Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 03:45 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,080,484 times

Advertisements

Sometimes sickness hits instantly, or something someone ate. People vomit in public places..sometimes the same thing happens with the other end.
She should have cleaned it up, 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 03:54 PM

19,849 posts, read 12,119,711 times
http://mochimachine.org/wasteland/

Poop tracker.

Old 12-03-2017, 04:48 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,795,101 times
I wouldn't be too judgmental. It's a necessary bodily function. When you have to go, you have to go. This was an emergency. How often do you hear about delivery drivers pooping on driveway? Give her a break.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:22 PM

16,080 posts, read 21,172,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
I wouldn't be too judgmental. It's a necessary bodily function. When you have to go, you have to go. This was an emergency. How often do you hear about delivery drivers pooping on driveway? Give her a break.
You know there appear to be vehicles parked in driveways, why couldn't she knock on a few doors? Or worst case scenario take off the floppy yellow safety vest and poop in that and toss it. Pretty sure she's gonna lose her job over this anyway, using the vest would have at least saved her dignity.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:24 PM

436 posts, read 302,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I can't believe the number of posters who think this kind of behavior is acceptable!

Just because I am a responsible parent and pet owner does not mean I want to pick up after strangers. We're talking about an adult woman, someone who was more then capable of doing it herself.
Diarrhea

To re-post again: "think these things thru please"
and consider that^^^ my response to your next post too!

Old 12-03-2017, 08:40 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,599,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
....... but wouldn't you at least clean up the mess?
When you've got to go, you've got to go. But the niceties of civilization, that call for the proper follow-up, apparently haven't extended to everyone.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:27 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
As others have noted, the issue is not cleaning up after the "emergency" is over.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:35 PM

37,639 posts, read 46,045,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Back in the 50s and 60s there was a service station on every American corner. All stations had public restrooms. You only need travel a couple of blocks to find another public toilet. Needing a bathroom quickly was never an issue back then.

It's different today. You have to find a fast food place, and those most always are distances apart and not in the rural areas unless it's a town. Many businesses won't let you use their restroom unless you're a customer.

I was in a thrift store that caters to busloads of seniors on walkers and canes. It had a sign on the front door, "Bathrooms are for employees Only". That's rude if you ask me.

Maybe this in only in New York State? What are other states like? Maybe those who are more horrified by the Amazon employee's behavior have better access to public restrooms?
If you live anywhere near me, there is NO END to places "on the corner" with public restrooms. Even the more rural areas there are tons of places to "go". There would be no excuse whatsoever for such ignorant behavior. Honestly. Only someone raised in a barn would think this was appropriate.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:07 AM

11,829 posts, read 5,811,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I can't believe the number of posters who think this kind of behavior is acceptable!

Just because I am a responsible parent and pet owner does not mean I want to pick up after strangers. We're talking about an adult woman, someone who was more then capable of doing it herself.
I'm not saying it's acceptable but I do know it's something you have no control over. You're blessed if you haven't had an experience like this as I have and I know others that have too. Most poop their pants and then have to sit in it until they can get somewhere to clean up - it comes on you so fast that you don't have time to be running around trying to find a bathroom.

It's easy to judge others when you have no idea what the circumstances were and I'm willing to give this person the benefit of the doubt that it came on that fast after it happening to me - TG I was home - but I didn't make it to the bathroom - and probably sometime in your life - you'll be able to enjoy the experience of the same kind of thing. Have fun with it as it's the most embarrassing, humbling thing you will ever experience.

Old 12-04-2017, 03:12 AM

11,829 posts, read 5,811,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
helping a family member who needs help or picking up dog poop or scooping cat crap or changing a babies diaper (which can be pretty damn disgusting to be honest), none of these things come close to cleaning up an adult strangers sh*t off the street. come on now...

nurses and people in situations where it is part of their job are a different breed. i couldn't do it. but that is part of their job and they know that going in.

This is one and the same thing when our esteemed poster was talking about e-coli! People get over it - it's poop - most people would have cleaned it up thinking a dog left it and there would be no story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events