Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:18 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times

Advertisements

I guess her brother wont be making the wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 05:24 PM

32,028 posts, read 36,813,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
He ruined a LOT of people's LIVES!
He sure did. What a stupid little brat.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:36 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,278,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
They can still get married. Just have the reception/party at some point in the future.
Oh, I agree. Or they could have a very small intimate wedding. I was just clarifying that it wasn't a matter of them not budgeting sufficiently.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:11 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,453 times
This sister is a P.O.S. & an insensitive f$#@#%# scum-bag. She had nothing to do with what her horrible brother did, but she's using what happened to try to get money for her wedding?! I hope she doesn't get one red cent. What an opportunist. Disgusting.

I've never understood why people have to spend thousands of dollars on a wedding, anyway. Just have a small, intimate affair or go to the justice of the peace. I've known people who have done that.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:17 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,940,568 times
There's a point where we all have to move on. No matter what catastrophe occurs, life must continue.
We've all lost loved ones and there's time for mourning and paying respects but eventually you have to let it go. She's as much at fault for this as anyone of us. Unless we're actively helping the affected community and putting our lives on hold, we can't judge her for wanting to move on as well.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:52 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,278,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
There's a point where we all have to move on. No matter what catastrophe occurs, life must continue.
We've all lost loved ones and there's time for mourning and paying respects but eventually you have to let it go. She's as much at fault for this as anyone of us. Unless we're actively helping the affected community and putting our lives on hold, we can't judge her for wanting to move on as well.
There's nothing wrong with her moving on. It's the asking others to fund her honeymoon as if her loss was anything close to the loss the victims' families are going through ... that's what leaves a bad taste.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:32 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
I feel bad for as well although setting up a GoFundMe page for wedding/honeymoon plans is ridiculous. People need to learn to budget for that kind of stuff.
Very true. Which is what confounds me about this anyway--her wedding had been set for the Sunday after those murders. She canceled it, yes, but hadn't she and the groom been prepared to pay for it then?

Old 07-02-2015, 07:49 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Move on? This didn't happen two years ago. It was two weeks ago.

In fact two weeks exactly. You don't "move on" in two weeks.

And losing loved ones to illness or old age is expected, getting murdered isn't. So that unexpected and violent ending adds to the grief.

If she had any class or smarts she would have a very low key wedding, very low key.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:03 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
I don't think she should have asked for money from anyone. That is really insensitive I think on her part.

On the other hand.....I think the police or whatever agency has jurisdiction should give her some sort of reward money for being the one that called the police and notified them that it was her brother in the video. She did the right thing and turned him in. She shouldn't be crucified for that.

Old 07-02-2015, 08:13 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
2 weeks? Her brother is now a mass murderer that could be facing the death penalty and it's still all about her? Is she nutz?

If my brother did this the last thing I'd be thinking about would be getting married. I'd be more worried about death threats to my family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events