterson used a switch, leaving bruises and cuts up and down his legs, buttocks, and *******.

Peterson defends this "whoopin' " as a reasonable strategy to use in teaching the child right from wrong.

I shudder to think what is in store for one of his kids who does something more serious than tussle over a toy.
I believe he strongly disliked this child. The 4 year old told them that this brutish beast had a "whooping" room and not only beat him with some tree branches NAKED, he also whipped him with a BELT on his back like he was in a movie called 4 Years A Slave. His back and entire lower half of his body was marked up.

He beat his 4 year old child like a savage for knocking a kid off a VIDEO GAME toy and hitting an older child in the face. I will "assume" this older child is the one he has with his WIFE and the son he beat like a slave was from one of his side women who refused to get an abortion.

The pics the police took of the child's WOUNDS (not welts) were taken after a week after the beating. I would hate to imagine what they looked like before. I'm sure the 4 year old child was in deep pain, couldn't sit, play or do anything properly after that and his current wife or girlfriend couldn't give a damn, because in HER mind the kid never should have been born to begin with.

Here are the disgraceful pictures of what this animal did to his son at TMZ:

Adrian Peterson -- Indicted for Child Abuse ... Doc Reported Injuries (Photo Update) | TMZ.com

Quote:
One law enforcement source tells TMZ ... Peterson decided to discipline his son by grabbing a branch from a tree -- and then whipping the child on his bare skin. We're told several of the wounds were bleeding when the child went back to his mother.
Still bleeding after a week??!!

And this jack..hole found nothing wrong with that??

I hope he does major jail time. He's a savage just like Ray Rice is.
Read more:

Old 09-13-2014, 03:34 PM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
Yes why is it some think taking a belt/stick to their kid hard enough to leave bruises, welts, blood is ok. Do you think it is ok to that to your wife/husband/other family member. I have never gotten in this debate the idea that striking a women is bad but somehow it can be justified in doing it to a child. A young 4 yr old child nonetheless, who is defenseless. What am I missing here?
It's useless trying to explain this simple concept.

The 'my parents used switch on me/I turned out fine' crowd will conveniently overlook this, and continue to act as if there's nothing wrong with making a young kid bleed from 'discipline.' Never mind the ridiculous text messages that accompanied what Peterson did.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
The fact that Peterson considered this a "normal spanking" is disturbing. As much as he wants to minimize it, hitting a little 4 year old with such severity is child abuse.

According to this article: Vikings star Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse of his son 11 months after a different boy of his was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend | Mail Online

He also texted the boy's mother: 'Never do I go overboard! But all my kids will know, hey daddy has the biggie heart but don’t play no games when it comes to acting right.'

The child offered police a different version of events, telling them Peterson hit him on the face and that he feared further punishment for talking to the authorities about what happened.

He said that he had been hit by a belt and that 'there are a lot of belts in Daddy’s closet.'

The boy also said that Peterson put leaves in his mouth when he was being hit with the switch while his pants were down and told his mother that his dad 'likes belts and switches' and 'has a whooping room.'

Sorry, this is not normal discipline!

He's clearly a sadistic savage.

No parents I knew from back in the day had a "whipping room" with torture devices to use on the kids. Thank goodness we only got hit with the belt or hands and NO SKIN WAS BROKEN and our entire bodies weren't covered in bloody wounds from prolonged whippings.

His wife or girlfriend is culpable as well, because she had to hear that boy screaming for his life. She also had to see him crying off and on for hours from the pain.

I also read that he was shoving LEAVES IN THE BOY'S MOUTH, while he was beating the crap out of him!!

Is this the southern way of beating a child that no one talks about?

This sick *ish sounds like something the slavemaster used to do the slaves to muffle their cries. I have NEVER heard of no sick crap like this, ever and I'm BLACK.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It's useless trying to explain this simple concept.

The 'my parents used switch on me/I turned out fine' crowd will conveniently overlook this, and continue to act as if there's nothing wrong with making a young kid bleed from 'discipline.' Never mind the ridiculous text messages that accompanied what Peterson did.
He also shoved leaves in his mouth while he was beating him to muffle his cries.

I have never, ever heard of anyone "disciplining" their child this way, so I'm going to assume it's a southern black thing, because no one I know from the east coast got beat like this. Shoving leaves in the mouth??!!

Da hell???

The NFL is clearly hiring very demented men to work this game.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Cuts, bruises ? Aw, hell no. Permanent NFL ban and a bunch of prison time.
I agree. He's a sick piece of twisted work.

Shoving leaves in the kid's mouth so you can't hear him scream?

You have a "whipping room" with torture devices to discipline the kids? Da fuq??

You beat the kid until bloody, then the text the mother as though it was some lightweight mess that left a "couple" of bruises "here and there"? That kid was scarred up from back to lower legs. They even have pics of defensive wounds on the back of his hands from trying to stop the assault.

Adrian Petersen is a savage that should be locked up and banned from the NFL for life, in addition to being banned from seeing this child he brutalized.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:17 PM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
While I agree that physically hitting the child is not the best form of discipline, I think that parents should discipline their children as they see fit.

It's a sad state of affairs when one can actually be arrested for disciplining their child.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
So if he felt that the child deserved a kick to the head, would you be okay with that?

Where's the line? What's a step too far? If breaking the skin and drawing blood isn't too far, what is? How do we determine the point where we go from a parent meting discipline to a criminal abusing a child?
I wanted to address this post as well. The above bolded is bs as some people just aren't good parents and don't know when they cross the line from discipline into abuse.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:17 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Who are we to determine that since we have no idea what his kid is like, nor the punishment he should receive based on what works with the kid and what does not.
Remember some kids respond to the carrot, others to reason, and some need a good kick in the rear end.

When parents are prohibited from disciplining their own children, we have gone beyond the pale.
Understand that there is a difference between disciplining - even spanking - and abusing and torturing a child. What happened here is more of the latter. You NEVER hit a kid with another object. You NEVER hit hard enough to leave bruises.

Quote:
I received physical punishment with spankings via a belt, hand, and yes even a switch. It was my Godmother who used a switch on me.
And look how you turned out? As someone who defends child abuse. Clearly not good.

Quote:
Funny enough I look back now and realize that my on experiences were needed to help keep me in line and under control during my formative years. My uncle did the same to my cousins and every one of them turned out good as well.
There are other ways to keep kids in line than to beat them so hard that they turn black and blue. If that's what your family did to you and your cousins, then I feel really sorry for you. That is not parenting.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Whipping kids for acting out probably goes back thousands of years - why should a brief period of history have anything to do with this. I'm sure some African tribes were whipping kids well before any of them were shipped to America.
Nobody who whips his/her kids or advocates the doing of such can ever be regarded as a good parent.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
when a player beats up on a kid or woman its nobody's business but when sterling does not want to give free tickets to certain members of the community its everybody's business.
whats up with that?

Old 09-13-2014, 06:14 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
I worked in juvenile detention for several years. Met all sorts of kids who got regular whippings.

And all sorts of parents who insisted that they had been whipped like this and they had "turned out just fine."

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 09-13-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.