Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:29 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It is 57 below zero View Post
Not all young black males are criminals. Just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
100% Wrong. Don't put your racism on everyone else. I have never had a young black male do anything bad to me in my life, and I have been around places where there were a lot of young black males. OTOH, I have been robbed and harassed by police too many times to even count.

I have never had a young black male force my car to stop, and then shake me down for money. I have never had young black male force me out of my car, and then start searching it violation of my constitutional rights.

I have never seen a young black male carjack a car. I know it happens, because I have seen videos of it. But I have never seen it happen with my own eyes. So I don't worry much about it. OTOH I can look out my window any time of the day or night and see jackbooted government thugs, robbing people on the highway, every 15 minutes.

But you think I should fear something, that I have never ever seen happen, more then something that I see happen every 15 minutes with my own eyes. Your reality sure is weird, to say nothing about irrational.
It's not at all racist to state facts. And the facts are that young black males have much more to fear from other young black males than they do from the police.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 10:31 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
100% Wrong. Don't put your racism on everyone else. I have never had a young black male do anything bad to me in my life, and I have been around places where there were a lot of young black males. OTOH, I have been robbed and harassed by police too many times to even count.

I have never had a young black male force my car to stop, and then shake me down for money. I have never had young black male force me out of my car, and then start searching it violation of my constitutional rights.

I have never seen a young black male carjack a car. I know it happens, because I have seen videos of it. But I have never seen it happen with my own eyes. So I don't worry much about it. OTOH I can look out my window any time of the day or night and see jackbooted government thugs, robbing people on the highway, every 15 minutes.

But you think I should fear something, that I have never ever seen happen, more then something that I see happen every 15 minutes with my own eyes. Your reality sure is weird, to say nothing about irrational.
A very big lol@this!!! You pretty much lost all credibility with that statement. It would be akin to me stating that I've seen young black males rob, kill, assault each other every 15 minutes.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 09-14-2015 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: Added last sentence

Old 09-14-2015, 10:35 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
A very big lol@this!!!
But, see, it's easy for the jack-booted thugs, since they have access to their black helicopters ...

Old 09-14-2015, 11:11 AM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Of the 84 total shots cops fired, one struck the suspect.
Sounds like these cops need to spend a lot more time at the range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
It's not at all racist to state facts. And the facts are that young black males have much more to fear from other young black males than they do from the police.
Black lives matter, right?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:23 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Sounds like these cops need to spend a lot more time at the range.
In 1999 officers with the NYPD fired at Amadou Diallo 41 times striking 19 times.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Amadou_Diallo

In 2006 officers of the NYPD fired 50 rounds into the car of Sean Bell striking Bell three times, and his passengers Joseph Guzman 19 times, Trent Benefield who was in the back seat, was hit three times. Stray bullets from the fusillade narrowly missed a bystander and two Port Authority Police offices standing a block away.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_B...oting_incident

Yes, I would think a little more range time would be advisable.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Like the favorite sport of apologizing for the police no matter how bad or incompetent they are. Even when they have to shoot 84 times to hit a suspect one time, and even then it appears to have been by accident. But hey, if you shoot enough times, eventually one of the bullets has got to find the target.

Yep it is totally annoying when someone is shooting at you who has just committed a murder and won't stand still long enough to either being taken into custody or shot. It's equally as wrong to be so far into the paranoia zone as to try and twist every bit of information into the lets hate all cops agenda. I don't understand the mentality.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:31 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Yep it is totally annoying when someone is shooting at you who has just committed a murder and won't stand still long enough to either being taken into custody or shot. It's equally as wrong to be so far into the paranoia zone as to try and twist every bit of information into the lets hate all cops agenda. I don't understand the mentality.
I hope the cop-bashers never need to dial 911 …

"911 … What is your emergency … ???"

"My house is on fire … !!! Please send the Fire Department … !!! But … Ummmm … I don't want them spraying a lot of water all over, because I have a lot of nice books in the house … and new carpets …"

Last edited by Teilhard; 09-14-2015 at 11:40 AM..

Old 09-14-2015, 11:36 AM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I hope the copy-bashers never need to dial 911 …

"911 … What is your emergency … ???"

"My house is on fire … !!! Please send the Fire Department … !!! But … Ummmm … I don't want them spraying a lot of water all over, because I have a lot of nice books in the house … and new carpets …"
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! That is sooooooo true LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 09-14-2015, 12:01 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,771,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Very true. I've been on here before to warn people - Police Officers ability with firearms is generally extremely poor. Weapons training requirements vary from department to department but are never sufficient. Better departments might require 2 times a year at a firing range - that's NOT good, it's scary. Some departments and officers, seriously, their last training may have been at the academy. I usually carry a weapon, and I would consider 2 times a year or less of training as reckless.
A big component of that is cost of ammo. Our departments around here routinely have to suspend range practice for weeks at a time because there is no budget for the ammo. Politicians do not like having bullets on the line item.

Old 09-14-2015, 12:31 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Too bad he was only hit in the leg. One to the back of the head would of been nice. 12 Prior arrests? What a contributor to society.
It also says a lot about our judicial system. 12 priors and shooting it out with target school dropouts?

Notice how nice of a hole the .40 left in the fender of that car? A .9mm might spray more but anyone with ballistics knowledge knows the big round packs more punch.

Was that the actual Taurus or a stock photo? I choose the latter.

How often are police taken to the hospital for tinnitus? What is the treatment? I have lived with it for 20+ years. If the gunfight had taken place in a house the SPL would have been higher but this was outdoors from what the story tells me. The sound pressure dissipates. The last time I did any outside target shooting with handguns was with a .357 a couple of years ago. We put the revolver away and went to see "The Nutcracker Suite". Tinnitus? No one complained; not even the two boys, 8 and 6 years old. They were the reason we went to the ballet and they were shooting as well. I am basically limited to indoor ranges here. My brother has a huge berm right off his driveway that serves as a nice backstop. Sweet!

Last edited by armory; 09-14-2015 at 12:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events