Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
name me one country in the world where when someone attacks a police officer he doesn't get shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
The United States
That's why our fore fathers wanted us to always the Right to Bare Arms(even minorities)
Say, you're not thinking of testing that theory, are you? 'Cause where you live it could be a little dangerous................Just looking out for you.

By the way, there are plenty of countries where ordinary police officers are not armed. England. Barbados. Gotta be a few more.

But facts are the facts here in the USA. Attack a police officer and you will probably get shot.

Old 03-09-2015, 03:04 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
By the way, there are plenty of countries where ordinary police officers are not armed. England.
Not entirely true.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:44 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
By the way, there are plenty of countries where ordinary police officers are not armed. England. Barbados. Gotta be a few more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Not entirely true. .......
LOL!

You have allowed yourself to be trained by the modern "gotcha" media. Finding a perceived flaw in a statement, you post a seemingly solidly irrefutable evidence to the contrary.

Fail. "F"! You ignored the clear presence of the word 'ordinary'.
BBC News - Why British police don?t have guns
Quote:
The deaths of two female police constables have brought into focus the unarmed status of most British police. Why does Britain hold firm against issuing guns to officers on the beat?

Old 03-09-2015, 06:48 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,626,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
How about this? Instead of the media sesationalizing every incident between a person of race and the police, why don't they report every incident between everybody, including white people, and police. I think it may come out that rather than police against black people, it may show they go after criminals regardless of race.
Is white no longer a race?

Old 03-09-2015, 07:30 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Not enough of this story to go on yet. Why was he struggling with the cop? Another Darwin award winner?
^Winner

We have no idea what happened, only the narrative the media has tried to frame for us. I remember when I first heard about the Martin/Zimmerman incident and thought(solely based on the reporting) Zimmerman was probably the bad guy. This was further reinforced when I saw the pictures they showed, one of Martin looking angelic at 12 years old, and a mug shot of Zimmerman looking like a leg breaking thug.
Of course we now know the entire thing was contrived with pictures not representative of their current look, attempts to make Zimmerman look like a racist, efforts to not report on Martins troubled past, his failure to flee, etc., etc., etc.

So even though I was not naïve to the bias and self-serving interest of the media/press, I still got sucked in until I learned more details.
Therefore everyone should take a deep breath and see what details/info comes out about this incident before rushing to judgment.

`

Old 03-09-2015, 08:04 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNHot75 View Post
So what are cops supposed to do with black men who do not comply and become aggressive and attack police officers? Are cops supposed to just let the black criminals attack them and possibly kill them just because the criminal is black.
Yes. By the "logic" of the protesters, police officers are not supposed to do anything at all against black male criminals (and I suppose black female ones, too). They are not to enforce the laws or any kind of social norms whatsoever. And if a black male criminal chooses to inflict violence against an officer, the officer must sit there and take it, up to an including the forfeiture of his life.

And if this happens often enough and consistently enough, the police will get the message and leave these communities to their own devices. Shortly thereafter, the protesters will begin complaining that the police fail to protect their communities . . . due, no doubt, to the racism inherent in the police force and the overall power structure.

I wish I were being sarcastic, but sadly I'm not.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:37 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
I agree to an extent that some of the protests are getting old. Many are justified, many are not. I am also getting tired of the constant threads on this forum regarding a shooting of someone, regardless of their race. However, it's disgusting the absolute glee some people show (and we know who) when a black person is killed. Shows the absolute lack of character these people possess.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:38 AM

7,132 posts, read 9,136,869 times
Odd how this doesn't happen in European countries and there's a decent amount of minorities there, especially the U.K. and France.

Why does the U.S. have so much crime? Even the white murder rate, 2.8/100k is higher than every European country's average which is around 1.1 or so, sometimes even less. Asian American murder rate is 2.0, a lot higher than the East Asian's countries murder rate. Let's not even speak on the black murder rate, extremely high far higher than the European black murder rate. Hispanic is somewhere around 3.9 or 4.0, but I can't make a comparison with Europe there.

Maybe part of it is just American culture....to be violent. Europe across the board, no matter the race has a lower murder rate.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,535 times
From what I know, the dude got what he deserved. One, he was assaulting a police officer. Two, I highly doubt the police just picked this place to show up at and kick the door, so obviously a crime was being committed which prompted the police to be called there in the first place. I don't care what color you are or what color he was, anybody with an ounce of common sense can't possibly feel sorry for the victim.

Just by looking at the mom on the news she looks like white-trash so its highly unlikely her son was a perfect little angel

Last edited by supertrucker212; 03-09-2015 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 09:07 AM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,287 times
To all people just behave and it's all good or suggestion to cops when a black is running between cars in traffic and ready to jump you go to Starbucks and chill brotha of anotha you still get speed without a adrenaline overdose that turns you into spiderman or John Wayne or Cousin Fuzzy and his Fuzzies.

Last edited by openmike; 03-09-2015 at 09:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events