Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 09:25 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,254,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
One of the many reasons all my movies are watched in the comfort and solitude of my own home with a bowl of stovetop popped popcorn and a fizzy water.
Just like at my house! You can even pause the movie if you get an important text.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2016, 09:39 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
i wish they would ban crinkly candy wrappers. that'd be great.

Old 04-15-2016, 09:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
Jesus...giving in to Millennials. Another failure for America.

It's one thing for people to be addicted to their phones while at work, out to dinner, etc. But to actually pay money to sit in a movie theater....if you can't put your phone down for two hours, you might have a problem LOL

Old 04-15-2016, 10:00 AM

633 posts, read 1,012,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Jesus...giving in to Millennials. Another failure for America.

It's one thing for people to be addicted to their phones while at work, out to dinner, etc. But to actually pay money to sit in a movie theater....if you can't put your phone down for two hours, you might have a problem LOL
The AMC folks want to make even MORE MONEY !!!!!

Phones should be put down during dinner unless you are eating alone. SO RUDE to be on your phone when you are with your SO or your family. BEYOND INCONSIDERATE. Its like the phone and everything "out there in internet land" is more important than the people you are sitting with. And at work, well, no wonder why many millennials cannot find gainful employment! No work ethic! Phone comes first!

The 20-somethings (and lots of 30-somethings +) can't bear to be without their outside connection for a mere moment, because they are SO important. They must see and be the first to know everything at ALL TIMES.

Need to get over themselves. No one is THAT important.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:17 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I never stopped texting! As long as it's silent, WTF does anyone care? I don't get it AT ALL. Maybe reserve the last third of the rows so that no one has to see the evil texters?

There is nothing in a text conversation that can't wait until the movie is over.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:38 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headingtoDenver View Post
It is funny how you capitalized movie theater and not restaurant. You go to a theater to watch a movie, not eat dinner. Snacks are one thing, meals are another. There are theaters that specialize in dinner and a show (i.e. Alamo). You go to this type of theater, you should expect the theater to smell like a restaurant.
It's never been a secret that movie theaters make their money on concessions. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that they offer a variety of food.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:40 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i wish they would ban crinkly candy wrappers. that'd be great.
I recently got a box of candy at the movies, and was surprised to find that inside the relatively quiet box was a crinkly baggie of candy. I still can't figure out why they needed the extra (noisy) packaging.

Old 04-15-2016, 10:47 AM

1,009 posts, read 708,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I never stopped texting! As long as it's silent, WTF does anyone care? I don't get it AT ALL. Maybe reserve the last third of the rows so that no one has to see the evil texters?
Oh my ! To be held hostage for two hrs. without texting . How will these people survive SMH

Old 04-15-2016, 10:54 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times
**** like this should embarrass America lol

Old 04-15-2016, 11:11 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
The light from texting in a movie theatre is so grrrr - makes me want to throw a shoe at the back of the Texters head! Usually it's an adult - rarely see 20s and under using their phones after the trailers start. I don't think having texting at some screenings would prevent those onesies and twosies who do it regardless of the rules.
Really? I don't see the light as distracting. It's hardly pitch black in a theater. You have lights along the floor and steps, lights on counters and tables in the "studio grill" type theaters, lights along the walls. I'm sure there will be guidelines and texting will be conditional on following them, like dim your screens, silence notifications, and maybe restrict to the back rows.

I think it's a non-issue and there won't be that much more texting than there is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events