Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 09:26 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
We don't even get a video with this one? Where's the fun in that?
There's a video of him breaking into cars, isn't that enough? You can see him jumping on a windshield of a new car in the showroom.

So now a rookie officer is being investigated because he didn't let this guy go? Why would anyone want to be a police officer?

Do I think people disobeying the law should be shot? No. But this young man drove his SUV into the dealership. Then he refused to cooperate with the police.

His father said his unarmed son should not have been shot no matter what he was doing. That's such a crock. I feel badly for a grieving parent, but when a police officer is killed, nobody seems to be screaming racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 09:27 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Football players lives matter regardless of race, they deserve better treatment from the police. This is a travesty of justice lol
Somehow that statement (and the other half-dozen you've made in a similar vein) doesn't seem to go along with "Heal the world make it a better place for you and for me and the entire human race".

Old 08-09-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
Agreed that blacks who aren't doing anything wrong do sometimes get harassed and worse from cops. But in this case, it really does look like the dead guy was committing a crime, possibly while high, and then COULD have done more than resist arrest since whatever led him to be at that dealership COULD have led him to continue irrational behavior, which could have been a threat to the cop. Yup, no question that this is another white cop who killed a black person...but does it automatically fall under the cop being wrong in using deadly force? I'd like to think a taser could always work in subduing someone, but that obviously isn't the case or cops wouldn't carry guns....
I think you summed it up quite well, at least in this case.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:30 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,605,383 times
This kid got a hold of some bad drugs. Sad all around.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,522,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
This kid got a hold of some bad drugs. Sad all around.
That makes him a criminal.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:34 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
BS lies. Blacks don't even get a chance to resist. A 12 year old black child with a toy gun is gunned down by the police in less then two seconds after they arrive. Meanwhile the police just back down from armed white scumbuckets like this. The same laws aren't even enforced on white people.
That happened in my state. They backed off because it was going to be a bloodbath like Waco or Ruby Ridge.

That event brought out all the crazies.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Gee and why is that? Any ideas? I'm gonna give you the first hypothesis
an assumption not based on anything except your own anecdotal experience is hardly a hypothesis, it is at most an opinion.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:36 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,522,024 times
There is no question he was a criminal, ita a fact. Any reason why he did what he dis still makea him a criminal. Criminals attend college too. He wasn't an innocent victim of anything.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:40 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Everyone has bias. I don't believe it. I hear the little biased voices in my head all the time. I just work harder to counter them out!

The reason we can't make any progress is because:
1. no one wants to take ownership of their issues
2. no one wants recognize what other people observe if it is counter to their experience

Everyone is like "I do not have a racist bone in my body! It's those other people." And suddenly there are no other people because everyone is great!

I used to think there was no racism, and we were behind it. I have diverse non-racist friends. And then more stuff started to happen to me and I noticed patterns of behavior my non-black peers didn't experience.
I do not have a racist bone in my body! I do not have to prove that to you or anyone else.

Old 08-09-2015, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
There is no question he was a criminal, ita a fact. Any reason why he did what he dis still makea him a criminal. Criminals attend college too. He wasn't an innocent victim of anything.
Had he been convicted of something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events