Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 07:45 PM

335 posts, read 325,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post

You do realize that some Muslims are born in the US now and we have always been a free country, right
Am I forgetting something here???? 3000 AMERICANS went to work on 9-11 and paid the ultimate price just for going about day to day life. And let me remind you, the pilots of those planes were also not considered threats. Explain that one to me..And while you're at it.....explain to me and the rest of the forum why we even need to constantly be aware of a person who may or may not be out to kill us for no other reason other than just being an American. The best minds in this country can't identify these scumbags or stop them. (Boston Marathon) I just don't understand what it will take to eliminate this cancer from our way of life....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 07:50 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post
Am I forgetting something here???? 3000 AMERICANS went to work on 9-11 and paid the ultimate price just for going about day to day life. And let me remind you, the pilots of those planes were also not considered threats. Explain that one to me..And while you're at it.....explain to me and the rest of the forum why we even need to constantly be aware of a person who may or may not be out to kill us for no other reason other than just being an American. The best minds in this country can't identify these scumbags or stop them. (Boston Marathon) I just don't understand what it will take to eliminate this cancer from our way of life....
So many gullible people are still under the impression that 9-11 was not a false flag attack.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:51 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Of course, and some of those sects and movements are quite radical and violent - and well funded, and international in scope and influence.

We can point fingers at other groups all day long but the simple truth is that right now, in the 21st century, it's radical Islam that is the most violent and ruthless organization out there. We need to face today's threats objectively.
Yes … We do best ALWAYS to meet contemporary threats objectively, i.e., without hysteria and/or bigotry ...

Old 11-15-2015, 07:51 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Amen.

Unfortunately, there are a whole lotta Muslims from other countries who apparently are not followers of the Cat Stevens style of Islam.
Yusuf Islam mellowed considerably from when he first accepted Islam. Like many new reverts he began quite radical but in time learned that Islam stresses moderation.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
So many gullible people are still under the impression that 9-11 was not a false flag attack.
So the 9-11 attacks weren't not a true false flag operation … ???
But … What if it was just so cleverly performed as to make people THINK that it wasn't not a true false flag deal … ??? How would we know … ???

Old 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Further View Post

The band was not a threat either. The draw was the name "The Eagles of Death Metal" to a bunch of people that hate us.. okay? ( My opinion, of-course) Maybe as in- draw two lines in the sand and see who is the real Eagle is--when it was all about who it was that was suppose to separate in the SKY? Maybe for virgins is the code? There is certainly one pattern I've noticed with the two and both are EAGLES/PLANES/FLYING and yeah, I had a friend that died in the Oklahoma City Bombing and we are simply not a free country anymore. Get it... and that radical was a white guy

Anything else?.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:57 PM

12,022 posts, read 11,568,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
The two Syrian passports were fakes according to US and French intelligence agencies. They said they were likely produced in Turkey (starting to sound like the Bangkok bomb plot traced back to Turkey). There was also the recent 'ISIS' bomb attack against the Kurds in Turkey which many think was a false flag engineered before a quickie presidential election.
Turkey claimed to have stopped a copycat plot on the same day as the Paris attack.

Up to 20 participated in the Paris plot with most of the arrests centered in the Brussels, Belgium suburb of Molenbeek.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...82f_story.html

Old 11-15-2015, 07:59 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Yes … We do best ALWAYS to meet contemporary threats objectively, i.e., without hysteria and/or bigotry ...

I agree.

Is it hysterical or bigoted to point out that ISIS is a massive, extremely well funded international organization whose goal is to establish a radical Islamic caliphate via conquest and terrorism, and to destroy any country or individual who doesn't go along with this plan?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:01 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
Quote:
I agree.

Is it hysterical or bigoted to point out that ISIS is a massive, extremely well funded international organization whose goal is to establish a radical Islamic caliphate via conquest and terrorism, and to destroy any country or individual who doesn't go along with this plan?
But Kathryn, not ALL Muslims are like this! Why are you so worried about what is a small minority?? I KNOW plenty of Muslims who are peaceful and do not support this. I am friends with some, and they are wonderful people.

Answers we have gotten so far.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:

I agree.

It is hysterical bigotry to equate "Islam" with "ISIS" … or al Qa'eda … or Hamas and Hezbollah …
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events