Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Next thing could be your perfume.

(Bring masks and inhalers, show them, and ask NICELY to have your seat moved.
Gain an advocate in a staff member!)
Allergic to cats or dogs ? Bring your meds, also.

A professor?
Seems the last guy screamed he was a doctor...i can se it now... "But, I'm a government official that was forced to take a commercial flight, What are you doing?!"
I wouldn't be surprised. I've had to relocate because of over scented people. This was on the train and it was a two day trip so allergy meds and sleeping through it wouldn't do (they knock me out in excess). But I just ask for a different seat, and it was no problem. If there was none, then I'd expect the airline to fix it. Can't dump someone off the train in the middle of nowhere....

Land travel with pets is very common and its not hard at all to find a place which takes them. There's no special procedures. There's no uprising about a hotel taking you and your cat. I've never seen a sign at regrestration saying 'warning we take pets'. If you plan a trip, plan everything. This means if you have cat or dog problems, ask before and make sure its noted and get there early to be sure its been noted. Its not really different than having a couple of kids who require carseats for the ride, and parents need to be near. They shouldn't be mad if the first time the brought it up was when they arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 01:34 PM

794 posts, read 1,325,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I don't get it. If I had allergies like that, I'd have an industrial HEPA breathing mask for travel.

I've been on Southwest flights a number of times when the flight attendant announced on the PA that there would be no peanuts because somebody was allergic. Kind of the same thing with peanuts. If you're allergic, a surgical mask fixes the problem.

Off topic a little, but I was recently on a flight back from Europe and they announced a passenger had a severe peanut allergy and asked everyone not to eat nuts on the plane. They made the announcement once, while people were still boarding. DH and I frequently bring nuts on long flights for an easy snack, but luckily, we heard it so we didn't open them. Half-way through the flight we smelled someone around us was eating peanuts. Nothing happened but it really made me wonder how someone can travel with a severe allergy like that - I would be scared about something happening over the ocean - especially, like I said, they only made the announcement once when about half of the passengers were on board.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:29 AM

983 posts, read 737,753 times
Woman dragged off Southwest plane 'because she's Muslim' | Daily Mail Online

Quote:
A lawyer for a woman seen on video being dragged off a Southwest Airlines flight in Maryland said Wednesday she never claimed her allergy to dogs was life-threatening and that her eviction from the aircraft was motivated by anti-Muslim bias.
Forty-six-year-old Anila Daulatzai's lawyer says she agreed with crew members that she'd be fine with the dogs on the cross-country flight as long as they sat far apart.
But she says other Southwest employees told her to leave the plane.
The airline says that it required Daulatzai to produce a medical certificate, without which it could deny her the right to stay on board.
This woman is crazy!

Old 10-05-2017, 12:59 AM

15,415 posts, read 9,055,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Crazy like a fox.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:20 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times
Anyone know if there is an update on this story? I've tried searching and haven't found anything.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Anyone know if there is an update on this story? I've tried searching and haven't found anything.
I just posted an update above you.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:15 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,491,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I just posted an update above you.
Ah, charges were filed against her so now she's hired an attorney and has another story. She's certifiable.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Ah, charges were filed against her so now she's hired an attorney and has another story. She's certifiable.
What's crazy is she's a college professor

Old 10-05-2017, 05:52 AM

2,536 posts, read 2,734,969 times
Now she is playing the race card.

Old 10-05-2017, 06:23 AM

5,015 posts, read 8,178,365 times
Maybe airline workers need to wear body cams now to show all the things they have to deal with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events