Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2019, 05:02 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
The salad eater says 'F--K' at 2:20.

What is hilarious is that you people only see and hear what you want to see and hear.

Selective outrage.
No selective outrage at all. She uttered that under her breath...barely audible. The obese nurse flat out called her, LOUDLY, a BI**H. What is hilarious that you cannot discern the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2019, 05:04 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,891,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You don't think if you were on a good weight loss/nutrition program monitored by a physician, you could lose any weight?

I do not believe if you really fasted four days a week, then did not indulge on the other days, you would not lose weight. It simply defies logic. It would also be very unhealthy to try.

A coworker of mine was obese and said the same type of things, but then she got a medical condition which affected her appetite and sure enough she lost a lot of weight.
I may be off food stamps but I am still not in a position to buy things like some of the healthier foods. I wish I were. In fact, I can't afford to be monitored by a physician. I'm still responsible for 20% of any doctor visit, and those costs can add up fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
No! We don't have to accept anything, because weight is not the root issue here. We've already said several times that we don't care how much people eat or how much excess blubber they chose to carry around. If you eat more than you burn, you store the weight. That's a fact. That's a personal choice. Stop making excuses for that.

The real problem is being forced against our will to share our airplane seat for any reason with two strangers.

And here's a tip for all immature Facebook film makers who love to throw the r-word (rude) around. As soon as you stick that camera in my face all negotiations are off. Talk about trying to shame people! You want rude? I'll give you rude. I would have grabbed that phone and thrown it down the pit toilet. Unfortunately I wouldn't have been able to crawl over hefty man to make a quick race for the bathroom.

Occupation of that aisle seat by the obese should be considered a threat to our lives. Planes crash. They catch on fire. Quick and unimpeded escape is paramount. If hefty man becomes incapable of moving out of his seat during a fire, middle and window seat are mostly likely gonna die. How's that for rude?
If a plane that size crashes, the odds are you aren't going to be alive to try to get out anyway. And here's something for you: let's replace the "hefty man" in your sentence with something like "pregnant woman" or "man with guide dog" or "woman who boarded on a wheelchair" or "woman with baby or small child on lap". Go on. I dare you.

What are you - the airline police? Only people who are 6' and under and weigh under 200 pounds can get on MY airplane? What happens if a tall man with long legs sits in the aisle seat. And why would a hefty person be unable to get out of a seat they got into?

How about this: you pay a little extra to get the aisle seat or at least ask to be seated next to a small child who's on the aisle. You can climb over small children if that's your point. *sarcasm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
We can accept it..AS LONG AS YOU DON'T USE BOTH ARMRESTS!
The last time I flew, I didn't use the amrest at all. Either of them. Happy now?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I don't think paying for an extra seat is going to work. Airlines almost always overbook and if they see an empty seat next to you and they have people waiting to fly...well, how do you think that's going to go over?

Likewise, charging per pound. Do that and you'll triple the number of small children on a flight. Besides being a MAJOR impediment to getting out safely in an emergency (Javacoffee would be apoplectic), do you guys really want to be on flights where small, screaming seat kickers are 3/4 of the passengers?

Old 02-04-2019, 05:07 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,376,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post

Likewise, charging per pound. Do that and you'll triple the number of small children on a flight. Besides being a MAJOR impediment to getting out safely in an emergency (Javacoffee would be apoplectic), do you guys really want to be on flights where small, screaming seat kickers are 3/4 of the passengers?
I'd much rather sit next to a small child on a flight than a 350 pound adult.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:46 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No selective outrage at all. She uttered that under her breath...barely audible. The obese nurse flat out called her, LOUDLY, a BI**H. What is hilarious that you cannot discern the difference.

No, what is hilarious is that you people were initially clutching your pearls about how rude and uncouth the fat lady's use of profanity is, all the while claiming that Sally Salad Eater never ever never ever never ever uttered ANY profanity at all. That is what you said. Do you want me to go back and quote all your, and your City Data friends' posts saying so? You didn't say she kept her profanity at acceptable decibels. You specifically said that she never used any profanity at all.

