Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 12:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Pot calling the kettle black?
Nope. His bizarre, violent behavior is easily observed on video. He's either on drugs or psychotic - or both. No one in their right mind acts like that.

There was also a "struggle" inside the building, according to the police reports. Since when is a "struggle" verbal? A struggle is something physical.

So no, I'm not jumping to conclusions. I'm simply reading and watching what's already been put out there for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Thanks to people like Kathryn and Jasper - people who apparently live in the land of lah lah, it's difficult to get anything done with regard to the percentage of cops who are bad and shouldn't be on the street. And none of us have said that it's all cops, or even most cops, but no cops should be abusing their power, or using their gun when they can use some other tool.

I can only hope, that certain people who truly believe that such incidents only happen to bad people who aren't following directions, will have their own encounter one day. Not that I expect it to change their views. They would probably blame themselves before, heaven forbid, blaming a cop, but karma does have a way giving people a little bit of a reality check.

Yeah, right - I'm living in the land of lala - I am probably the only person on this particular thread of this forum that has had to deal very closely with the FBI, the ATF, the sheriff's department, the state patrol, and a bomb squad with a sniper pointing a gun at a loved one's head. (Oh - and the really cool little robot guy they sent in to sweep the house - but he wasn't armed.)

You know how my brother avoided having his head blown off by the authorities? HE COOPERATED WITH THEM when he realized he was caught.

He probably had twenty guns aimed at him at the time. No one shot him. And it wasn't because he was white - it was because he immediately did what they told him to do, which was lay down spread eagle on the ground. Down he went. Immediately.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, that's a topic for a different thread, and feel free to start one, but know that the racists will jump in and it will get ugly fairly quickly.

Why are you saying blacks need to improve when it's only a certain element found among blacks, and also in Hispanics and whites? You're going to find people with ghetto mentality in all races. No respect for anybody or anything, they're too stupid to get work but smart enough to know how to cheat the system. Violent, abusive men and women who thumb their nose at authority.

I don't see anyone here absolving them of anything. Let the justice system do its part where they're concerned. It's not the role of cops to sentence someone to death or dispense beatings to people they've already got restrained. That's the point. As far as the thugs - let them go through the system and do their time in prison.

With regard to this young man, I agree with the poster who said it sounds like he may have been high on something. He deserved to be tasered and restrained, and to go through the judicial system so he could pay the price for his crime. But I have to wonder if there was a way to stop him without killing him. The more seasoned cop didn't shoot him, which makes me think he may have thought there was another way.

It's like the guy who was stopped for not having one of his license plates in Cincinnati. The cop could have shot out his tire, he didn't have to shoot the driver in the head.

Yet some people saw nothing wrong with that. Sick.
I agree - and for the record, I DID see something wrong with that and have been very vocal in real life and on this forum about my opinion on that particular shooting.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:54 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,475,620 times
Driving while black high and stupid got the guy killed, thats the real story brahhhhhh.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Just another criminal who happened to also attend college, NOT a college student who was also a criminal.
Let's wait and see what the toxicology report shows. He was supposed to report for the college football training program next week. Let's see if he would have passed that particular drug test.

That should show us how serious this college student was about attending college on a football scholarship.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:43 PM

167 posts, read 168,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
The cost of vandalism or theft should never, ever be a human life.
i don't understand why some people value human lives so much. Decent humans that CONTRIBUTE to the betterment of society, yes. TAKERS, not so much. If You aren't doing something to make the world a better place, you are a taker and IMO your life is worthless.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Do you always jump to a conclusion based on your fantasy biases or is this a unique subject? I said none of your preposterous accusations.
I'm pretty sure you posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
He was not a college kid crossing the street and killed by police. This man was in the process of committing a felony, in the middle of the night. Other than that, what happened is not yet known.
to which I responded with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So...I posted this:
Tennessee V. Garner
"deadly force...may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others." This case abolished the Fleeing felon rule where a fleeing felon who posed no immediate threat to society (e.g., a burglar) could be shot if he/she refused to halt"
And you are claiming what? That if you are committing a felony that automatically makes you fair game for being killed by a cop? Geezus
Your implication was that if he was in the process of committing a felony it somehow makes him fair game, If you meant something else by what you said, then perhaps you should explain yourself

Old 08-09-2015, 01:50 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnam409 View Post
i don't understand why some people value human lives so much. Decent humans that CONTRIBUTE to the betterment of society, yes. TAKERS, not so much. If You aren't doing something to make the world a better place, you are a taker and IMO your life is worthless.
Interesting to see the perspective of a non-Christian or non-any-religion. Thank you.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:17 PM

2,269 posts, read 3,803,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'd love the opportunity to rally around an actually innocent victim.
John Crawford! This is easily the worst of the recent incidents. The guy shot in the back while running away was horrible, but the guy was indeed an idiot. Crawford was basically executed, because a customer got nervous after seeing him with a bb gun, a product sold in the store.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooti...n_Crawford_III

Old 08-09-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herodotus View Post
Seems pretty innocent to me. I immediately notice that he wasn't committing any felonies, nor was he being violent or destructive. That right there differentiates him from many of the current "victims of police brutality" we are hearing about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events