Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 07:25 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times

Advertisements

UMMMM, this sounds like a possible false-flag to me........shady actors pumping up the story to give cover for the Agents to commit another, UMMMM, "justified shooting"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am curious to see the results of the autopsy of the 9 dead, HUM, how many were killed by Agents??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 07:52 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Being a "biker" is the closest a white person in the US can get to knowing what it feels like to be black. Calling all the bike riders arrested at that fiasco thugs (as that other poster did) is like calling all blacks ni**ers.

Sadly there is very little reliable alternative media. I think the best source is a person's own judgement and common sense. About 169 of the 170 sources are still locked up. Blogs and discussion forums like this (even with the resident lunatics) generally include much more intelligent conversation than anything that comes out of a reporter's mouth.

Some people like a site called agingrebel for mc club news.

imho we just have to use our own judgement. Having followed several of these "biker gang" cases before I can say you become aware of le's tactics and how the media plays right along with them.
That's probably true.

1%er came from the AMA trying to defend biker gatherings saying that 99% of the attendants were god fearing, law abiding regular Joes. The other 1% were just rebel without a cause types that liked to drink too much and party a little too hard. The 1% got adopted and became cool in much the same way that for young black men emulating thug culture is cool. The actual percent of self-identifying 1%ers actively involved in organized crime is pretty small. It's certainly there with groups like the Bandidos and Hells Angels and Vagos, but even then I doubt all the members are actively involved. It's present to the extent you'd need to be okay with it though. But then we're still only talking a few thousand people. There's tens of thousand more wannabe 1%ers.

I've been a biker for years. No one hassles me, except possibly for looking to give me speeding tickets. Much like being a young black man, it's not going to get you hassled by the cops alone. Pretending to be a 1%er could. I wouldn't know. I'm not and don't pretend to be. It holds no appeal to me. That seems to be the common denominator, throw out the wanna be thug poser status and cops hassle you.

Last edited by Malloric; 05-24-2015 at 08:04 PM..

Old 05-24-2015, 08:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,027,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
That's probably true.

1%er came from the AMA trying to defend biker gatherings saying that 99% of were god fearing, law abiding regular Joes. The other 1% were just rebel without a cause types that liked to drink too much and party a little too hard. The 1% got adopted and became cool. In much the same way that for young black men emulating thug culture is cool. The actual percent of self-identifying 1%ers actively involved in organized crime is pretty small. It's certainly there with groups like the Bandidos and Hells Angels and Vagos, but even then I doubt all the members are actively involved. It's present to the extent you'd need to be okay with it though. But then we're still only talking a few thousand people. There's tens of thousand more wannabe 1%ers.

I've been a biker for years. No one hassles me, except possibly for looking to give me speeding tickets. Much like being a young black man, it's not going to get you hassled by the cops alone. Pretending to be a 1%er could. I wouldn't know. I'm not and don't pretend to be. It holds no appeal to me. That seems to be the common denominator, throw out the wanna be thug poser status and cops hassle you.

Thank you for this very honest and thought provoking post.

You obviously have black friends cause you "get" it.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:41 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Another misleading factoid about Bikers is how much they drink and party.

Drinking and driving a bike is a well known way to get yourself killed quick.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:52 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Considering that the Texas Department of Public Safety lists the Bandidos as a Tier 2 threat just below Mexican drug cartels and that these gangs are international in their reach, it begs the question.

Waco coverage shows double standard on race - CNN.com

These groups usually do their best to avoid negative publicity, they avoid killing civilians and doing anything that will attract negative attention. Most of the time when they are in the public eye, it has to do with them doing some charity ride or something of that sort, they try and stay below the public radar most of the time when it comes to illegal activities.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:57 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
UMMMM, this sounds like a possible false-flag to me........shady actors pumping up the story to give cover for the Agents to commit another, UMMMM, "justified shooting"!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really am curious to see the results of the autopsy of the 9 dead, HUM, how many were killed by Agents??????
Does anyone other than me think this Kill Cops thing sounds a whole lot like the Crips,Bloods and BFG gangs that were going to kill cops in Baltimore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Never bothered the guys I regularly rode with. Stoned,drunk, etc never stopped any of them. Party all night long, get on the bike and putt over to the local coffee shop for a greasy breakfast...

I had to kick start my Panhead (no electric start) so if one is able to do that without breaking something the odds of you riding ok seemed to be pretty good!

We did have one friend pass out at a stop light once, still gripping the clutch no less. Had to wake him carefully so he didn't startle and drop his bike.
True story, believe it or not...
How I survived my 20's one will never know.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

I could point you to a couple biker bars to reaffirm that not all that misleading factoid. That's nothing but anecdotal though. It's a well-known way to get yourself killed quick because so many people do it. 42% of motorcycle fatalities involved people over the legal limit.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:56 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,932,660 times
Has anyone in uniform been killed yet?

Old 05-24-2015, 10:07 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Has anyone in uniform been killed yet?
Negative.

I have been following as closely as a regular citizen can and to my knowledge there has not been one single incident anywhere in the United States, or anywhere in the entire world for that matter, that can be attributed to "bikers" initiating revenge upon law enforcement.

The end.

Old 05-25-2015, 12:08 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,366,656 times
others questioning the propaganda...

Police warning on biker retaliation questioned by former biker, experts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events