Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2015, 01:16 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,927,129 times

Advertisements

they arrested one of the animals who started the fight...idiot
and the baby was HURT...big gash on the forehead...
god help anyone who hurts my kid...a bullet to the head is what this animal deserves
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 01:39 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,942,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yet the video at the bottom of your link is the exact same one in the OP
Yes, that is true because the older report is first and then they talk about the new report.

The first was in Indianapolis. This one is in Texas. The photo of the baby is from the older report from what I understand. Maybe not though. It is hard to tell because the two fights are being conflated on the facebook page.

Here is the video of the Indianapolis one

Girl arrested after video shows graphic fight at Indianapolis park | Fox 59

Old 06-26-2015, 02:28 PM

2,973 posts, read 3,538,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
I am in my 70s. When I was growing up, it was uncommon for girls or women to fight physically. There were often verbal altercations, but very few physical ones. I am not sure why we have suddenly began to react physically to everything.
When I went to high school in the early 2000s, I saw girls fight a lot after school waiting to be picked up before I could drive. I rarely saw white girls fight, usually black and Hispanic girls.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:45 PM

73,075 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
When I went to high school in the early 2000s, I saw girls fight a lot after school waiting to be picked up before I could drive. I rarely saw white girls fight, usually black and Hispanic girls.
Depends on where you live. I rarely saw women fight. I did hear of girls, who happened to be White, fighting, as well as Black girls. And I went to high school in the early 2000s as well.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golabki View Post
Many are trained well enough to hide their inner-hood rat.
Do you know that for a fact?

Old 06-26-2015, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Neither do I, honestly.
Having been assaulted by "hood rat Blacks" and the "White trash" types, I have no respect for either element, and to me, they both behave the same. In fact, "hood rat" culture is really an offshoot of "redneck" culture when you look at it. Thomas Sowell has an essay about this.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:15 PM

519 posts, read 598,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemodeled View Post
Poor kid! He could of been seriously hurt! The girl who pulled the mother is scum and hope she gets good punishment for what she did, especially to the innocent child. Id love to see the boy charged to who just danced as the girl beat on the other.
He suffered head trauma and other injuries. The sad thing about this attack is these savages were wanted for days yet google kept taking the video down and the mainstream media paid no attention to the story.

I hope the black trash (primary female attacker is identified as 14-years-old (Shanice Smith)) gets thrown in the cage she belongs in for a long, long time.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Sorry that happened to you guys!

I grew up in Clifton NJ which had a nickname of lily-white Clifton even though it wasn't. There were many black families who had lived there for generations. Of course they were still the minority.Many nationalities there. Lots of Dutch and Central European, then people from Ukraine and those areas came in and also Italians.Apparently a lot of folks from India , Bangladesh and those areas have settled there now.

My black friends from up there had parents who were teachers, doctors what have you. There were a couple of shoddy areas but those places had whites and blacks (I'm not talking about Passaic and Paterson-do you know the Hurricane Carter story?) Clifton was different. Kinda sheltered.
We moved to Deerfield Beach Floida in 74. When you think about it that's not so long after desegregation.I don't know how it is there now but there were lots of trashy white and black folks there then.
I wasn't used to seeing entire sections of town with just black people, and they were either poor or unable/unwilling to go into better neighborhoods. Many blacks wouldn't move out even if they could afford to.

I understood why they might get angry at a white person from NJ so . Aside from being shy, I was perhaps too understanding.We moved to Delray in 77. There was still racism from both sides but nothing like Deerfield. Delray was still agricultural and a real ghost town then.Deerfield was much more of a city. Anyway, it was a pretty corrupt place. But the black people there were so proud of their history in the town and most were very interesting charming people. It was odd because in many ways Delray was like a time warp back to the 50s. The "black" high school had its last graduating class a few years before. I don't remember the whole history but coming from NJ it was a shock.
The mobs of people with kids from the northeast hadn't really started invading Florida yet so I guess there was still that good ole boy old South mentality.
I know a bit about Clifton. I also know a bit about other places in NJ like Teaneck, Hackensack, and the Oranges. Things can vary from place to place.

I could imagine that Florida and New Jersey would be different worlds, especially depending on which parts of those states you live in. The 70s would have indeed been a bad time in Florida. From what I heard, the 80s were no picnic either. Riots in the 80s.

I suspect the Black girls who bullied you would have really tortured my younger sister. She got taunted with the "you talk like a White girl" crap in exurban Atlanta. I suspect she would have been in fights and beaten up in Delray.

I live in Georgia and have lived there since the 90s. The area I went to middle school and high school in, Paulding County, it is technically a suburb/exurb of Atlanta. However, it was quite rural when I moved there, and it's 45 minutes from the border with Alabama. My father wanted a quieter, safer place to live, and a cheaper place to buy a house. He didn't know we were moving into a very backwards place. For me, it was a culture shock in middle school to go from a diverse area to being the only Black kids in my homeroom, and in that particular area. It would have been different had I lived in a more upper income place like Alpharetta.

I'm living there again because I graduated college without having a job. My parents still live in the area where I spent middle school and high school. That area has seen some changes. When we moved there, subdivisions were being built there. The county was growing fast. About 150,000 people live there now. When I got there in 1997, the population was around 67,000. It is still very rural in alot of parts, and there are still people who fly Confederate flags.

In a way, Delray is alot like where I went to middle school. By the time I was there, there was no "Black high school". It was an agricultural area for a long time. Next to my old high school is cow pasture. To sum up growing up, my family was basically a middle class family looking for a cheaper place to live. We lived in a subdivision that was(and still is) middle class. However, there were also alot of trashier people living in nearby areas and the "good old boy" element was still there.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:33 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,889,753 times
This is just sad. It just shows that she hasn't been socialized, for her to do what she did. I don't care what her race is; it's evidence of poor parenting if a she can, in good conscience, attack someone like that with the baby around. You can't make any excuse for that behavior.

Old 06-26-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
This is just sad. It just shows that she hasn't been socialized, for her to do what she did. I don't care what her race is; it's evidence of poor parenting if a she can, in good conscience, attack someone like that with the baby around. You can't make any excuse for that behavior.
Anyone who is has that level of barbarism in them, well like you say, it speaks to their socialization. I certainly won't make any excuses for that behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events