Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2019, 04:38 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
I’m sure you would. Too bad that would never happen. I’m a human being not a damn animal that needs to be weighed before boarding a cattle car.
Actually, you are an animal, ever taken a biology course? and actually being charged by the pound would be quite fair, ever taken an economics course?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 04:41 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Actually, you are an animal, ever taken a biology course? and actually being charged by the pound would be quite fair, ever taken an economics course?
You can quit the lame attempts at insulting me, as it’s a waste of time bub. Actually if the airlines did charge by my weight I’d pay far less than what I’m paying now.

Old 02-01-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
You can quit the lame attempts at insulting me, as it’s a waste of time bub. Actually if the airlines did charge by my weight I’d pay far less than what I’m paying now.
So me calling you an animal, which you, me and all humans are, is an insult? how do you figure?

Old 02-01-2019, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I'd be fine with getting weighed before a flight especially if there was a safety issue involved. Doesn't bother me. I get weighed at the doctor's office anyway.

I got weighed to qualify for life insurance and they would likely have denied me if I had weighed too much. Would that be a bummer? Sure it would. But I would just focus on losing the weight.
Listen I’m 510 and 149-150 lbs. obviously I don’t fill the already small seats. But that doesn’t mean that I support such initiatives as having passengers get weighed. Far too personal and intrusive. There’s yet to be a commercial jet that has crashed due to excessive weight. Barring safety everything else doesn’t matter really.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Listen I’m 510 and 149-150 lbs. obviously I don’t fill the already small seats. But that doesn’t mean that I support such initiatives as having passengers get weighed. Far too personal and intrusive. There’s yet to be a commercial jet that has crashed due to excessive weight. Barring safety everything else doesn’t matter really.
As people become heavier and airlines cram as many in as possible, I wonder if that will change.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
As people become heavier and airlines cram as many in as possible, I wonder if that will change.
but that right there is the problem, the airlines trying to cram in as many people as possible. they've also decreased the spacing between rows in an effort to collect more money with "premium seating" (which didn't exist many years ago.) I'm penalized for being tall, forget about being large sized. And I just have to deal with it, I can't make people not recline their seat.

In fact, forget about a discounted ticket. How about a regular, decently priced ticket with decent leg room and maybe a bit wider width for the expanding population?

Old 02-01-2019, 05:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I didn't say it wasn't the problem, but I doubt the airlines will be scaling back anytime soon.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
but that right there is the problem, the airlines trying to cram in as many people as possible. they've also decreased the spacing between rows in an effort to collect more money with "premium seating" (which didn't exist many years ago.) I'm penalized for being tall, forget about being large sized. And I just have to deal with it, I can't make people not recline their seat.

In fact, forget about a discounted ticket. How about a regular, decently priced ticket with decent leg room and maybe a bit wider width for the expanding population?
How about some appreciation for the fact that airlines are operating at razor thin profit margins, offering you an absolutely ridiculously cheap way to travel long distances?
First world problem complainer, right here.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I didn't say it wasn't the problem, but I doubt the airlines will be scaling back anytime soon.
Yep, indeed.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:17 PM

37,615 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:

I don’t want to see any larger seats or accommodations for any “expanding population”, unless those seats are charged an “expanding fare”. There needs to be more incentive for that expanding population to decrease in size, not increase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events