Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I have said repeatedly that most police officers are reliable, dependable, and honorable. But I have also repeatedly said we need to get rid of those who are not.

What this topic has to do with me being a retired principal I have no idea.

In a study conducted in Rialto, California, police wearing video cams resulted in a 50% reduction in police use of force, yet they still got the job done. There was also a 90% reduction in citizen complaints against police officers.
I 100% agree with body cams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Hence the problem. They see the public as the enemy and enjoy the hunt.
Again you know what you said, Its not what you said a few minutes ago.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:05 PM

Lastly thank you to the NYPD officers who got this dirt bag off the street. Thank god you are ok so you can return to your families that fear for your safety nightly. Also thank you for doing a very difficult job and protecting the rights of current event posters who enjoy criticizing your work without ever having the balls to do it themselves!!!!

Old 09-13-2015, 11:14 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,758,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Lastly thank you to the NYPD officers who got this dirt bag off the street. Thank god you are ok so you can return to your families that fear for your safety nightly. Also thank you for doing a very difficult job and protecting the rights of current event posters who enjoy criticizing your work without ever having the balls to do it themselves!!!!
I'd venture to say that these posters have much more to fear from young black males than they do the police.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:16 AM

962 posts, read 631,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I'd venture to say that these posters have much more to fear from young black males than they do the police.
Not all young black males are criminals. Just saying.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:18 AM

962 posts, read 631,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
When I see you make a statement like that I am not surprised!!! No meaningful debate can occur when you say nonsense like that!!!
Agreed.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:50 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,036,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
100% Wrong. Don't put your racism on everyone else. I have never had a young black male do anything bad to me in my life, and I have been around places where there were a lot of young black males. OTOH, I have been robbed and harassed by police too many times to even count.

I have never had a young black male force my car to stop, and then shake me down for money. I have never had young black male force me out of my car, and then start searching it violation of my constitutional rights.

I have never seen a young black male carjack a car. I know it happens, because I have seen videos of it. But I have never seen it happen with my own eyes. So I don't worry much about it. OTOH I can look out my window any time of the day or night and see jackbooted government thugs, robbing people on the highway, every 15 minutes.

But you think I should fear something, that I have never ever seen happen, more then something that I see happen every 15 minutes with my own eyes. Your reality sure is weird, to say nothing about irrational.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:10 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,902 times
NYPD have TERRIBLE triggers on their glocks (I have a NY1 trigger on my glock). Combined with situational pressure and the fact that it is a handgun one can expect a rather low hit rate. Hnaguns are self defense tools that one should use to fight to a rifle. Accuracy with a rifle would be vastly improved.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:14 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
NYPD have TERRIBLE triggers on their glocks (I have a NY1 trigger on my glock). Combined with situational pressure and the fact that it is a handgun one can expect a rather low hit rate. Hnaguns are self defense tools that one should use to fight to a rifle. Accuracy with a rifle would be vastly improved.
A handgun is best used aimed carefully at a paper target (which isn't moving and isn't shooting at me) ...

Old 09-14-2015, 07:18 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,415,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
A handgun is best used aimed carefully at a paper target (which isn't moving and isn't shooting at me) ...
Pretty much. Beyond that use hit rate goes out the window. Just too difficult to hold on target like a rifle. We just got gongs at my range. Advantage arms 22 kit on my 19 is a fun afternoon shooting at metal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events