Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2015, 12:41 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,522,024 times

Advertisements

There you go again 2sleepy. There is a difference between criminal slander and libel. Once again you keep proving that you simply do not or cannot understand. My condolences. Thats ok, first you said it was wrong, then said there were no laws and then get confused. Like the post where you cite a law in Tennessee and tried ro tie it to Texas and this thread topic, it doesn't make any sense and appears senseless. But do drive on, keep truckin or whatever floats your boat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 12:45 PM

175 posts, read 607,367 times
When society raises children to have NO respect for ANY law, and that many are taught from birth to hate both Police officers and anyone different than their race, then that is where 95% of America's problems come from. To be raised to defy any officer, to have NO respect for anyone in position of authority is a poor choice to make. I was ALWAYS told by my Mother that if I did ANYTHING wrong to NOT call home-and that I was on my own if I did do something bad. This is indeed a racial thing- both sides of the fence both White and Black are the issues since we ALL need to treat others as we'd like to be treated. That's the number one thing that I taught my sons. Always be respectful of others. And now Police officers go out daily and wonder whether or not if they're coming home in the evening-Tensions run high at times like this when an officer comes upon a crime in progress. Streets are full of disrespectful young thugs and punks who have no respect for themselves or others. I don't know all the circumstances behind this situation, and neither do the news media that stirs up the pot with "oh no here's another poor defenseless Black man" gunned down. While I don't think that the media reports ALL of the sides of the issues- And I don't understand the use of this level of force in "some" circumstances. Why isn't there a similar outcry from the media when unarmed whites are killed by blacks? Or when the black on black crime/death rate in America rarely changes? Should there only be Black officers in the USA? Will that make the community at large happier? For anyone to think that a Black officer won't fire in the same set of circumstances is a silly notion. ALL lives do matter. But for those in the segment of society who don't care about lives or laws there can be a heavy price to pay for arrogance to laws and what is right and wrong. We all have consequences to our behavior and actions. Just my thoughts and opinion on the matter.

Last edited by ohnonothimagain; 08-10-2015 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: updated opinion

Old 08-10-2015, 12:49 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Did you not read that slander can be criminal? Now you're acting like you can't read.
Blog Law Online: Another One Bites the Dust: Minnesota's Criminal Libel Law Struck Down

Old 08-10-2015, 12:54 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,473,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
When society raises children to have NO respect for ANY law, and that many are taught from birth to hate both Police officers and anyone different than their race, then that is where 95% of America's problems come from. To be raised to defy any officer, to have NO respect for anyone in position of authority is a poor choice to make. I was ALWAYS told by my Mother that if I did ANYTHING wrong to NOT call home-and that I was on my own if I did do something bad. This is indeed a racial thing- both sides of the fence both White and Black are the issues since we ALL need to treat others as we'd like to be treated. That's the number one thing that I taught my sons. Always be respectful of others. And now Police officers go out daily and wonder whether or not if they're coming home in the evening- streets are full of disrespectful young thugs and punks who have no respect for themselves or others. I don't know all the circumstances behind this situation, and neither do the news media that stirs up the pot with "oh no here's another poor defenseless Black man" gunned down. While I don't think that the media reports ALL of the sides of the issues- I don't always understand the use of this level of force in "some" circumstances. Why isn't there a similar outcry from the media when unarmed whites are killed by blacks? Or when the black on black crime/death rate in America rarely changes? Should there only be Black officers in the USA? Will that make the community at large happier? For anyone to think that a Black officer won't fire in the same set of circumstances is a silly notion. ALL lives do matter. But for those in the segment of society who don't care about lives or laws there is a heavy price to pay for arrogance to laws and what is right and wrong.
Indeed. Respect is a 2 way street. Do what an officer tells you. Yes sir/no sir. Have an arrogant attitude and don't listen to basic directions an officer tells one? Things can get ugly fast.

And yes, ALL lives do indeed matter. I think anyone brought up properly would think such a statement doesn't deserve an apology. Good grief.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:55 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
Ok, just read any law that deals with slander. You can voice an opinion, that is covered by free speech. However, once you say "you are..." that is no longer opinion and can be tested as slander or even libel. The police officer can then arrest you for that becuase an arrest is just that, it is not a conviction but merely an allegation. "slan·der

ˈslandər/

noun

LAW

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

"he is suing the TV network for slander"
" When spoken it requires a third person to hear it. To person to cop, no but person to cop in the presence of others, yes. More to the point, why do it? People who insult cops usually do it to incite the cop.
If you don't mind my asking, what was the tuition at The Matchbook Cover School of Law & Stick Figure Art ?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:22 PM

There you go again, can't see the shore because you're drowing in the middle of the ocean. Tell you what, you go along with those goofy ideas, line up your bloggers and go slander some cops. Report back when you are sufficiently able to do so. I think quite a few people would find what you have to say then rather interesting.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
If you don't mind my asking, what was the tuition at The Matchbook Cover School of Law & Stick Figure Art ?
I was hoping that as an alumni, you could tell everyone instead of me having to research what you paid.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:26 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
I just saw part of a Video showing a Male person in the parking lot of a car lot then looking inside a car while wearing sun glasses and then climbs on to the car and using his left foot is stomping what could be the front or rear window of said car...video stops on my computer.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Indeed. Respect is a 2 way street. Do what an officer tells you. Yes sir/no sir. Have an arrogant attitude and don't listen to basic directions an officer tells one? Things can get ugly fast.

And yes, ALL lives do indeed matter. I think anyone brought up properly would think such a statement doesn't deserve an apology. Good grief.
Absoultely. Why some people even want to argue about insulting the police with comments that it is ok defies imagination. You don't even have to say "sir", "ma'am" or anything else other than yea or no or ask if you don't understand. A lot of this nonsense comes from the lunacy of question authority people. Fine, question authority all you want. That is why they have trials and lawsuits or complaints. But simply insulting the police because you're some jailhouse lawyer or think you don't have to obey the law is ridiculous. That is one of the reasons this college attending criminal is dead.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:55 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
It depends on where you are. In Oklahoma a man robbed a convenience store, ran out the door, across a highway and started across a field. In the mean time, the owner got out his rifle with a scope, stepped out the front door of his store, shot the robber in the back of the head from 100 yards plus.

No charges were filed and the store owner was commended for his actions.

That is the way it should be.
Good for him, but I wasn't talking about the legality, only about what I would do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events