Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 11:15 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Falsely outraged? How would you feel if one of your loved ones was gunned down, and the person who did it has a sister soliciting for funds to cover her postponed wedding. Meanwhile you have a funeral to pay for and try pick yourself up the floor so you can try and function.
Were your relatives one of the ones shot in Charleston? If not, then it's quite presumptuous to attack someone and justify it on how "they" might feel. You don't know how they feel, and further make error that they think like you.

IMO, that's about as low as one can get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2015, 11:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,720,278 times
I'd say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, but this seems to be a family of peaches.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
The only thing dumber than asking for wedding money on gofundme is people being mad about Dylann Roof's sister doing it. Did she kill anyone? I guess the SJWs never have enough people and things to complain about.

Old 07-05-2015, 12:47 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,475,620 times
She has to go on with her life, maybe she was not close to her brother, she can't be responsible for her brother's heinous crimes. Everyone has to take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:48 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
But when she puts up a GoFundMe page to solicit donations from strangers, it ceases to be her private life.
It doesn't seem like she was soliciting strangers. The way her GOFundMe page was worded, it sounded like it was directed at friends and family who wouldn't be able to make another trip to see them get married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveklein View Post
I don't really understand why she canceled the wedding to be honest.
Out of respect for those who lost their lives as well as for safety. The media published all her wedding details and since the whole family was getting death threats canceling the wedding was the best thing to do.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:49 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
If she could afford the wedding she can afford to pay the costs associated with cancelling.

I'm not sorry her "special day" got ruined. Weddings are fun and great but in our society it's become more about having an awesome party than it is about the marriage and the love and lifelong commitment of that day.

I'm not saying people shouldn't have a party I'm just saying if she really wants to marry him she can still do that. It's the marriage vows that should be the most important not the party.
I still don't get why they couldn't have gone ahead. I'm sure that someone would have volunteered to pick up security.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
Shakes my head. No words.

Old 07-07-2015, 02:04 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I still don't get why they couldn't have gone ahead. I'm sure that someone would have volunteered to pick up security.
I would not have felt safe doing so and would have wanted a lot of security.

It's silly that people use gofundme. Silly that people have big weddings. Stupid that this woman would be blamed for merely being a sister. I would hate to be judged on the sociopaths in my family. They're not me and I'm not them.

So who are we to judge her?

Old 07-07-2015, 02:09 AM

6,395 posts, read 6,283,899 times
And OF COURSE the church has a "donations fund!"

Donations Pour in to Help Families of Charleston Massacre Victims Cover Funeral Costs; Boeing Pledges $100K

Over 100k from one done alone. That covers all 9 funerals and then some.

Old 07-07-2015, 05:25 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,336,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
And OF COURSE the church has a "donations fund!"

Donations Pour in to Help Families of Charleston Massacre Victims Cover Funeral Costs; Boeing Pledges $100K

Over 100k from one done alone. That covers all 9 funerals and then some.
Yea because asking for donations for a wedding is totally the same thing ask asking for donations to bury a loved one who was murdered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events