Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2015, 01:00 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
I think the moral of the problem is that we need to address the problems at home instead of running towards/away to somewhere else. We needed to reform our government after the G.W. Bush years. In my opinion he set the precedent towards strong-arm partisan politics and now we have a two party system trying to out partisan the other.
Sounds good, but there is no way on earth to reform such a thoroughly corrupt system.

Much better if one could escape to a country that doesn't have such scum in power!

Old 11-12-2015, 02:56 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Bye Bye!!! I hope that works out for you

Worked out PERFECT for me !! #Americasucks

Old 11-12-2015, 03:09 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
I think the moral of the problem is that we need to address the problems at home instead of running towards/away to somewhere else. We needed to reform our government after the G.W. Bush years. In my opinion he set the precedent towards strong-arm partisan politics and now we have a two party system trying to out partisan the other.
Americans were warned by Eisenhower and didn't listen.
Americans were warned by JFK and didn't listen.
Then you had folks like Perot, Paul and now Warren.

And it all fells on deaf ears.

The system is too corrupt to even try to fix.
The assassination of JFK put the kibosh on anyone attempting to make any changes once they got into the highest office of the US.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Worked out PERFECT for me !! #Americasucks
I envy you, congrats on making it out!

Old 11-12-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytexan View Post
americans were warned by eisenhower and didn't listen.
Americans were warned by jfk and didn't listen.
Then you had folks like perot, paul and now warren.

And it all fells on deaf ears.

the system is too corrupt to even try to fix.
the assassination of jfk put the kibosh on anyone attempting to make any changes once they got into the highest office of the us.

exactly!

Old 11-13-2015, 01:25 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,918,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The assassination of JFK put the kibosh on anyone attempting to make any changes once they got into the highest office of the US.
Goodness, you know who killed Kennedy and why? Please do tell...

Old 11-13-2015, 06:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb A Third of Americans Would Leave America

A large majority of Americans have never left the USA, so some of that third who want to leave may just be curious about other lands.

Why 64% Of Americans Have Never Left the U.S. - Mic

I've been to Europe several times and it's very charming. I've been to 3rd world countries, also. I'm always glad to come home and I thank my lucky stars that by accident of birth that I'm American.

I'm very amused by white guys who whine and whimper about how tough they've got it here, though.

You need some perspective, fellas.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:24 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
When will you 33 percent leave and renounce your citizenship... Please... Do..
More room at the inn...

Old 11-13-2015, 03:36 PM

1,094 posts, read 499,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A large majority of Americans have never left the USA, so some of that third who want to leave may just be curious about other lands.

Why 64% Of Americans Have Never Left the U.S. - Mic

I've been to Europe several times and it's very charming. I've been to 3rd world countries, also. I'm always glad to come home and I thank my lucky stars that by accident of birth that I'm American.

I'm very amused by white guys who whine and whimper about how tough they've got it here, though.

You need some perspective, fellas.
Actually according to the data, whites in the USA DO have far lower quality of life and a horrific death rate compared to whites in Europe, this has been all over the news lately with that published study by the Nobel economist, here's the graph that shows the comparison most sharply, summary-- being in America (compared to Europe) is literally life-threatening to your health and survival, and ironically, based on the data from the Nobel economist's paper, the best way a white American can gain better health and quality of life is, literally, moving to Europe, which so many of my old friends and neighbors have done (though it's not just for white Americans actually, some recent rumblings that Asian-Americans are also having higher death rates for some reason based on the early data)

Notice here that whites in other European and Western countries have been enjoying better health, financial stability and survival over past 16-17 years, except in the USA, where whites are much worse off than they were 16-17 years and getting still worse. (It isn't just US whites for that matter, the death rate for other groups esp. African-Americans are still high though getting better, and again it's apparently recently been skyrocketing for Asian-Americans too for some reason, it's just that the Nobel economist's paper was looking mostly at the white subgroup.) The data shocked me as I'm sure it did a whole lotta other people, but basically, it looks like being white in the USA is more and more a death sentence, this is basically like what happened to post USSR Russia except it's still getting worse in the United States.

The big question is the reason why this is happening, and from my own experience-- both from the horrible suffering I've seen among many of my American friends and neighbors, and what I've heard among my friends who've moved to Europe (or to South America or Asia in many cases)-- I'd say the biggest single problem is the lack of good healthcare access in the USA, and medical bankruptcies. One of the most horrible things I've ever witnessed was an old childhood friend of mine with a kidney stone, writhing in excruciating pain from it, but was hesitant to go to the hospital (this is in the United States of course) for fear of being bankrupted. So he suffered for days until it passed, like something straight out of a horror-movie. Here's the kicker for it, he was insured and had a good job, but his deductible had been used up because he and his wife had already been nearly bankrupted by hospital costs for the birth of their baby a few months before (conveniently many of the docs were "out of the network" and his medical bills were horrible). And the ACA has not fixed this BTW, the high deductible and out of the network cost issue was a problem before the ACA and it's a problem after the ACA too. If even a guy with a good job and insurance was so horribly victimized by the USA's corrupt healthcare and health insurance system, you can only imagine what it's like for the tens of millions of Americans who've lost jobs with no health insurance at all, a number rising as more and more companies just decide to replace their American workforces with bargain-cheap H1b visa labor they can ship in from India. This would indeed kill millions of people.

This simply does not happen in Europe. When you need urgent medical treatment, you get medical treatment (and forget about that BS about the "long lines" at European clinics, for urgent treatment you get what what's needed.) And no, I'll say it again, it's not because they have higher taxes there, in fact European total taxes and American total taxes are about the same levels since Americans pay a whole bunch of other taxes Europeans don't have (payroll, state level, property, all the license and inspection fees for businesses). It's just that Europeans have a cheaper and more efficient healthcare system-- and yes, this is partly because they don't spend countless billions in malpractice (no-fault compensating strategies there) but also because they don't have parasitic-style health insuring practices, crazy drug prices or outrageous fees from the charge-master-- and also because they don't waste their taxes on bail-outs for corrupt failed bankers, or military costs.

The failed US healthcare system is literally killing its people, really can't think of anything else that would explain the huge increase in death rates, poor health and lower quality of life for American whites compared to their kin in Europe. Maybe the divorce craziness in the US has something to do with it, in the US it's extremely expensive and the alimony and support payments can bankrupt people, but it just doesn't seem widespread enough to explain the trend (and the UK, Australians and Canadians also have expensive and damaging divorce proceedings-- far less so in other countries-- though even there not as bad as the US). Considering the scale of the massive increase in death rates and poor health among Americans, really seems like the health care and American's lack of access is the main factor. It was always a dumb idea to connect health care to a job since the job is so uncertain, now it's looking like a death sentence for millions of Americans.

Last edited by Corascant; 11-13-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-13-2015, 03:42 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
When will you 33 percent leave and renounce your citizenship... Please... Do..
More room at the inn...
Wouldn't it be GREAT !! Less crowding on the highways, more job opportunities, less lines whenever you shop, and all the complainers would be gone !

So, when are you guys leaving ?

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events