Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 12:44 PM

624 posts, read 762,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
^^^^ Bingo!! Pun intended. Tweakers and wannabe tough types and their fondness for Pits and Rotts... These clowns are so stupid with dogs, teaching uber aggressive behavior, as if they actually know how to train a security/guard animal. Then , when the animal turns on THEM, they are shocked.

Hmmm....do we see agencies that use canines for security using Pits and Rotts? Police, military etc? Well, actually the Germans use Rotts, but that's not surprising, and they know what their doing. Training any security dog is serious business. But, we have so many boneheads out there, thinking they are being cool, feeding massively powerful dogs gunpowder and raw meat, and calling it "training", that we now have to carry a weapon when we go for a walk. Especially if we take our own dogs. Horace the Corgie looks like lunch to the animals these clowns keep, and they think that's funny as well.

They are living, vicariously, through these dogs. I find nothing amusing about being braced by some wannabes loose Pit when I'm walking my own dog. I find it less amusing when that aggressive animals "owner" thinks its funny to watch his brain dead animal work over some elderly ladies companion animal. Tough guys. Yea...wtfe
Or an off duty cop in a dog park

Police Officer Suspended Over Off Duty Dog Attack On Montrose Beach: Chicagoist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 12:54 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,348,680 times
"The police report also noted that “Fat Boy” has always been aggressive and bit Cahill and his girlfriend’s son in the past."
according to the article.
People do not take the liability of owning an agressive dog seriously enough. Don't care WHICH breed it is. Unless it is a professional guard dog, aggression should not be tolerated. And if the people can't get it under control, then the dog needs to be put down. Seems heartless but if the animal is not right in the head...
There are some dopes that "train" (I use this term lightly) their animals to be aggressive of course. By training, I mean beat the snott out of it so it's mean.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Well, I had a pit once. It was what I call "a drug dog". Some trash owned it and when the bank foreclosed on their house, my father bought it so as to control the neighborhood and who lived there so that people like them wouldn't move in again. They just left the dog. So my dad's wife, animal lover she is, adopted it. When the family first got it, it was friendly and could be petted over the fence. Then they sent it off for about 10 days and when it came back it growled at passers by, and would not go near the fence. When we got it it had all sorts of issues.

Anyway, it was very aggressive at this point. Growling and charging and snapping at me. One time it charged it pretty hard. Scared me to be blunt. It took a fist to the chest maybe 80% of what I could throw. It was knocked back a few feet and then my other dog attacked it to keep it from coming back (German Shepherd. Very very well behaved. Had since a pup). Anyway, not only was the Pit unharmed, but it obviously didn't care. It wasn't even made. I looked into its face before my other dog distracted it, and it was just blank. No anger, no hurt, no fear, noone home. I feel like it was trying to assert dominance and when leaning into him didn't work I had to get more physical. Eventually the dog was put down because it failed to learn it's place and continued to be aggressive.

My point is, those dogs are tough. They are willful. You will not succeed in stopping it with your hands alone. You won't even **** it off. I know your post was in sarcasm, but I've had a brief run in and can tell ya, you wish you had your pistol or better a rifle or shotgun when one of them needs putting down fast.
This sounds like a dog who needed one of those pet psychologists. Those are supposed to work pretty well. I wonder if they'd even accept an aggressive pit bull as a patient, though. Ideally, abused dogs should get help.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:22 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This sounds like a dog who needed one of those pet psychologists. Those are supposed to work pretty well. I wonder if they'd even accept an aggressive pit bull as a patient, though. Ideally, abused dogs should get help.
In a perfect world, sure . But there are finite resources to care for unwanted animals, and I rather se them used to help dogs that never hurt anyone. We had a case here of a dog named Onion that killed a baby.

The amount of time and energy spent fighting about euthanizing him was utterly ridiculous.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:14 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
In a perfect world, sure . But there are finite resources to care for unwanted animals, and I rather se them used to help dogs that never hurt anyone. We had a case here of a dog named Onion that killed a baby.

The amount of time and energy spent fighting about euthanizing him was utterly ridiculous.
If the dog killed a baby how much discussion could there have been??

Old 12-28-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
If the dog killed a baby how much discussion could there have been??
It was tied up in court for over a year if I recall correctly.

Here's a link

Dog that killed boy in Henderson released after 2 years in custody - Thursday, Jan. 23, 2014 | 6:40 p.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Old 12-28-2014, 02:22 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:

I was talking about the dog JWG posted about. It sounds like he was sent to a kennel, and came back with a radically changed personality. Intervention/treatment at that stage might have solved the problem.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:26 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,316,954 times
Quote:
9 pounds. Is this a pit bull pup, or some breed that will stay small?
Naw. She's a 10yr old minpin/Jack Russell. Truth be told her weight is probably in the double digits with all the holiday snacking she does. But she's feisty! Make no mistake! She'll rip your toenail off if you mistakenly step on her!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:28 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
He was an idiot for owning a pit bull...chances are you won't get killed by one but why take the chance of your canine killing you are one of your family or friends.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Naw. She's a 10yr old minpin/Jack Russell. Truth be told her weight is probably in the double digits with all the holiday snacking she does. But she's feisty! Make no mistake! She'll rip your toenail off if you mistakenly step on her!
My minpin was an ornery little monster as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events