When it's pointed out that you are WRONG, all of a sudden your stance on scurrilous, scandalous (For Shame!) profanity changes. Now all of a sudden, as long as you say it under your breath, it's fine. And in this case, it's justified because the fat lady was rude in calling her a *****.

To you, the fat lady was wrong to lose her temper at this moron going out of her way to loudly and publicly humiliate her, but somehow, all of Sally Salads' bad behaviour and profanity is justified.

Lots of disingenuous hypocrisy on this forum. As per usual.

Old 02-04-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Yep, and not only did the blond lady get labled a b**** unfairly, she ended up getting bumped from her flight - very unfairly.
She is a *****. Not because she was annoyed. Not because she was angry. Not because she wanted a different seat.

She is a ***** because she went out of her way to loudly and publicly humiliate 2 strangers, when all she had to do was press the button for a flight attendant and ask for a seat change.

She got bumped off her flight for being disruptive.

Grow up, people.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:08 PM

Quote:
She is a *****. Not because she was annoyed. Not because she was angry. Not because she wanted a different seat.

She is a ***** because she went out of her way to loudly and publicly humiliate 2 strangers, when all she had to do was press the button for a flight attendant and ask for a seat change.

Grow up, people.
She wasn't the only one being disruptive. Not by far. I'm surprised they didn't kick several people off that flight.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
She wasn't the only one being disruptive. Not by far. I'm surprised they didn't kick several people off that flight.
They re-seated her, as requested. She continued acting like a jackass. They booted her. Too bad.

“United flight attendants care about the safety and well being of all of our customers which is why they acted quickly to find a different seat for the disruptive customer. When it became clear that this passenger’s behavior was likely to be problematic on this flight, she was provided alternate travel arrangements first thing the next morning,” spokesman Robert Einhorn said in a statement.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
They re-seated her, as requested. She continued acting like a jackass. They booted her. Too bad.

“United flight attendants care about the safety and well being of all of our customers which is why they acted quickly to find a different seat for the disruptive customer. When it became clear that this passenger’s behavior was likely to be problematic on this flight, she was provided alternate travel arrangements first thing the next morning,” spokesman Robert Einhorn said in a statement.
I watched the video. She was being harassed by at least one other passenger, possibly more. To me, it seems like she was simply given a different flight; not banned from flying their airlines altogether.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I watched the video. She was being harassed by at least one other passenger, possibly more. To me, it seems like she was simply given a different flight; not banned from flying their airlines altogether.
What are you talking about? She wasn't being harassed. After she repeatedly preaches about salad, a whole bunch of people can be heard groaning and saying stuff like "Oh come on.", because eventually, people got sick of her BS. That one dude that specifically calls her out, calls her "ma'am" while doing it. People weren't harassing her, they were reacting to her being a huge *****.

Also, nobody said she was banned from flying. She was merely booted off that particular flight. And it was after she was re-seated, and continued acting like an idiot.

Why are people so hell bent on defending this clown?

Old 02-04-2019, 06:38 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
Quote:

Grow up, people.

She wasn't disruptive and, contrary to erroneous reports, she did not have "a meltdown," she wasn't on a "rant," ....and she didn't "go berserk." That's why she was NOT "booted from the plane," another erroneous statement bandied about by fatties who like to stick together.

The fact is that per United, she was "provided alternate travel arrangements the very next morning."

That accommodation would be because they knew they had no business squeezing her between two obese individuals who chose not to sit together because they couldn't.

Until United--and other carriers--address this issue, they will have to continue to do what they did here: placate entitled, obese passengers who want to play the victim, and provide alternate trips, at their expense, for those passengers unfortunate enough to get stuck with one--or two--obese individuals encroaching on their space for hours-long flights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events