Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 PM

16,644 posts, read 8,649,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meyers View Post
Dude quit responding to old posts and bumping things up. Those things were said 4 hours ago.
LOL

I am just reading them now. Regardless I will reply to posts that are days old if I so choose. If you don't like it, lump it.

`
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 09:41 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,230,197 times
Quote:
When you got a mentally defective child inventing fake back stories, a fake life, a fake family, fake idenities, and telling the whole family to be quiet, at some point you have to do something as a family. If it were my kid, I would have exposed them much much earlier before it reached this stage. Those parents are angels dealing with that nut.
You don't get it. She's been estranged from them for years. They didn't have to deal with anything. Even if you think she's a con artist, the parents' actions were clearly spiteful.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:46 PM

520 posts, read 533,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
You don't get it. She's been estranged from them for years. They didn't have to deal with anything. Even if you think she's a con artist, the parents' actions were clearly spiteful.
No you'd be a horrid parent if you allowed your child to go further down that path. I mean at some point she would face legal ramifications with the extent she is taking her lies. Estrangement or not makes no difference to someones parents and their concern for their child. If my child were a con artist I would expose them whether or not they tried to estrange from me to keep their con going. I say good on the parents.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:47 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,829,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
That is certainly not one of Obama's sins, though he helps t perpetuate it.

You can blame historical ignorance for it, as hyphenated-American has been around for a long time. The irony of the ignorance is that it has always been considered a slight upon someone to be called a XYZ-American. It was a way of saying you are less than a real American and/or that you had mixed allegiances to the country of your origin more so than assimilating into America.
Teddy was my favorite president, but when he said there was no room in America for hyphenated Americans, he was not being cynical or hypocritical about it. Black Americans worked at assimilating for over a hundred years after the Civil War, but the rest of the country wasn't having it.

When I was a kid, only first grade or so, my mother took me to the town festival and parade that year. This was in Enid, OK. My youngest aunt was a senior in high school played the clarinet in the Booker T Washington High School band. I'd seen her play at some of the games.

So when the local bands marched by, I looked intently to see her. But I didn't. And I didn't pick up that in fact, I didn't see any black people at all in the parade--I wasn't really noticing that kind of thing at the time. So I asked my mother, why didn't I see Aunt Deb in the parade?

"We can't be in their parade," my mother told me.

You see, a parade is the essence of culture. It's what a town or city or county or nation does specifically to display its culture. A parade says, "This is who we are, what we want everyone to see about us." When a culture says, "You can't be in our parade," that means you're not part of their culture. And I thought about that. Another decade passed, the Freedom Riders, the Birmingham church bombing, George Wallace, marches, protests, et cetera, and I realized that the culture that didn't want me in it wasn't particularly superior anyway.

So now, it's "You don't want to assimilate!"

Old 06-12-2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
No you'd be a horrid parent if you allowed your child to go further down that path. I mean at some point she would face legal ramifications with the extent she is taking her lies. Estrangement or not makes no difference to someones parents and their concern for their child. If my child were a con artist I would expose them whether or not they tried to estrange from me to keep their con going. I say good on the parents.
I still say it was not done out of concern for the daughter. I'm 99% convinced there are ulterior motives at play here.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I still say it was not done out of concern for the daughter. I'm 99% convinced there are ulterior motives at play here.
Im sure there are other motives. But thats what happens when you got a nutjob as a daughter acting like someone else, and clearly unstable enough that she could do anything. I mean the crazy woman faked a bunch of hate crimes, lied as being a black woman to get a professorship, and Im sure her next con was to try to do something to her own family to stop them from ever exposing her lie. So yes the ulterior motives are probably to stop whatever else the lunatic had planned.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,010,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i'm confused. do all hispanic-americans get to go to college for free ?
I was being facetious... sort of. I'm making fun of affirmative action, and the fact that you can apparently claim to be whatever you want to be regardless of how you actually look and what your cultural background and influences are or have been. If you can "pick" your race or ethnicity, change yourself to identify as whatever you want, then what's even the point?

This women does sort of look black. Maybe it's the hair, because it's not really the skin, but if I saw her I'd probably think she has very light brown skin and is maybe biracial, rather than totally obviously white like her childhood pictures.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Im sure there are other motives. But thats what happens when you got a nutjob as a daughter acting like someone else, and clearly unstable enough that she could do anything. I mean the crazy woman faked a bunch of hate crimes, lied as being a black woman to get a professorship, and Im sure her next con was to try to do something to her own family to stop them from ever exposing her lie. So yes the ulterior motives are probably to stop whatever else the lunatic had planned.
She may have some mental issues but I don't think she was doing it strictly for financial gain. She grew up with black adopted siblings, has a black husband and black children. Seems like she really does want to identify as black. It just seems very complex to me.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:02 PM

Quote:
She may have some mental issues but I don't think she was doing it strictly for financial gain. She grew up with black adopted siblings, has a black husband and black children. Seems like she really does want to identify as black. It just seems very complex to me.
Of course it was motivated by monetary gain, atleast partially. Do I think shes crazy enough to actually believe shes black? I thought perhaps so, but then I heard her interview. First of all Im from the area. And the woman is pretty clearly typical white trash from Spokane. She would have absolutely no prospects like a salary from the NAACP and then a salary from a university without a fake identity. Everything in her was planned. She is the definition of a con artist. She was even careful in how she answered questions so as to deflect them. She is just one of those mid income white women from second tier American cities who figured out a way to get paid. And by the way even with both of those she needed more money. Hence the fake hate crime lawsuits. Oh and the countless discrimination suits she filed which people said had no merit. You sensing a pattern? Using her fake race for money.

Old 06-12-2015, 10:07 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,027,892 times
Well....this is certainly odd..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events